• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Yes that one. I get confused because the 3DS game was the PSP game and so on.

I think the boat has probably been missed for that one, sadly. As much as I wish it weren't. Namco appears to have very little trust in the Digimon brand over here, sadly... either that or Saban is blocking their ability to release the more out-there Digimon stuff.

TunaLover

No new Mario game, and N64 VC is a wishful thinking at this point.
Also Retro is not working in any title.
I'm not being sarcastic.

Shauni

No new Mario game, and N64 VC is a wishful thinking at this point.
Also Retro is not working in any title.
I'm not being sarcastic.

Well, Retro is working on a title, this has been known for a long time, but will it be on this Direct? Probably not.

maxcriden

Thanks. I'm reading this was an estimate (above) so hopefully it's longer than 30. I'll be pleased with even five minutes, though!

I won't be able to watch until an hour afterward but good luck with going in blind, max.

It's an expression ;)

(If you're serious, though--I think there's usually a spoiler-free thread or link. Maybe you can send me the link to go in blind after you watch it!)

for shame max

you're really slippin' man

Re: shame--true, I remember the days I could just not sleep

Re: slippin'--these adult responsibilites, bruh, what can i say

There's a lot of crazy hopes here and I have a lot too but any of these things would make me happy.

Realistic expectations :
  • Collectible Badge Center available soon (now would be awesome)
  • Box Boy available soon (now is even better)
  • Splatoon Amiibos
  • Starfox gameplay and release date
Iwata bomb :
  • F-Zero announcement
  • Metroid announcement
  • Paper Mario announcement

Nintendo, tick two boxes in the realistic expectations list and one in the Iwata bomb list. Every combination is ok for me :D

Chû Totoro;158382829 said:
There's a lot of crazy hopes here and I have a lot too but any of these things would make me happy.

Realistic expectations :
  • Collectible Badge Center available soon (now would be awesome)
  • Box Boy available soon (now is even better)
  • Splatoon Amiibos
  • Starfox gameplay and release date
Iwata bomb :
  • F-Zero announcement
    [*]Metroid announcement
  • Paper Mario announcement

Nintendo, tick two boxes in the realistic expectations list and one in the Iwata bomb list. Every combination is ok for me :D

Don't do this to me

woopWOOP

Hold on, if the timer on the front page is correct then the Direct airs at 1 AM over here...
Curse these European daylight saving times!

Anyway, gonna keep those expectations relatively low. Some Splatoon news with perhaps a releasedate, short Mewtwo footage, new Fire Emblem trailer and maybe a vague MK8 DLC trailer. That'd make me happy enough, anything else would be extra gravy.

L~A

Hold on, if the timer on the front page is correct then the Direct airs at 1 AM over here...
Curse these European daylight saving times!

Anyway, gonna keep those expectations relatively low. Some Splatoon news with perhaps a releasedate, short Mewtwo footage, new Fire Emblem trailer and maybe a vague MK8 DLC trailer. That'd make me happy enough, anything else would be extra gravy.

Nah, it's midnight. Fixed the timer.

Guessing since it is 30 minutes, this will be pretty much what I guess. At least I will not be disappointed.

Edit: Oh yeah, final Club Nintendo rewards also go up today. Hope it is good!

maxcriden

I know man. What is up with employers these days? Don't they have Nintendo Direct schedules synced in Outlook like normal people??

Well, luckily I'll already be home. When there's one at work I usually can just move things around a bit so I can watch it there. It's my wife who may not want me to stop everything to watch an ND at 6 PM. :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
is this the right time to post fake Wii U games covers?

62610-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd.png

amnesiac

Don't even wanna know how bad N64 games look on an HDTV. Unless there was a scanline effect or something, N64 games would look terrible on modern displays, more than they already do on SDTVs.

Plus the Wii had, what, only 20 N64 games during its entire lifetime? The Wii U would probably only get 5-7 by the time the next console comes.

At first glance, yeah, N64 VC would be cool, but maybe it's better if they wait until next gen.

I had a hard time filling every space. I'm ready.
I think the right side vertical will be filled up today. Maybe not on the Club Nintendo stuff.
However, the chances are high.

Edit: Also I think the Amiibo space since Wave 4 was delayed in the US to be past April. I am going to guess May launch.

Even though I would prefer that they wait until next year, I wouldn't really be surprised if there's a main series Pokemon related announcement here as the "surprise". Even though Joe's theory still holds up for now, this is around the time when new Pokemon games usually get revealed.

Top Bottom