• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

RomanceDawn

Hooray for the Sakurai tweet! I hope we get behind the scenes footage of the mystical dungeon they hold him in! I wonder what black abyss he stares into when he needs inspiration?

jaosobno

Super wishful thinking:

new Metroid, 2.5D for 3DS
new Kid Icarus (3DS)
Twilight Princess 3D (N3DS exclusive)
Monster Hunter 5 teaser

I'm pretty sure TP3D will eventually happen since N3DS can even handle huge Wii games like Xenoblade, but Metroid and KI... I don't know.

While all of these can happen, I doubt they would cram so many megatons into a single Direct. Gotta spread dem bombs across the entire year.

AdanVC

Soraya just retweeted the jp announcement.

Awww yisss. Hoping for a proper trailer in english! It's like it's taking forever to Nintendo to do the localization of this game and that has me kinda worried that it could take a while and I just want to play X yesterday.

Awww yisss. Hoping for a proper trailer in english! It's like it's taking forever to Nintendo to do the localization of this game and that has me kinda worried that it could take a while and I just want to play X yesterday.

Blame the weird amount of voice options you get for the main character.

I really see no point in announcing a new AAA game or a new platform(like the NX or whatever). For one, there's more than enough news for current games that will be released for 30 minutes.. And second, is just fits E3 more. Nintendo lalways saves their big AAA announcements for E3.

At the bare minimum, I'm confident we'll see

-Splatoon+Xenoblade X release date info + treehouse gameplay/footage
-Yoshi's Woolyworld and Mario Maker news
-3DS news and release dates
-Mention of Club Nintendo's successor
-Mewtwo trailer with release dates

Also likely:
Wave 5 amiibos announced
-Mario Kart 8 DLC pack info

I really hope we get more info on Devil's Third and a Nintendo Treehouse gameplay.. As well as more DLC for smash bros, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

I'll be happy with footage of the new Mario Kart DLC, a trailer and release date for Mewtwo, a surprisingly soon release date for Mario Maker, and Splatoon amiibo :)

Soraya just retweeted the jp announcement.

Bless Soraya

Thanks, Soraya!

They wanted us to wait a lil bit to get antsy, but direct will deliver.

She didn't, what she retweeted is the Nintendo news update, which advertises Xenoblade 3D.

Roo

Can't wait..
Mario Kart and Smash DLC all over me, please

qjay7XN.gif

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be mentioned no matter what. I don't know why GAF continues stalking this woman as if it matters whether or not she "retweets" the announcement.

AniHawk

my predictions

basically i think this is going to be a pretty low-key affair. e3 is a few months away and they have a lot of announcements regarding many different things like their dena games, holiday 2015 titles for the 3ds and wii u, and additional announcements regarding new amiibo things. so that aside, this is what i think would be likely, as it probably covers the months up to and including e3, with maybe a little bit afterwards.

-amiibo wave 4 announcement date. preorders could go up after the direct - this is what happened with the majora's mask new 3ds xl in the us.
-mario kart 8 dlc 2 details
-more splatoon details, with amiibo info
-more xenoblade chronicles x details, with amiibo info
-small star fox teaser with gameplay promised for e3
-fans will be thanked for supporting club nintendo for the past decade+ and ask to look forward to the new system which shall be revealed later this year
-mewtwo dlc revealed, along with extra smash bros. features being patched in
-more project treasure details
-some late 2015 third-party localization announced (yo-kai watch or dq vii)
-the legend of zelda twilight princess hd announced for september for wii u
-super mario sunshine 3d coming to 3ds this fall
-nintendo is buying konami and forcing them to put kojima productions back on everything and is hiring back kojipro and now metal gear solid v is a wii u exclusive
-more ds games are coming to the virtual console

random25

rodea the sky soldier would be the better bet, as he hasn't worked at sega in about a decade and rodea's coming out in japan on april 2.

I didn't realize he wasn't at SEGA for a long time now. I just always associate him with the company.

Looking at his previous tweets, you may be right about Rodea.

Mik317

I don't expect much. e3 is too close.

As always expect one new reveal of some sort (StarFox?).

I expect the following
-Amiibo stuff (next wave and Splatoon intergration)
-DLC stuff (MK8 and Mewtwo...nothing more for Smash)
- Dates for Yoshi, XBX in the West, Splatoon.
-Indie stuff
- Mario Maker details
- Localization news
- Some new downloadable
- Zelda Delay Pls Understandz
- One new reveal (again StarFox is my guess)

anything else is gravy. Fire Emblem made the previous one for me so hopefully I get another game of that level to tide me over.

So the bare minimum is now:

Mewtwo DLC
Indie game footage
Ten million delirious gaf posts in the nest 16 hours.

I'm glad it's in the evening in my time zone. It makes me sad when I accidentally work through the night and stay up long enough to catch a morning direct.

Throw in about 50 amiibos

WonderzL

Banned
I don't expect much. e3 is too close.

As always expect one new reveal of some sort (StarFox?).

I expect the following
-Amiibo stuff (next wave and Splatoon intergration)
-DLC stuff (MK8 and Mewtwo...nothing more for Smash)
- Dates for Yoshi, XBX in the West, Splatoon.
-Indie stuff
- Mario Maker details
- Localization news
- Some new downloadable
- Zelda Delay Pls Understandz
- One new reveal (again StarFox is my guess)

anything else is gravy. Fire Emblem made the previous one for me so hopefully I get another game of that level to tide me over.

This. + virtual console something. They need to explain Europe and JP's nothingness

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Shucks, and here I was thinking that those indie games were taking up the time originally meant for F-Zero 3DS! Thanks for setting me straight.

5 minutes spent on indie stuff is still 5 minutes that could have been skipped in favor of stuff I actually came to see.

Like we said, that wouldn't be the case since the indie games are not time filler. They will be reducing the Direct duration instead of spending it on showing stuffs you want to see, even if they are not showing indie games.

Ozium

Mewtwo trailer plays

fades out

*siren* *siren* *siren*

A new challenger approaches!

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

BELIEVE

Top Bottom