• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

freakzilla3000

Splatoon is amazing. I played it at Eurogamer. It's just plain fun and easy to pick up and play. Looks great and feels great (except for the slightly annoying motion camera controls that you can turn off). Easily the game i enjoyed most at the event. I hope we see much more!

I am hoping to hear a lot more about Splatoon actually. I wonder how far the game has come along since E3.

Mory Dunz

Yeah I could see a similar thing where they just show a few early screens of the build. I wonder what it could be (if it exists!)

I would guess a Mario game tbh.
Not Luigi's Mansion since 2 came out
Kirby's coming out soon so I can't see that.
Zelda already got a remaster
Starfox, F-Zero, Metroid seem unlikely.

I'll go with Sunshine or Galaxy 1+2 combo pack.

emb

Splatoon is one where I feel like I don't know what to expect. We saw plenty of that one multiplayer mode on that one stage at E3, but I'm really curious to see what other things they have to show off now.

Oersted

Soraya Sage also works at Monolith Soft, doesn't she? Like she's not "just" the wife of the director.

Also interesting about the amiibo stuff being accidentally uploaded for MK8. Did it really say Fox, Captain Falcon, and co would be Mii costumes? That'd justify purchasing one for me, haha.

I think she works less these days. She was involved in Xenogears, but did she have any hand in Xenoblade?

Of course, she is more than "just" the wife.

onilink88

Soraya Sage also works at Monolith Soft, doesn't she? Like she's not "just" the wife of the director.

She addressed this recently on Twitter, actually. No, she's not an employee of Monolith Soft; she does freelance work. Right now, I'm inclined to believe she's working on X in some capacity.

Volotaire

I am hoping to hear a lot more about Splatoon actually. I wonder how far the game has come along since E3.

From a gameplay perspective, and from what I played, it seems like Splatoon has been polished. All the paint tactical gameplay merging with the squid gameplay meshed extremely well even around corners or up walls. Of course, it was a closed build of a demo that they have been polishing for many months. I guess all they are doing now is adding features, maps, polishing, etc. I can't wait to see what they have filled the game with.

Hatchtag

Banned
Splatoon is one where I feel like I don't know what to expect. We saw plenty of that one multiplayer mode on that one stage at E3, but I'm really curious to see what other things they have to show off now.

There's just no way in hell there's not a reference to Super Mario Sunshine in that game. Be it Fludd as a weapon, or a Delfino Plaza stage, or something as small as the painted M logo appearing as an easter egg on a map. It's gonna reference that game, and it's gonna be glorious.

She addressed this recently on Twitter, actually. No, she's not an employee of Monolith Soft; she does freelance work. I'm inclined to believe she's working on X in some capacity.

Ah, thanks :) I knew she works on Xenogears so I thought she was still employed there. Just thought it was weird to call her 'director's wife' if she was working on the game directly/a Monolith employee.

iyRjbpq8YKmMJ.gif

mario_6.gif

onilink88

Ah, thanks :) I knew she works on Xenogears so I thought she was still employed there. Just thought it was weird to call her 'director's wife' if she was working on the game directly/a Monolith employee.

For reference, the last game she was involved in was Soma Bringer - I believe she was its writer. Between then and now, nothing that I know of. And while she's a freelancer, I don't think she's been involved with anything outside of Monolith's projects (which is why I believe she's working on X).

For reference, the last game she was involved was Soma Bringer - I believe she was its writer. Between then and now, nothing that I know of. And while she's a freelancer, I don't think she's been involved with anything outside of Monolith's projects (which is why I believe she's working on X).

Fair enough, thanks. I played an hour of Soma Bringer - need to get back into it. Seems really cool.

tariniel

I want a Ganondorf game. I really like the parts in Hyrule Warriors story where you played as him.

I want a Ganon mystery game like Wolf Among Us. That pesky Hero of Time stole your Triforce of Power and is leaving a trail of dungeon boss corpses in his wake. Track him down, and throw him down well in Kakariko town.

I want a Ganon dungeon keeper type of game where your goal is to sabotage Link using dungeon tricks and placing enemies, targeting his weakness depending what kind of gear he has etc. It could be multiplayer, with a person controlling Link, and you actively try to fuck him up.

I want a game where Link and Zelda are evil, stole the triforce of power and Ganons beloved boar, and he tries to get them back. Ocarina of Time style, where you can play as kid Ganon or some shit.

I want a Ganon space opera, where you and your crew of minions are the reapers. You get three ending choices presented by the Skull Kid; power, wisdom or courage.

I want a Ganon majoras mask, where GANON IS THE MOON.

GIB ME GANOON

Volotaire

I want a Ganondorf game. I really like the parts in Hyrule Warriors story where you played as him.

I want a Ganon mystery game like Wolf Among Us. That pesky Hero of Time stole your Triforce of Power and is leaving a trail of dungeon boss corpses in his wake. Track him down, and throw him down well in Kakariko town.

I want a Ganon dungeon keeper type of game where your goal is to sabotage Link using dungeon tricks and placing enemies, targeting his weakness depending what kind of gear he has etc. It could be multiplayer, with a person controlling Link, and you actively try to fuck him up.

I want a game where Link and Zelda are evil, stole the triforce of power and Ganons beloved boar, and he tries to get them back.

I want a Ganon space opera, where you and your crew of minions are the reapers. You get three ending choices presented by the Skull Kid; power, wisdom or courage.

GIB ME GANOON

CD-i_Ganon.gif

ChaosXVI

Hope you are right. I hope both 3DS/Wii U gets love. I no longer have a 3DS, so that would suck if its just a 3DS game.

I doubt they'd be showing off Metroid U at this point since I'd guess Retro is making it, but Metroid for 3DS is certainly possible, anybody could be making it, but I'd say Next Level is a strong contender and they are due for an unveiling soonish.

javac

Yeah, Nintendo is kinda weird with this sort of thing. Sometimes they release remasters and ports in the run up to a new release like when they released DKCR 3D right before DKCTF or Ocarina 3D on the 25th ani for Zelda before Skyward Sword, but then you get things like StarFox 64 3D out of nowhere with no coloration.

I think in this case it may be a game that they port in order to hold off while they work on an all new version of said game like how WW HD was them experimenting with Zelda U. We already have a Zelda port, and everyone wants MM 3D so that might be the next Zelda port, we got StarFox 3D and a new one is coming soon so that wouldn't make sense, and yeah can't see Kirby.

Only thing I can see is Mario (Sunshine if they go with porting GCN games, or Galaxy if they just port whatever) or Metroid Prime collection or something? Maybe it could be something totally random like Pikmin collection (all the Pikmin games are similar however) or it could be something put of left field like The Last Story, Padora's Tower or Fire Emblem. I guessing Mario however :p

I'd love to hear more of Splatoon, but I don't think it's the right timing yet. There's not really any reason to hype it up right now. I do wanna hear more about the back story and implied singleplayer mode.

_Clash_

So a surprise remaster hey? I like Kid Icarus for that. Been waiting for a non 3DS version.

Also, would love a Mon Hun 4G Wii u/ 3ds release announcement.

Mory Dunz

Yeah, Nintendo is kinda weird with this sort of thing. Sometimes they release remasters and ports in the run up to a new release like when they released DKCR 3D right before DKCTF or Ocarina 3D on the 25th ani for Zelda before Skyward Sword, but then you get things like StarFox 64 3D out of nowhere with no coloration.

I think in this case it may be a game that they port in order to hold off while they work on an all new version of said game like how WW HD was them experimenting with Zelda U. We already have a Zelda port, and everyone wants MM 3D so that might be the next Zelda port, we got StarFox 3D and a new one is coming soon so that wouldn't make sense, and yeah can't see Kirby.

Only thing I can see is Mario (Sunshine if they go with porting GCN games, or Galaxy if they just port whatever) or Metroid Prime collection or something? Maybe it could be something totally random like Pikmin collection (all the Pikmin games are similar however) or it could be something put of left field like The Last Story, Padora's Tower or Fire Emblem. I guessing Mario however :p

Yeah, hmm.
Guess Pikmin could be a possibilty.

I honestly would've guessed Xenoblade if X and Xeno3DS didn't exist, but Shulk was in Smash. If Zael was in smash I might even think it was Last Story...maybe. With Gyro aiming.

Mostly likely going to be Mario.
If somehow TTYD got remastered, I would definitely deouble dip.

Dr.brain64

Alright prediction time!!

Tomorrow we see:

Majora's mask new3ds exclusive
Mother collection 3ds
Metroid 3ds
Snes VC for new3ds
N64 VC for new3ds
Super mario RPG 2 (square enix collab) new3ds exclusive

FZERO wiiu
Smash dlc wiiu
Eternal darkness HD wiiu
N64 VC wiiu

All future wiiu games gamecube controller compatible (pro too)

Sorcerer

Does anyone else think we will see a price drop tomorrow?

I'd say no way in hell.

Mario Kart is the game when bundled with the system will sell systems.

Smash is the game that will make you want to buy the system independently just to play the game.

Don't think they have something this strong in the tank until Zelda.

hongcha

I will go out on a mini-limb and say no chance. They showed a profit last quarter and they always do well during the holidays.

Yes, they always do well. But what if this time they want to do really well? Particularly with the $350 Xbox One in the USA, they need to get more competitive with their pricing. $250 has been the sweet spot for them in the past. They should do $250 this holiday, then drop it to $200 next holiday.

I think they could afford to do this, at least in the USA, because the yen is so weak against the dollar right now.

javac

Yeah, hmm.
Guess Pikmin could be a possibilty.

I honestly would've guessed Xenoblade if X and Xeno3DS didn't exist, but Shulk was in Smash. If Zael was in smash I might even think it was Last Story...maybe. With Gyro aiming.

Mostly likely going to be Mario.
If somehow TTYD got remastered, I would definitely deouble dip.

Yeah Xenoblade would have been my guess until the 3D version threw a spanner in the works :p

I guess I just thought The Last Story since it came out at the tail end of the Wii life cycle and had frame rate issues if I remember. Cool game however. A game like KI:U is always a possibility. Imagine a Fire Emblem Awakening Wii U port :p

Not sure how 3DS up-ports would be, we've had Resident Evil and MH3 but not sure how much work would need to be done to be honest with ya. I would have guessed some Zelda games like Twilight Princess or SS but that would be too much Zelda in a short period of time imo.

I'm guessing Sunshine really, Galaxy or Metroid Prime could be easy candidates for cool HD ports too but yeah I have a feeling it might be something totally out of left field.

Here's a question. What's a better candidate for a HD remaster for Nintendo, either a game that didn't sell as much as it should have in order to max sales, or a game that sold loads that is very popular at this moment?

SalvaPot

Yeah Xenoblade would have been my guess until the 3D version threw a spanner in the works :p

I guess I just thought The Last Story since it came out at the tail end of the Wii life cycle and had frame rate issues if I remember. Cool game however. A game like KI:U is always a possibility. Imagine a Fire Emblem Awakening Wii U port :p

Not sure how 3DS up-ports would be, we've had Resident Evil and MH3 but not sure how much work would need to be done to be honest with ya. I would have guessed some Zelda games like Twilight Princess or SS but that would be too much Zelda in a short period of time imo.

I'm guessing Sunshine really, Galaxy or Metroid Prime could be easy candidates for cool HD ports too but yeah I have a feeling it might be something totally out of left field.

Here's a question. What's a better candidate for a HD remaster for Nintendo, either a game that didn't sell as much as if should have in order to max sales, or a game that sold loads that is very popular at this moment?

F-Zero GX Makes sense to me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So excited. I'm pretty happy with Nintendo right now so even if nothing new is shown, hopefully we'll see some Xenoblade and Splatoon!

javac

F-Zero GX Makes sense to me.

I was thinking F-Zero, but how would fans respond? A franchise that's been missing in action for years only to get a HD remaster. Would fans be grateful to get anything or feel that they rather have a new game? I guess you have to take what you can get these days, and hey it's a great game anyways!

Blues1990

So excited. I'm pretty happy with Nintendo right now so even if nothing new is shown, hopefully we'll see some Xenoblade and Splatoon!
I'm just hoping there will be some footage of the Captain Toad game, as well as an announcement for Captain Toad & Toadette Amiibo's.

bon

I was thinking F-Zero, but how would fans respond? A franchise that's been missing in action for years only to get a HD remaster. Would fans be grateful to get anything or feel that they rather have a new game? I guess you have to take what you can get these days, and hey it's a great game anyways!

GX in HD with online races would be godly. I don't think anyone would complain.

Sorcerer

I'm just hoping there will be some footage of the Captain Toad game, as well as an announcement for Captain Toad & Toadette Amiibo's.

I was playing Captain Toad at Best Buy at the Nintendo Kiosk yesterday. Seemed like a hell of a lot fun from the few minutes I had with it.

But I hear there are Captain Toad levels in 3d world so most people would know what to expect at this point I assume?

Could try and remake Mario 64.

They really need to announce some new 3DS games. There's like three for next year. The New 3DS not being announced for EU and US really screws up announcing games for the thing, though. Do they dance around additional features in the US and EU streams? Do they ignore any New 3DS exclusive games? Anyway, I expect most or all of the surprises to be 3DS related.

As for the Wii U, I imagine they'll talk about how amiibo works in Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart. Also, the Mario Kart DLC will be discussed and maybe even made available right after the direct. They'll probably talk about/give a release month for all of the games marked first half 2015 from their investor stuff (Mario Maker, Giant Robo, Yoshi, Splatoon), too. Maybe they'll talk about who's developing Star Fox.

Also, Retro's new game and a new Mario Galaxy. Believe.

javac

We should at least get 1 new 3DS game, right? There's barely anything announced for 2015 right now.

In a GameSpot video, they mention that they're demoing a 3DS game that's embargoed behind closed doors. Could be anything, might be something we've already seen! :p

I haven't met a GX fan that DIDN'T want an HD remaster (with online)

GX is one of my favorite games of all time and I WANT THAT

Top Bottom