• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Here's what I expect

Expected
Captain Toad
Duck hunt smash trailer
Pokemon ORAS
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
New 3DS
Xenoblade 3DS
Mario Maker
Some of miyamoto's projects from e3
Something unknown

Hopefully and has a good chance
Xenoblade X
STEAM

Maybe, but not sure
Zelda U

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
PokéKong;137362864 said:
I want to hear about plans of what Iwata spoke about a long time ago, about giving hardcore Nintendo enthusiasts who buy all their games discounts.

And on a related note, I hope they start talking about something that competes with services like PS+ and Gold. The VC games have nearly no value as they are, but imagine how much value it would add to their consoles if you could just pay a subscription fee and have access to the whole library, plus maybe a few small indie games every month.
Please, I can do without subscription fees, I want to actually own the games

Great news, nothing stops you buying the games as well. Suprisingly neither MS nor Sony stopped selling games digitally when the respective services launched. Hell, microsofts free downloads last forever last I heard regardlessof your subscription status

Realistically, I'm hoping for more 3DS game announcements for the coming year. Smash was their last bog release and I can't think of anything that's coming after

Hiltz

I don't want to see any more of Xenoblade X at all. I am already going to be buying the shit out of it regardless, and I want it all to be as much of a surprise as Xenoblade was to me when I bought it back at the english launch in 2011.

But uh...I'd still watch a trailer if it was in the direct tomorrow. I'm weak.

Yeah, that's understandable. I feel the same way when it comes to other upcoming titles such as Capt Toad, but that game is kind of like what you see is what you get, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of room left for surprising things about it beyond maybe potential local co-op and a first look at the confirmed Amiibo support). It's just that with Xenoblade X, we still don't know much about it in terms of core gameplay mechanics beyond a brief look player weapon secondary functions, enemy limb deprecation system and mech combat.

javac

Well on that GameSpot Video they were talking about how they were playing a 3DS game that's under embargo...wonder what it is?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Great news, nothing stops you buying the games as well Suprisingly neither MS orSony stopped selling games digitally when the respective services launched. Hell, microsofts freedownloads are foreve last I heard regardlessof your subscription status

This is an awful idea unless you really want to start paying for online, because that's exactly what they'll do. Think it'll just stay as subscription for games is just plain naivee.

Realistically, I'm hoping for more 3DS game announcements for the coming year. Smash was their last bog release and I can't think of anything that's coming after

Other than Pokemon OR/AS, we have Project S.T.E.A.M. that was announced at E3 2014. There's also the possibility of Monster Hunter 4 coming to the West.

I'd be really disappointed if there was an HD remake of something like Galaxy. I can already play that on my WiiU! I'd prefer a Gamecube remake for WiiU, and N64 for 3DS. Any earlier is already on VC, and any later I can just play already.

Sunshine, Fire Emblem Ike Collection, Pikmin 1 and 2, Luigi's Mansion, f-Zero, Paper Mario, Prime Trilogy, etc. Either that or something like Uprising HD.

openrob

Wii U UK Facebook page put this up shortly aafter their post detailing the Direct. Most likely mean nothing.

wiiugamessvoqu.png

Mory Dunz

If that 2015 remaster existed...would it be announced now?

Also, wonder if Yoshi's Wooly World gets a 3DWorld esque 2nd trailer.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You can still buy every game on a service like PS+. Nothing prevents you from doing so. Regardless of whether you would take advantage, it makes sense to try to compete with the other services.

Except online is now behind it also. Noone should be recommending such a model without making apparent the obvious pitfalls. It was obvious when Sony first introduced and it'll be obvious if Nintendo does the same.

GulAtiCa

Is Need for Speed: Most Wanted U really counted as an exclusive? It's on Vita/old gen consoles (and PC?). It's certainly the best version, but not exclusive. That was a fun game.

TheMoon

Probably won't happen, but I'd like a release date for the US 3ds LL

August 19, 2012

Is Need for Speed: Most Wanted U really counted as an exclusive? It's on Vita/old gen consoles (and PC?). It's certainly the best version, but not exclusive. That was a fun game.

It's basically a what elsewhere would be called a "remaster" so yes, it's an exclusive game with unique modes and added features.

Wii U UK Facebook page put this up shortly aafter their post detailing the Direct. Most likely mean nothing.

Biiiiit of a stretch to call Need For Speed Most Wanted U an 'exclusive'. It's great and the experience has been so finely tailored for that Gamepad that the game feels fresh and interesting, but exclusive it's really not.

Jamix012

Great news, nothing stops you buying the games as well. Suprisingly neither MS nor Sony stopped selling games digitally when the respective services launched. Hell, microsofts free downloads last forever last I heard regardlessof your subscription status

You can't buy games you have Via PS+ (=

Hiltz

I think this is the big january direct.. holiday replaced january. ;)

Hopefully, this means we'll actually see new games releases starting next February. It's understandable if Nintendo skips January due to the holiday season flood, but they need to step on the sales momentum gas pedal afterwards and keep it going. Nintendo knows that third parties aren't supporting them in any major way anymore, so it's all on them to do the heavy lifting and stop making excuses for software droughts.

This is an awful idea unless you really want to start paying for online, because that's exactly what they'll do. Think it'll just stay as subscription for games is just plain naivee.

'They shouldn't do X because completely unrelated thing Y will happen!'

Yeah, no. Gonna have to find a better argument than that.

Except online is now behind it also. Noone should be recommending such a model without making apparent the obvious pitfalls. It was obvious when Sony first introduced and it'll be obvious if Nintendo does the same.
Why is it obvious? Why would Nintendo necessarily have to conform to the Sony/MS model? Why not boldly challenge the model by doing something different? i.e., make it a game subscription service instead of an online subscription service?

GulAtiCa

I'd love a N+ kind of service for discounted games and free games per month. I know I would love to participate in it as a dev.

Though, issue with PS+ I find is that I am less likely to buy games now on my PS systems and just wait if they become free later on for games I don't need day 1.

TheMoon

I'd love a N+ kind of service for discounted games and free games per month. I know I would love to participate in it as a dev.

Though, issue with PS+ I find is that I am less likely to buy games now on my PS systems and just wait if they become free later on for games I don't need day 1.

If such a thing existed, I would stop buying games entirely, waiting for everything to be a freebie, only buying stuff during 50%> off sales.

lyrick

PokéKong;137362864 said:
And on a related note, I hope they start talking about something that competes with services like PS+ and Gold. The VC games have nearly no value as they are, but imagine how much value it would add to their consoles if you could just pay a subscription fee and have access to the whole library, plus maybe a few small indie games every month.

Nope. I don't want to pay for a sub for the rest of my life, let me just drop the $5+ now and be done with it.

Volotaire

Realistic expectations:

- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Pokemon ORAS
- A small overview of Smash
- DLC info for MK8 and release date (which should coincide with the Amiibo update)
- More Amiiboo information
- Further Nintendo account information on unification policies, etc.
- small 3rd party sizzle reel or just mention with Watch Dogs Wii U/Devil's Third?
- Indie sizzle reel
- Monster Hunter?

Games on Wii U that are listed as the 1st half of 2015 by Nintendo (not all are Spring therefore may not be shown)

- Splatoon
- Mario Maker
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- Project Giant Robot
-STEAM?

As a wildcard

- X
- SMT FE
- A surprise remaster for Wii U

EDIT: unsure about Mario party's release date (probably already been confirmed)

javac

Yeah, it came out in Sept or Oct right?
I guess if this one were to come out later again, it could be announced in January.

Yeah I could see a similar thing where they just show a few early screens of the build. I wonder what it could be (if it exists!)

Drago

Man I'm so excited that we're getting a new Yoshi Woolly World trailer tomorrow [most likely].

It's honestly my most wanted WiiU game. Everything about it looks totally sublime (I think it has one of the most well-realized art styles I've ever seen in a game) and I've loved Good Feel's previous efforts, so I have a lot of confidence in it turning out great. :D

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
My prediction.

Wii U
- November / December
- Splatoon trailer
- Mario Maker trailer

3DS
- November / December
- Steam Trailer
- Fossil Fighters Infinite (USA/Europe) Trailer
- Band Bros. P (USA/Europe) Announcement?

N3DS
- Xenoblade 3D
- New Game (Majora's Mask 3D?)

I will be surprised if they detail new Smash Bros info. I highly doubt they will. Probably just mention how many features it has (a lot) and it's impending release.

JB2448

Man I'm so excited that we're getting a new Yoshi Woolly World trailer tomorrow [most likely].

It's honestly my most wanted WiiU game. Everything about it looks totally sublime (I think it has one of the most well-realized art styles I've ever seen in a game) and I've loved Good Feel's previous efforts, so I have a lot of confidence in it turning out great. :D

If you (and others) haven't seen the trailer from E3 at 60fps, you can now.
I hope we get more footage of the game tomorrow (in less than 24 hours!).

K-A-Deman

Just an opinion, I think the artstyle of Splatoon is horrendous. No personality at all and looks nothing like Nintendo's.

Wat.

Stupid as it sounds, I want a game with Non-Specific Action Figure.

If there's one thing I don't like from the (admittedly little) XCX footage and trailers we've seen, it's the look of that city. So intensely boring and sterile. It's quite literally a construction site.

I get that it's part of the story and the relatively grounded scifi style, but damn, that does not look like a place I'd like to return to over and over again.

Did you expect it to be complete and intact soon after colliding with an alien planet?

I fully expect a colony 6 style city construction side quest for Neo LA

Can't wait to discover the XCX version of Rainbow Slugs.

Seriously, fuck those things.

The amount of Majora's Mask hope in this topic leaves me assured that we will not receive anything on the matter!

;)

Here's hoping that's the case.

I just don't want to pay a monthly fee for whatever damn reason.

Volotaire

My prediction.

Wii U
- November / December
- Splatoon trailer
- Mario Maker trailer

3DS
- November / December
- Steam Trailer
- Fossil Fighters Infinite (USA/Europe) Trailer
- Band Bros. P (USA/Europe) Announcement?

N3DS
- Xenoblade 3D
- New Game (Majora's Mask 3D?)

I'm so unsure if they will announce this. It would be perfect timing to announce between the Wii U Zelda's.

jholmes

Man, all I really want are some release dates, some news about Virtual Console and at least one legitimate surprise. I'm not being greedy Nintendo, so don't let me down!

Hatchtag

Banned
Going to be completely honest, Excite Truck 2 would get me completely fucking excited. But speaking of racers, what ever happened to that Diddy Kong Racing rumor?

Drago

Band Bros P localization would be an awesome surprise. I've played quite a bit of the "Debut" demo on my Japanese 3DS and it's a lot of fun, although my lack of Japanese reading ability kinda hinders my enjoyment a little bit, in some regards. I'd be all over an English version.

Cse

Banned
With Microsoft lowering the price of the Xbox One to $350 (which will likely be permanent), I wonder if we could see a price cut to $250 for the Wii U.

Top Bottom