• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ok, don't shout at me guys but I may be wrong about the 37 mins, I pressed play on the official uk nintendo direct video and the timer said 37mins but now I've just tried it again and it doesn't say anything. It might still be right.

BUT YOU SAID 37 MINS!!!!!!

I have a message for you mf luder: if we crash, you crash with us!

*cue hunger games*

Earthbound

I love the hell out of Earthbound but realistically I probably wouldn't touch it for a while. It's on the agenda though for sure... along with pretty much every VC game lol.

So, why all the hype? Are we expecting something big?

There have been some legit megatons in Directs before, and this is the first multi-focused one in a while. Doesn't mean anything, but I'm just saying that one day I hopped on my computer and watched a new Direct and got hit with the news that there was a sequel to A Link to the Past in development.

Can't wait to see Iwata, missed him. It's really cool that like right after the news came out that he's fully recovered we finally get a new Direct.

Anyways. 1 Hour!!!

tumblr_inline_n5ysbd_SNVK1rpvhvf.gif

I just put $25 into my eshop balance and have no idea what to buy with it. I would go for some virtual console games but I have some of the few that I immediately wanted to own (Aria of Sorrow for example)... any suggestions? Also would like to just buy stuff that is exclusive to Wii U. Nobody will care about this post because of the hype, I'm just trying to pass time, but who knows I may get a bite or two.

Pushmo World.

Ashodin

I can feel it guys. It's Majora's Mask time.

All the other bombs will be saved for the January 2015 direct when we find out Retro is working on Metroid U, Next Level is working on Punch Out U, Nintendo has funded NMH3, and Platinum is working on Star Fox.

If it featured pokemon, was HD, and was on Wii U, yes.

Well it'll feature monsters, will be HD, and on Wii U! 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

I just put $25 into my eshop balance and have no idea what to buy with it. I would go for some virtual console games but I have some of the few that I immediately wanted to own (Aria of Sorrow for example)... any suggestions? Also would like to just buy stuff that is exclusive to Wii U. Nobody will care about this post because of the hype, I'm just trying to pass time, but who knows I may get a bite or two.

NES Remixes, Stealth Inc 2, Pushmo World and/or Shovel Knight (despite its non-exclusivity). Or wait till the Direct will be over - I bet they will announce some surprise eShop title.

Frolow

Banned
NES Remixes, Stealth Inc 2, Pushmo World and/or Shovel Knight (despite its non-exclusivity). Or wait till the Direct will be over - I bet they will announce some surprise eShop title.

The NES remix games are getting a retail release later this year, so you might wanna wait on that.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, Mr. Iwata, reveal the Wii U Expansion Pak!

On a serious note, I wonder if we will see any new Wii U SKU. One without the GamePad is most likely out of the question, but perhaps a lite version with no Wii support, smaller storage and other features removed could be something?

Pushmo World.

All fine suggestions. I had Pushmo World, NES Remixes and Shovel Knight on my previous Wii U (had to sell it, money problems, but got a job so bam fuck that) so I'm kind of still burned out on those. I may definitely wait until after the Direct because who knows.

For some reason, Mega Man VII keeps jumping out to me. Never played it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So, why all the hype? Are we expecting something big?

Because people love to hype and Nintendo directs are unpredictable as shit. Considering the last major direct brought the new 3DS with no warning beforehand, people can let their minds go crazy and then crash.

Either way it's a fun train for all involved, the fact it's only a days notice prevents peoples minds for going too crazy.

New internally developed traditional 2D Metroid and Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot developed by Platinum for Wii U, Star Tropics reboot and Mother 4 for 3DS, F-Zero and Wave Race cross platform. Last minute decision to make New 3DS region free in the west, releases this holiday.

I'm calling it now! What could go wrong?

Honestly my biggest impossible wish is to see Skyward Sword HD. Sure, Wind Waker HD happened, but I don't see this happening for whatever reason. It's such a fantastic candidate though because I felt the SD'ness of it really held back the glorious art direction. Skyward Sword is a game that always should have been HD. In fact I think it would have been incredible if it were a Wii U launch title.

Top Bottom