• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

R0ckman

Nintendo announces they own mega man. I can dream right?

I'm actually anticipating this will eventually happen (even if it most likely not happening), I find it odd that he's the only third party character to appear in multiple Smash ads/trailers and the eshop basically has him promoted with the other Nintendo second and 1st party characters.

A smash bros Wii U demo would be enough for me to be happy. I'm dying to play that game.

Well, there was a 3DS demo... it's very possible. God that would make my fucking day. Didn't play the 3DS version in favor of holding off for this one. What a delight that would be.

Man if this isn't evidence of the Metroidvanias being copy/paste affair, I don't know what is.

I love Metroidvania

I wasn't reading. I just scrolled down in recent releases and thought that I had chosen the most recent Castlevania release.

Oh well. HoD isn't terrible or anything and playing it first will probably make me appreciate how much better Aria is.

Tehalemi

mqovYMV.gif

Honestly my biggest impossible wish is to see Skyward Sword HD. Sure, Wind Waker HD happened, but I don't see this happening for whatever reason. It's such a fantastic candidate though because I felt the SD'ness of it really held back the glorious art direction. Skyward Sword is a game that always should have been HD. In fact I think it would have been incredible if it were a Wii U launch title.

Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword HD will definitely happen. Wind Waker HD took 6 months to develop. Development that quick and cheap is basically free money, especially with the holes Nintendo has to fill from the lack of third party.

The only iffy thing about Skyward Sword HD is how they would handle the motion controls since they'd obviously have to integrate the Gamepad as the main control mode (unless they made every SS HD copy come with Wiimote+ and Nunchuk). Touch screen/analog stick controls sounds pretty bad for sword controls, but I don't see how they could do it any other way.

I'll be doing a Theatre quiz during the Direct, so I'll miss the hype unless there's a spoiler-free thread. Have fun, folks.

I'm working during the Direct, I was just trying to join in on the fun :(

I'm only on my lunch break right now, go back in 15 minutes

Nintendo announces purchase of Megaman today. You heard it here first!

Joking aside, hope to hear about some 3DS games that might be coming out since I'll probably get the new 3DS when it's released. I've been out of the loop so I don't really know what's coming

My wishlist:

New3DS release date for NA
Xenoblade X release date
More themes
More gamecube/wii ports for New3DS
Majora's Mask

Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword HD will definitely happen. Wind Waker HD took 6 months to develop. Development that quick and cheap is basically free money, especially with the holes Nintendo has to fill from the lack of third party.

The only iffy thing about Skyward Sword HD is how they would handle the motion controls since they'd obviously have to integrate the Gamepad as the main control mode (unless they made every SS HD copy come with Wiimote+ and Nunchuk). Touch screen/analog stick controls sounds pretty bad for sword controls, but I don't see how they could do it any other way.

I hope you're right. In regards to Skyward's controls, they could just simply make you use the Wii controller. I know that might cause some controversy, but I think anything would be better than nothing. Those controls worked well for me for the most part so I definitely wouldn't mind.

They're finally unlocking the secret of the WiiU, an HD upscaler for Wii games, and select Wii games will be available on the eShop for download. All games will be playable with the Wiimote, nunchuck, and have been modified to be playable with the GamePad or Pro controller. Off TV support.

First release will be Xenoblade, releasing...today.

Next release will be Super Mario Galaxy, releasing in...2018.

Oregano

My predictions/hopes

3DS:
Majora's Mask 3D
FF Explorers, Dragon Quest VII and Bravely Second localisations announced
Indie sizzle reel(with Ironfall maybe getting some love)
New NST project
Youkai Watch
Codename Steam trailer

Wii U:
New third party collab
Devil's Third trailer
Xenoblade X trailer
Indie sizzle reel(FAST Racing Neo shown)
Yoshi Woolly World info
Dragon Quest X(this one is never happening)

I'm confident in most of those. The DQ ones are the least likely.

Honestly my biggest impossible wish is to see Skyward Sword HD. Sure, Wind Waker HD happened, but I don't see this happening for whatever reason. It's such a fantastic candidate though because I felt the SD'ness of it really held back the glorious art direction. Skyward Sword is a game that always should have been HD. In fact I think it would have been incredible if it were a Wii U launch title.
The things I would do for this to be true...I really loved this game

I'm at work too. Think I'll just follow this thread for the announcements as they come and then watch the video when I get home.

That's what I usually do. Someone inevitably makes a thread for every announcement anyway, with the OP saying "Just announced in the Direct"

Am I too early, or don't they usually have this up for stream on YouTube by now? I hate using Nintendo's site for watching Directs because that shit crashes so hard.

Top Bottom