• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

RedShift

Pretty sure I'll be disappointed but any one of Majora's Mask, Metroid 3DS, Advance Wars 3DS, Fire Emblem Awakening 2, GBA VC on (n)3DS, or some other cool 3DS game will make me very happy.

Don't own a Wii U, but Zelda U stuff would be cool too, I'll probably end up getting one for that.

Seik

Banned
Meh, I won't see it live, I'll be on my way home.

Can't wait to come back to GAF and contemplate a first page full of Nintendo announcement threads.

:D

AGoodODST

I just seen a firework go off with the same colours as Captian Falcon. This can only mean one thing.

Captain Falcon's Twister Race 2.

oti

Banned
"Experiencing Nintendo Direct Hype" should be a bullet point on the Wii U's and 3DS's packaging. It makes owning Nintendo hardware even more special than it is.

The things I would do for this to be true...I really loved this game

My man. Skyward Sword is one of my favorite Zelda games, if not my favorite. I'll admit it has a couple of elements that I would definitely file under the cons category, but they were mostly just a variety of little things that added up. Still, I suppose I'm more patient than most, apparently. I didn't like how often the game would stop to explain to you what you just picked up, Fi was definitely a blabbermouth... just things like that. I don't consider those to be earth-shattering flaws, just minor annoyances.

However, the graphics, art, gameplay, dungeons, bosses, combat, story, and characters were all top damn notch to me and those are the meat and potatoes of the series to me, niggling flaws be damned.

Alebrije

40 minutes. Time to get on the hype train.

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

The rumor of Monster Games working on a new DKR make perfect sense, hope they're actually true.

I would love a new Diddy Kong Racing but would prefer a genre that Wii U is lacking in to be honest. Mario Kart 8 and the DLC plus Sonic All Star Racing on the Wii U is enough Kart racing for quite a while.

I do hope when they make the next Mario Kart one day they do a Story/Adventure mode like Diddy Kong racing had though

If they announce N64 games for the VC I will legitimately go fucking apeshit. I have such a hankering to play stuff like Ocarina of Time or Mario 64 on this gamepad.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I think tomorrow is the day they tell us that Captain Toad has been a joke from the beginning and that they're finally going to give us what we really wanted, super princess peach 2

SRTtoZ

Ok so I just got home from the gym and I'm pumped.

Get it, pumped?

Ok seriously, is the best way to watch this on my WiiU? Will it be a good HD stream and all? I'm new to all of this.

Hmm.... optimised 50Hz EU version incoming! :3

Can someone explain Hz to me? It's one of those technical things I always see folks talking about (and even downright bitching about) but I have no idea what it is. Does it have something to do with refresh rates or frame rates or the like?

My man. Skyward Sword is one of my favorite Zelda games, if not my favorite. I'll admit it has a couple of elements that I would definitely file under the cons category, but they were mostly just a variety of little things that added up. Still, I suppose I'm more patient than most, apparently. I didn't like how often the game would stop to explain to you what you just picked up, Fi was definitely a blabbermouth... just things like that.

However, the graphics, art, gameplay, dungeons, bosses, combat, story, and characters were all top damn notch to me and those are the meat and potatoes of the series to me, niggling flaws be damned.

Yep. Good God Skyward Sword was amazing and probably my second favorite Zelda game ever (after Wind Waker). While I would have preferred a vaster and more explorable overworld, I absolutely loved the toned down exploration that actually lead to useful items, unlike Twilight Princess's "You got 10 rupees for doing all that work, congrats!!!"

The combat and dungeons are by far the best in the series. It is the only game in the series where I can remember every single room in every single dungeon, and I've only ever played the game once. I can't even remember Wind Waker's dungeons most of the time, and there's only about 2 of those (exaggeration!). Well, to be fair, I remember all of Ocarina of Time's dungeons, but that's only because I've beaten in 10000 times, hahahaha.

And dat Skyloft. It amazed me when I heard Skyloft music two months after I beat SS, and it felt so nostalgic. Which makes no sense since I had only played it two months prior, hahaha.

Only issues I had with it were the obvious padding in some parts. Other than that, and wanting a vaster world, it is a fucking amazing game.

Kirye

God damn you guys.

Every Direct i'm usually like "Oh alright cool, hopefully Nintendo shows something new!". Reasonably excited with just the right amount of hype, not expecting a whole lot but will be happy if they show something.

Until I come into one of these threads...

Then your infectious overhyping and hopping aboard trains gets to me! I fight it the whole way through, no way it's gonna be anything incredible! GAF just likes to get me going! But somehow you STILL push me and push me with your damn gifs.

Fuck it, i'm on this train now! CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS IT'S ON NOW!

SRTtoZ

I was leaving the gym and looked at the clock in my car and saw it was 4:58 EST, I was like OH SHIT! Then I checked my phone and noticed it was 3:58, I forgot to set the clock back in my car. Whew...

JoeInky

I would love an official reveal trailer for the new Starfox, but I think that's too much too ask for.

I just want the screen to go black and then have something similar to this happen.

2014 NINTENDO PRESENTS

STARFOX

IN

NINTENDO WII U

ROB: Message from General Pepper, priority one!

But then have it continue on with a completely new story, I'm so fucking hyped for the new Starfox.

Kouriozan

Then your infectious overhyping and hopping aboard trains gets to me! I fight it the whole way through, no way it's gonna be anything incredible! GAF just likes to get me going! But somehow you STILL push me and push me with your damn gifs.

Fuck it, i'm on this train now! CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS IT'S ON NOW!

It's the best part of any Nintendo Direct.

Frodo

Another big part of the Direct will be that Nintendo bought Rare back and hired all of the original staff from the 90s. They're all currently working on DKR2 and Jet Force Gemini U.

Hope they retain the terrible, absolutely atrocious, 90's character designs. Just for the laughs.

Top Bottom