• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I really didn't mean to start whining about sales on twitter, and momentarily forgot that such stuff is somehow newsworthy. It's not really that bad. Don't listen to anything I say on monday nights, that's my drinking day.

Haha, good to know. Thanks!

Robin64

Is this a Sim City 2000 clone? I'm interested just because I want a portable Sim City game.

From what I gather, Sim City 2000 actually took its inspiration from the original A-Train series.

There's an OT going up soon, but also some people were discussing it in here.

From what I gather, Sim City 2000 actually took its inspiration from the original A-Train series.

There's an OT going up soon, but also some people were discussing it in here.

I didn't know that Maxis essentially piggyback'd off this IP =/

Makes me look at Will Wright a little less.

joedick

On the one hand, being able to earn more plaza tickets is tempting because I want to earn all the game & system related ones (thank goodness I still have 5 left over). But I'm not forking over $5 for something I won't use & a simple birthday feature.

You have tickets left over? Did you not get everything or are there more tickets than hats?

Refyref

I didn't know that Maxis essentially piggyback'd off this IP =/

Makes me look at Will Wright a little less.

SimCity 2000's look was indeed inspired by A-Train, but it's not like SimCity is a clone of A-Train. A-Train's city building elements were only introduced in A-Train 3, which was released a year after the original SimCity.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just stopped buying hats because there was no more that interested me. I mainly wanted the game-related ones & the handheld/system hats.

Refyref

I just stopped buying hats because there was no more that interested me. I mainly wanted the game-related ones & the handheld/system hats.

There is no way I will 100% all the tickets on most of the games, so I'm saving mine until I see a hat I want.

That said, I got 2 today, so I rewarded myself with one. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I haven't even bothered with Mii Force anymore & Warrior's Way takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to gain a good amount of soldiers (at the 2nd to last country, about 950k).

Just checked, I actually have 6 left over, so can't wait to use them on the new hats. I know two will be used on the Splatoon & Wii U system hat. Hoping a Yarn Yoshi one makes it in....or the Wonderful 101 helmets.

.......I better stop before my mind goes crazy over the potential stuff.

wilflare

Yeah, I haven't even bothered with Mii Force anymore & Warrior's Way takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to gain a good amount of soldiers (at the 2nd to last country, about 950k).

Just checked, I actually have 6 left over, so can't wait to use them on the new hats. I know two will be used on the Splatoon & Wii U system hat. Hoping a Yarn Yoshi one makes it in....or the Wonderful 101 helmets.

.......I better stop before my mind goes crazy over the potential stuff.

Mii Force takes way too long
I sure hope Nintendo implements a lucky option/roulette where we spin a wheel to see what kind of results we get for these games

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, guess I can post the news here.

Sega confirmed more 3D Classics: Streets of Rage 2 (coming July), Gunstar Heroes (August), and Sonic 2 (September).

I cannot WAIT to get Gunstar Heroes on the go in 3D. Sonic 2 is nice to see finally happen, but still waiting for 3&K to get the 3D treatment.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, after beating the final stage, I had no desire to go back & get the diamonds and do the scores. Let alone do Arcade Mode....

Next week's Japanese downloads
Wii U
Mystery of Atlantis (Famicom)(Sunsoft) - 514 yen

3DS
4/22
Quell Memento (Flyhigh Works) - 300 yen
Kersploosh 2 (Poisoft) - 500 yen
Pony Pet 3D (Tae Japan) - 500 yen
SIMPLE DL Series Vol.38 - THE Hidden Jikenbo ~ of ~ schoolgirl detective truth (D3 Publisher) - 600 yen
Escape Adventure Sequel (Arc System Works) - 820 yen
Taruten Test 2015 edition
(Media Five) - 2800 yen

4/23
Apprentice Witch and Fluffy Witch (Nippon Colombia) - 5,184 yen
Bravely Second(Square Enix) - 6458 yen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WAIT, WHAT.

There's a sequel to Kersploosh?!

The first one was rather decent if you saw it as a time attack game, and for the cheap price (like, $3?), it was an alright time waster. Looks like this one might have a bit more depth (hur hur like the well) to it.

Robin64

3D Gunstar Heroes has multiplayer! If this shot released is anything to go by, anyway.

zXBLcrt.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega May 2015: Vote for one of 4 different Mega Man GBA titles for the Wii U VC, with the winner being released first on May 7th & the rest being over the course of the month. You have until April 29th. The games are:

Mega Man & Bass

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue/White

Mega Man Zero 2

Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun / Blue Moon

Hmm, I was so sure Nintendo would put the other Streetpass games on sale again, I missed the first one ages ago.

sadface

...but not really because this is such a rediculous week.

rjc571

Banned
Mega May 2015: Vote for one of 4 different Mega Man GBA titles for the Wii U VC, with the winner being released first on May 7th & the rest being over the course of the month. You have until April 29th. The games are:

Mega Man & Bass

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue/White

Mega Man Zero 2

Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun / Blue Moon

Yuck at the GBA version of MM&B. I understand why they're not giving us the Super Famicom version since it's not in English, but the GBA version's screen cropping absolutely ruins it. I'd much rather play the Super Famicom version in Japanese than play the butchered GBA port.

jholmes

Yuck at the GBA version of MM&B. I understand why they're not giving us the Super Famicom version since it's not in English, but the GBA version's screen cropping absolutely ruins it. I'd much rather play the Super Famicom version in Japanese than play the butchered GBA port.

It sucks because if Mega Man 9 and 10 got proper ports to the Wii U, I might beat every game in the main series on the console except 8/MM&B, but yeah I have the GBA port and it's ridiculous, all the blind jumps in it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I can't help but wonder if Capcom will release their DS games, like Mega Man ZX/Advent, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Ghost Trick (I will so rebuy this, what a great game), Okamiden, etc. Not sure if they'd do the Ace Attorney games, but maybe they could add AA Investigations.

.....also I wonder how long until Super Princess Peach gets added.

Oddduck

Now I can't help but wonder if Capcom will release their DS games, like Mega Man ZX/Advent, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Ghost Trick (I will so rebuy this, what a great game), Okamiden, etc. Not sure if they'd do the Ace Attorney games, but maybe they could add AA Investigations.

Oh man, I would love to buy Ghost Trick on the Virtual Console.

Man, actually really excited for StreetPass Fishing today! Hope it's going to be quite relaxing and slow.
Have you played Fishing Resort on Wii? It's by the same developer, Prope, and it's one of the best fishing games ever, if not the absolute best. I haven't seen more of StreetPass Fishing than what was initially shown, but it looked like a simplified version of Fishing Resort. It should be a lot of fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ultimate Angler will probably be like the Flower Town one (in fast, replace seeds with bait & flowers with fish, but add some gameplay in obtaining said fish), where it doesn't seem interesting at first, but you just want to see all the different flowers/fish that you can get, so you keep playing & learning there's actually some depth to this.

I'm gonna wait on 3D Fantasy Zone II until I get paid this weekend. Just a bummer the new StreetPass games are coming out a few weeks before the college semester is over....

So will the new hats appears via update, or do you HAVE to download the new games?

Edit: Speaking of StreetPass, "International StreetPass Week" starts today until the 26th. Go to any Nintendo Zone hotspot & you'll be able to get anyone from Europe & Oceania now.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Man DK64 looks so dark in those screenshots on the website.

Why do they seemingly all have that darkening filter over top?

BooJoh

Recently I found myself wondering if Gyromite would ever have a chance of seeing a VC release of some sort. I have a copy of the game I played as a kid, and while I never had R.O.B. (I'm not even sure what he did with the game) the main game mode was entirely playable with two players and mode B was entirely playable solo.

Even failing a VC release, it would be cool to see Mode B (sleepwalking solo mode) revisited similar to how they did Balloon Trip Breeze in Nintendo Land.

Refyref

Flower Town was originally the StreetPass game I liked least, due to how slow it started and how much text there was each time. But after a long while, it became my favorite of the previous pack, due to actually having just deep enough mechanics, unlike Warrior's Way, but not taking way too long to get going, or too hard, like Mii Force.

zigg

Flower Town was originally the StreetPass game I liked least, due to how slow it started and how much text there was each time. But after a long while, it became my favorite of the previous pack, due to actually having just deep enough mechanics, unlike Warrior's Way, but not taking way too long to get going, or too hard, like Mii Force.
I'd probably like continuing to play Flower Town more if Mr. Mendel wasn't so blasted chatty. But I need those last dozen or so breeds to grow them all 😒

Top Bottom