• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Xenoboy

Just make sure to know it's not SotN-Castlevania. It's not Metroidvania-Castlevania. It's a Castlevania-Castlevania. Meaning you're a guy with a whip bashing monsters. That's it. Don't want anyone coming back here complaining this isn't SotN.^^

I like em' both, so it's a win-win for me.
I was going to buy the game when it first released, but didn't have much money on me then.

TheMoon

Is Pandora's tower only known to be coming to Europe this week or will it be coming to North America too?

Europe only because Nintendo of Europe published it. It's a third party release in North America and there are no third party Wii games announced. Well and it's out in Japan already, also because Ninty published it. Thanks to NOA handing this and The Last Story off to XSEED, you got a murky situation there with the digital release.

maxcriden

Now that I'm stuck in EQ waiting on a patch fix, I'm trying to decide what we should play for ideally just 3 nights until DK 64 is out on Thursday. Hmm.

Looking for a short-ish game. Open to recs.

How long is the original DKC? Is it nearly as good as 2/3? I'm concerned about making jumps w/o Dixie's hair....

Also kinda thinking about SM64 on VC (even though it's not as short).

Dee Dee

Would you kindly look at the previous page.

No Wii U sales though?

Passing on Pandora's Tower, since I own the original Wii version.

Also: Does the Mii Plaza VIP status increase the number of StreetPasses you can have beyond the maximum of 10? Or the number of games that you can activate StreetPass for? If not: What the hell is it even good for??

TheMoon

Now that I'm stuck in EQ waiting on a patch fix, I'm trying to decide what we should play for ideally just 3 nights until DK 64 is out on Thursday. Hmm.

Looking for a short-ish game. Open to recs.

How long is the original DKC? Is it nearly as good as 2/3? I'm concerned about making jumps w/o Dixie's hair....

Also kinda thinking about SM64 on VC (even though it's not as short).

I love DKC1. You can find a ton of people telling you it's trash but I love it all the same because it's the same great, flow-based platforming, incredible music and cool locations. My 101% completion time for the VC version was about 4 hours of in-game time.

Ladekabel

Finally bought the Mario Kart 8 Season Pass and Box Boy. Started the latter and somehow almost 2 hours passed.

Now, where do I put my the 8€ I have left.

maxcriden

I love DKC1. You can find a ton of people telling you it's trash but I love it all the same because it's the same great, flow-based platforming, incredible music and cool locations. My 101% completion time for the VC version was about 4 hours of in-game time.

Thanks Moon! Are the graphics about the same as in the sequels or significantly worse? I ask bc I feel like from what I remember of the bit of the game we played on Wii VC it looked a lot worse than our recent Wii U VC playthroughs of the sequels, though I know Wii U has a better SNES emulator to begin with.

tim1138

Eh, why is this? It seems like it'd be a rather pointless move to just release three random games and nothing more.

Compare the VC releases in NA to the other regions, NoA seems content to drip out the bare minimum of what's required.
When Wii games were announced, I believe JPN and EU both had four or five games listed as upcoming, NA only had the initial three with no mention of any future releases.

TheMoon

Thanks Moon! Are the graphics about the same as in the sequels or significantly worse? I ask bc I feel like from what I remember of the bit of the game we played on Wii VC it looked a lot worse than our recent Wii U VC playthroughs of the sequels, though I know Wii U has a better SNES emulator to begin with.

It's all the same tech. Though obviously they were still feeling things out with the art and the environments are a bit simpler.

BooJoh

Two of the tracks will maybe be
Neo Bowser City
and
Baby Park

Level text for them was added with the last DLC, but they obviously don't appear.

I really hope that second one isn't true. Worst Mario Kart track of all time.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is Pandora's tower only known to be coming to Europe this week or will it be coming to North America too?

You're not missing anything, game play wise it wasn't anything special. Story and setting was weird, but you still have to play the otherwise boring combat.

Now, Sin&Punishment 2, when are we getting that to eShop? Great Wii game right there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Or that I don't want to spend 20 bucks on a game I'm iffy on that I won't end up getting to months if not years after it goes on sale.

Nbz

Does anyone know if the Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies DLC has ever gone on sale before? Just wondering whether I should bother holding off for a potential price drop at some point

beril

Runbow is getting a bunch of guest characters from other indie games =)
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/250984-runbow-getting-a-ton-of-guest-characters

Gunman Clive 2's sales apparently weren't as great as GC1's.

Also that Mario Kart rumor was proven fake (the originator said so him/herself).

I really didn't mean to start whining about sales on twitter, and momentarily forgot that such stuff is somehow newsworthy. It's not really that bad. Don't listen to anything I say on monday nights, that's my drinking day.

Only a few more days until Donkey Kong 64 is here.

uvobudR.gif

jmizzal

You're not missing anything, game play wise it wasn't anything special. Story and setting was weird, but you still have to play the otherwise boring combat.

Now, Sin&Punishment 2, when are we getting that to eShop? Great Wii game right there.

I had the game but only played about 25% and I still have my save file just wanna see if I can get back in it, Also I beat S&P2 but that would be nice to come over too.

Vylash

the dual destinies dlc is well worth it for 6 dollars, buy it now instead of waiting for some sale that will probably never happen

NateDrake

I really didn't mean to start whining about sales on twitter, and momentarily forgot that such stuff is somehow newsworthy. It's not really that bad. Don't listen to anything I say on monday nights, that's my drinking day.

Think of it as free publicity. Some of the folks in the comments section of those reports weren't aware the game had launched, but now they know and may purchase it.

Also: Does the Mii Plaza VIP status increase the number of StreetPasses you can have beyond the maximum of 10? Or the number of games that you can activate StreetPass for? If not: What the hell is it even good for??
None of that. It gives you a VIP room where you can save 100 Miis from the hell that is met by invitation (or death if they're special Miis...WTF Nintendo) which happens to your oldest Miis once the plaza exceeds 1000 (you can just delete Miis from the plaza free of charge but it is time consuming with how slowly the plaza scrolls). Plus a birthday feature which can give you plaza tickets which you will need if you want to buy everything (mainly the custom message boxes, you have enough for all the costumes from 5 games).

So really it is a bunch of features that should have been part of the update free of charge (e.g. sound test working in sleep mode) plus plaza tickets to justify the cost.

I'd love the system settings to have a proper streetpass management where I can choose which 12 are active. Having to boot up games to activate them is lame. Plus resolving that glitch where the last game you activated (top-left in management menu) doesn't work with streetpass relay making it really 11 instead of 12.

maxcriden

It's all the same tech. Though obviously they were still feeling things out with the art and the environments are a bit simpler.

Thanks Moon!

We ended up playing the first 1.5 worlds or so last night. Pretty tough w/o Dixie's helicopter hair but much more fun than when we tried it on Wii. The game looks *much* better on Wii U. I don't remember if the screen was shrunk like this on Wii VC but it definitely helps sharpen the image a bit. As you said the environs are simpler in appearance but overall the graphics are pretty similar to the sequels. I think we're pretty much just at the point now where we gave up originally so it should all be pretty new to us from here. Last level we played was Stop and Go Station which was fun, clever, and I think totally unfamiliar to us. Should hopefully tide us over just about until DK 64.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just don't get why they couldn't include it with a bundle. I'm already gonna get the two new StreetPass games, could've made it...say, $12 for all three.

Robin64

I just don't get why they couldn't include it with a bundle. I'm already gonna get the two new StreetPass games, could've made it...say, $12 for all three.

Really damn annoying. Sometimes Nintendo decisions boggle the mind and this is one of those times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the one hand, being able to earn more plaza tickets is tempting because I want to earn all the game & system related ones (thank goodness I still have 5 left over). But I'm not forking over $5 for something I won't use & a simple birthday feature.

What makes it worse is I actually like the sound of the birthday feature :(

Plus resolving that glitch where the last game you activated (top-left in management menu) doesn't work with streetpass relay making it really 11 instead of 12.

Thankfully this is no longer a thing on the New 3DS, at least for me.
I had the glitch across four separate 3DS systems and after system transferring to the New unit (as was the case with all prior) it's definitely gone.

TEJ

So I was playing super mario 64 and I was thinking, I have made a bit too many lttp/rttp threads, so I will post about it in the super mario bros community thread. Did a search and didn't find one.

No community thread for the most famous platforming franchise, one that has lasted 30 years? Well over that if you count donkey kong.

I am posting here to see if there is anybody who wants to help me make one. It would mainly be about the platformers but include spinoffs too.

GulAtiCa

Just when you think testing on your game's big giant patch is done. Nope, you get pulled back in and realize still plenty of stuff to test. Joy! lol

Top Bottom