• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's kind of disappointing. The 10 new Miiverse stamps are already unlocked from the start. I was kind of hoping you could get them via Time Attack & such....plus it's not even all of the DLC content (i.e no Excitebike stamp).

Edit: UUGGGHHHH, so the DLC downloaded, but not the damn patch. I wanted to at least scan the amiibo in before I left for class. Guess it can download while in sleep mode or whatever while I'm gone.

Why is it so difficult to just download a simple patch or DLC? At least with the 3DS, it's on the eShop itself, so I can KNOW I'm downloading it & not hoping it might happen.

maxcriden

amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights comes to #WiiU as a free download from 30/04! pic.twitter.com/RJmcxGy9TU
— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) April 23, 2015

amiibo Tap full JP lineup

NES
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA version)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Kirby’s Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Metroid
Yoshi
Dr. Mario
Punchout!!
Mach Rider
Excitebike
Ice Climbers
Kid Icarus
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Wrecking Crew
Pinball
Clu Clu Land
Wario’s Woods

Super Nintendo
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
F-Zero
Kirby’s Dreamland 3
Kirby’s Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

JP trailer

(via GoNintendo)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so next week.

I wonder if they'll expand it to include N64 & GBA titles....or make a 3DS version for NES & GB/C titles.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Mario Kart 8 Update and DLC Pack 2 – The latest Mario Kart 8 free software update has crossed the finish line and now you can race like never before in 200CC … if you think you’re fast enough. DLC Pack 2 is here, too, with three new characters, four new vehicles and eight new tracks, all for the thrill of the race. DLC Pack 2 is sold separately for $7.99 individually or bundled with Pack 1 for $11.99 from the in-game shop or the Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Super Smash Bros. DLC – Mewtwo – The Psychic-type Pokémon Mewtwo makes its grand entrance! Make it Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y in its Final Smash, and then use Psystrike to blow away the opposition. Starting on April 28, you can purchase and download the new fighter Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS for $3.99 each game or for $4.99 for both versions.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Mario Kart DS – Race along with Mario and his friends in five single-player modes and over 30 courses. Knock out the competition with your driving skills as you rocket-start the race, use drifting and turbo at critical points and deploy crazy items to gain an advantage.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Cube Creator 3D – Craft your own realm in stunning randomly generated worlds in Cube Creator 3D. You can gather resources, combine elements, explore new worlds and combat strange creatures to survive in this expansive, cubic domain. Grab your copy at an introductory price of $4.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 7. Click here to view the trailer for this game.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Tetrobot & Co. is 70 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 30.
Cocoto Magic Circus 2 is 66 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 7.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Korg DSN-12 and Korg M01D from Detune Ltd. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 7.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 11.
Van Helsing Sniper Zx100 is 47 percent off (reduced from $6.66 to $3.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 17.
Soccer Up 3D and Soccer Up Online from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 21.

Activities:

Mega May is Back! – Vote Today

During the entire month of May, Nintendo and Capcom are celebrating our favorite blue bomber, Mega Man, with six game releases on the Virtual Console service for Wii U. The Game Boy Advance versions of Mega Man Zero 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, Mega Man Battle Network 3 White, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Mega Man & Bass will land on the Nintendo eShop throughout the month. Click here to vote for the first game of Mega May, which will launch May 7. Voting is open until 11:59 p.m. PT on April 29.
International StreetPass Week

Take your Nintendo 3DS system on a whirlwind tour without leaving your hometown during International StreetPass Week! Through April 26, collect up to six Mii characters from across Europe, the United States and Canada when you stop by a Nintendo Zone location. U.S. and Canada visitors will even get a special Mii of Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America. Find a Nintendo Zone hotspot near you here.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker: Apocalypse - Available April 28

Also new this week:

Suspension Railroad Simulator (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I turned on my Wii U, no downloads, so I went to the eShop and then exited, then it started downloading the DLC. Fired up the game and it installed the DLC, but it was nowhere to be found. Exited the game and re-entered, and it downloaded and installed the patch.

Moral of the story: Even if it downloaded and installed the DLC, you're not done unless it says version 4.0 on the title screen.

I had the same issue. It started auto-downloading the DLC, so I waited for that. Went to the game and it started installing. Once in the game, no update to be found, still on 3.0. Closed game, went back in, still 3.0. Shrugged and turned off the Wii U. I'll put it back up later and see what's up. First 'issue' I've had downloading anything on Wii U.

Ondore

My procedure:
- Go into Mario Kart, nothing
- Go into Smash (because it was blinking at me for some stupid reason)
- Go back into Mario Kart, update hits, after game launches get prompted to download the DLC.

maxcriden

Do we know if scanning an amiibo will only give you access to highlights of a game you don't already own? Otherwise this would be kind of lame.

AFAIK it's totally random, but hopefully there is something in there that prevents you from getting a game you already have. (I kind of doubt it, though.)

The game will allow players to tap their amiibo action figures onto their Wii U GamePads and unlock three-minute snippets of classic Nintendo games like Excitebike, F-Zero and Super Mario World. Games won't be assigned to amiibo, Iwata said. One person's Mario could unlock Super Metroid, while another's Mario could unlock Kirby's Adventure. Games will be randomly assigned, like a box of chocolates, Iwata said, channeling Forrest Gump.
(via Polygon)

I also don't totally understand if you can restart the amiibo Tap game and use the same amiibo to randomly unlock a different demo.

(FWIW I don't think this game holds much appeal for those of us dedicated Nintenfans, but maybe I'm missing something.)

Camjo-Z

Korg DSN-12 and Korg M01D from Detune Ltd. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 7.

Was hoping to grab DSN-12 the next time it went on sale, but of course this ends two days before I have wireless internet back. WELP

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hope Mega May has some good sales. Also, I wonder if Capcom will do any deal where you can get both version of the Battle Network games for a discount.

Also, really hope next year we get the DS version of Battle Network 5.

RootCause

You will not lose any Wii U game purchases because those are tied to your NNID. No idea how that works with stuff you have bought in Wii Mode if they send you a new system or whatever. You'll have to contact customer service.
I figured it wasn't normal. Maybe I should get a new wiiu, and transfer. Then contact nintendo to get it fixed. Shame, I really wanted to play some dragon ball, and no more heroes. Thanks, anyway.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo)
    DLC Pack 2 ($7.99)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo)
    Mewtwo ($3.99 | Both versions $4.99) Upcoming 04/28

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Tetrobot & Co. (Neko Entertainment | $2.99 until 04/30, then $9.99)
  • Cocoto Magic Circus 2 (Bigben Interactive | $9.99 until 05/07, then $29.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
    Mewtwo ($3.99 | Both versions $4.99) Upcoming 04/28

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• KORG DSN-12 (Detune | $19.00 until 05/07, then $37.00)
  • KORG M01D (Detune | $17.00 until 05/07, then $34.00)
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition (Telegames Inc | $19.99 until 05/11, then $29.99)
  • Van Helsing sniper Zx100 (EnjoyUp Games | $3.49 until 05/17, then $6.66)
  • Soccer Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games | until 05/21)
  • Soccer Up Online (EnjoyUp Games | until 05/21)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo)
    DLC Pack 2 (€8.00 | £7.00)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo)
    Mewtwo (€3.99 | £3.59 | Both versions €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming 04/28

Wii U | Sales

• Kirby's Adventure Wii (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends April 30, regular price €19.99/£17.99)
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €3.99/£2.74 (Ends April 30, regular price €7.99/£5.49)
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends April 30, regular price €6.99/£6.29)
  • Tetrobot & Co. (Neko Entertainment) - €2.99/£2.19 (Ends April 30, regular price €9.99/£7.49)
  • Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends May 14, regular price €2.99/£2.99)

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
    Mewtwo (€3.99 | £3.59 | Both versions €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming 04/28

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Kirby Fighters Deluxe (Nintendo) - €4.89/£4.39 (Ends April 30, regular price €6.99/£6.29)
  • Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo, GB VC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 30, regular price €3.99/£3.59)
  • Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Nintendo, GB VC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 30, regular price €3.99/£3.59)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (End May 7, regular price €9.99/£8.99)
  • KORG DSN-12 (DETUNE) - €14.99/£12.49 (End May 7, regular price €29.99/£24.99)
  • KORG M01D (DETUNE) - €12.49/£9.99 (End May 7, regular price €24.99/£19.99)
  • Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 7, regular price €7.99/£5.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 7, regular price €7.99/£6.99)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends May 21, regular price €2.99/£2.36)

uxwGK.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just Mario Kart 8 DLC for me this week. I enjoy many of the tracks in Mario Kart DS, but given that I the cart and I'd rather be playing Mario Kart 8..

daydream

Banned
Aaah, feels good to be back! These past few weeks have been pretty great for eShop, I've managed to stay up to date on everything except Affordable Space Adventures. Gonna have to get a new HDD for that!

Dudes. This game is plenty good. Especially for $3!!!

Yup, everyone get this game! Absolute steal at that price.

Chrom

Regarding the Soccer Up games:

[3DS] Soccer Up 3D - $1.99 thru 5/21 (was $2.99)
[3DS] Soccer Up Online - $2.99 thru 5/21 (was $3.99)

Anyway, pretty good week in my opinion. I'm curious to see how Cube Creator 3D will perform.

Anyway, pretty good week in my opinion. I'm curious to see how Cube Creator 3D will perform.
The demo was downloaded 500,000 times and people seemed fairly pleased with it. I'd say it's going to do decently well considereding it's the first competent Minecraft clone on the system and it's launching at a discount.

Its nothing for 3DS! Meanwhile, Vita still gets shat on in a week where it gets Shovel Knight and Umihare Kawase.
Now's a good time to buy Soul Hackers, people!

Suspension Railroad Simulator looks interesting though.

tolkir

Its nothing for 3DS! Meanwhile, Vita still gets shat on in a week where it gets Shovel Knight and Umihare Kawase.
Now's a good time to buy Soul Hackers, people!

Suspension Railroad Simulator looks interesting though.

Meanwhile, you can save some money for Karous next week. Or you can buy Shovel Knight and Kawase on 3DS if want them. :p

sörine;161338321 said:
Both great games, both also released on 3DS last year.

Sorry, I was happy to wait for both and play them on Vita instead. :eek:

Meanwhile, you can save some money for Karous next week. Or you can buy Shovel Knight and Kawase on 3DS if want them. :p

I heard some bad things about Karous though.. but considering the price, I might still just give it a shot.

What theme do you guys use? I'm loving the Zelda: Dire Moon theme right now.

BooJoh

I've got mine on random. The current rotation is: ACNL: Bulletin Board, MH4U Hunter's Seal (this and AC are tied for my favorite,) MH4U Palicoes, Tomodachi Life, Pikachu Party, Kirby Gourmet Race, Shantae Pirate Theme, Zelda ALBW, Super Mario Blue, Yoshi Springtime Siesta (love the music)

3DS version is still the best version of Shovel Knight. I own it on Wii U, PC, 3DS, and Vita now.

I only own the 3DS version but the 3D effect is top-notch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Used to use Sonic Boom since it was free, but grew tired of the music. Awesomely, a gaffer managed to hook me with with the Famicom Memories theme code that came with Ultimate NES Remix, so I've been using that.

sörine

Banned
Natsume's been giving some insight on VC:

Natsume said:
How does the virtual console porting process work? What are all the steps needed to put a game (Like HM2 GBC for example) on VC?
-Connor Nichols (Facebook)
The titles for Virtual Console are handled by Nintendo. The publisher and Nintendo discuss which classic titles would be a good fit and have the best potential to sell. Once a title is agreed upon, Nintendo and the publisher work together to bring that title to the designated system, with Nintendo doing the bulk of the work.

Natsume said:
Will the two Pocky & Rocky SNES games ever be re-released on the Virtual Console?
- @ominiq (Twitter)
At this point, it’s unlikely we’ll see any other Natsume SNES games coming to the Virtual Console, as Nintendo’s interest has moved onto other classic systems.

http://ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com/post/117168749812/spring-q-a-part-1-classic-titles

Guess we can start bitching at Nintendo again over Pocky & Rocky and Lufia II.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AW YEAH, Nintendo's interest has moved onto the Virtua Boy and getting games like VB Wario Land on the 3DS!!

.......or ya know, the GBA, DS, & N64 stuff......

I would like to know where Nintendo has put their interest. 3DS doesn't really get much anymore. Wii U in NA doesn't get Wii titles, and likely will stop getting N64 titles after Paper Mario comes out (the last of the announced ones). DS will likely be the same. GBA doesn't get much either.

sörine

Banned
I would like to know where Nintendo has put their interest. 3DS doesn't really get much anymore. Wii U in NA doesn't get Wii titles, and likely will stop getting N64 titles after Paper Mario comes out (the last of the announced ones). DS will likely be the same. GBA doesn't get much either.
GBA, N64 and DS will keep rolling out for awhile at least. We already know a bunch of Natsume's GBA games (8 total including Medabots) are coming. Probably no Square Enix stuff though, at least outside Japan.

sörine;161354317 said:
GBA, N64 and DS will keep rolling out for awhile at least. We already know a bunch of Natsume's GBA games (8 total including Medabots) are coming. Probably no Square Enix stuff though, at least outside Japan.

I don't understand how Nintendo is handling VC. It's such an incredible missed opportunity.. it is especially painful seeing how SNES emulation and digital DS games should be possible on 3DS, especially DS titles. But it doesn't look like it is ever going to happen.

For their next handheld, I hope that they figure out a universal system, cross-save/buy VC with Wii-U, supporting all popular legacy systems.. and a retro-active account system that will allow me to download my previous VC purchases from 3DS/Wii-U. There really isn't a technical reason why this should be a pipe dream.

sörine;161354317 said:

I know more games will come out eventually, but there could be long wait times between each release. The Wii in NA hasn't had anything since the original $10 promotion. It seems whenever Nintendo comes out with a new system for VC, they stop releasing stuff for a while after the games they initially announced. This is why I think there will be a wait for a new N64 game after Paper Mario next week. I would like Nintendo to prove me wrong, though.

Bless Natsume for supporting the VC (or at least working with Nintendo to support it). I hope one of those 8 is Harvest Moon FoMT.

sörine

Banned
Thinking on this here's the NES and SNES games from Wii VC that haven't yet made it to Wii U or 3DS. This is for both NA and EU collectively. Hopefully we still get most of them.

NES
A Boy and his Blob: Trouble on Blobonia (Majesco)
Adventures of Lolo 2 (HAL Laboratory)
Bio Miracle Boukette Upa (Konami)
Blades of Steel (Konami)
Bubble Bobble (Taito)
BurgerTime (G-mode)
Double Dribble (Konami)
Elevator Action (Taito)
Faxanadu (Hudson Soft)
Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
King's Knight (Square Enix)
Lunar Pool (D4 Enterprise)
NES Play Action Football (Nintendo)
Ninja JaJaMaru-Kun (Jaleco)
Operation Wolf (Taito)
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (Hudson Soft)
Skate or Die! (Konami)
Smash Table Tennis (Nintendo)
StarTropics (Nintendo)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Konami)
The Legend of Kage (Taito)
Zanac (D4 Enterprise)
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Nintendo)

Super NES
ActRaiser (Square Enix)
Aero the Acro-Bat (Sunsoft)
Aero the Acro-Bat 2 (Sunsoft)
Chrono Trigger (Square Enix)
Darius Twin (Taito)
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure (Hudson Soft)
Final Fantasy II (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy III (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (Square Enix)
Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (Koei)
Ghoul Patrol (LucasArts)
Gradius III (Konami)
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (LucasArts)
Kirby's Avalanche (Nintendo)
Metal Marines (Bandai Namco Games)
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (Square Enix)
Prince of Persia (Ubisoft)
Rival Turf! (Jaleco)
R-Type III: The Third Lightning (Jaleco)
Secret of Mana (Square Enix)
SimCity (Nintendo)
Space Invaders: The Original Game (Taito)
Super Adventure Island (Hudson Soft)
Super Adventure Island II (Hudson Soft)
Super Bonk (Hudson Soft)
Super E.D.F: Earth Defense Force (Jaleco)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Nintendo)
Super R-Type (Irem)
Super Star Wars (LucasArts)
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (LucasArts)
Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (LucasArts)
Super Turrican (Factor 5)
Super Turrican 2 (Factor 5)
The Combatribes (Aksys Games)
The Ignition Factor (Jaleco)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (LucasArts)

terrisus

sörine;161359228 said:
Thinking on this here's the NES and SNES games from Wii VC that haven't yet made it to Wii U or 3DS. This is for both NA and EU collectively. Hopefully we still get most of them.

As someone who had no interest at all in the Wii VC, looking at this list makes me super-depressed...

wilflare

honestly, I would buy all (or as much as funds allow) the NES, SNES, GBA VC games for 3DS and WiiU should Nintendo choose to release them.... and organise some sort of Build Your Own Bundle sale :/

but oh well - dreams

Top Bottom