• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

TheMoon

That list...

There are way too many Kirby games.

There can never be too many Kirby games. Especially considering this list is shorter than the list of most modern AAA+ franchises that started within the last 10 years or so and Kirby has been going for something like 25 years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a release schedule posted somewhere for the Sega 3D Classics? I'm amped up about getting Thunder Blade 3D, but do not want to wait!
May. That's all we know, but from what we've seen, the Wave 2 games have been released in the middle of the month. So my guess is it'll either be May 14th or May 21st.

After that, 3D Streets of Rage 2 will release in July, then 3D GUNSTAR HEROES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO will come out in August, with Sonic 2 being the final Wave 2 game in Sept.

May. That's all we know, but from what we've seen, the Wave 2 games have been released in the middle of the month. So my guess is it'll either be May 14th or May 21st.

After that, 3D Streets of Rage 2 will release in July, then 3D GUNSTAR HEROES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO will come out in August, with Sonic 2 being the final Wave 2 game in Sept.

Thanks for the info! A painful wait.. I'm daydreaming about what Wave 3 could hold!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So the Kart DLC is indeed Thursday right per usual eShop update in NOA?

I ask cause I forgot exactly and Nintendo has randomly dropped Pokemon a day early.

Camjo-Z

I'm inclined to agree, one or two Kirby games per console is enough.

Hey, as long as the quality is there then I've got no problem with it. I don't think there's been a bad Kirby spin-off yet. And technically, there have only been one to two mainline Kirby games per console.

joedick

can't wait for the NA eShop sale pls

You need to look at NoA and NoE as separate businesses almost. They don't usually have the same sales and discounts. Think of it like hearing chips are on sale in 7-11 stores in Europe and wondering why the same deals didn't come to the U.S. at the same time.

Just trying to be proactive about potential "bad guy NOA" posts :p

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I was wondering, since Pandora is the first Wii VC release you can play on the gamepad alone thanks to its CC/pro support, has that done anything to other games playable with the CC in vWii Mode thanks to some firmware update or was it coded into the game's iso wrapper itself and thus, like I think, still only works with just Pandora (and future Wii VC games with cc support) and only the digital version?

Anybody tried seeing if Pandora's Tower disc can be played in vWii on the gamepad alone (meaning the gamepad's controls functioning as a classic controller) or you can still only display the game on the gamepad but needs a physical CC controller to play?

Next Week's Japan Releases
4/28
Wii U
Tabletop Gallery (Rainy Frog) - 500 yen
Windup Knight 2 (Unity Games) - 900 yen
Learning Get! (Gakken x Toppan) - Free
Cosmo Gang the Puzzle (Pac-Attack) (Bandai Namco) (Super Famicom) - 823 yen
3DS
3D Streets of Rage II (SEGA) - 823 yen
Touch Battle Tank 3D 3 (Silver Star Japan) - 500
Minna no Decoration Card (The Location Inc.) -500yen

4/29
Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo) -7700yen
3DS
Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition (Gungho)

4/30
Wii U
Dragon Quest X:Ancient Dragon Lore (Square Enix) - 4104 yen
3DS
Funassyi game (Success) -5184 yen
Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero 3D Haneda ALL STARS (Sonic Powered) -6480

Next Week's Japan Releases
4/28
Wii U
Tabletop Gallery (Rainy Frog) - 500 yen
Windup Knight 2 (Unity Games) - 900 yen
Learning Get! (Gakken x Toppan) - Free
Cosmo Gang the Puzzle (Pac-Attack) (Bandai Namco) (Super Famicom) - 823 yen
3DS
3D Streets of Rage II (SEGA) - 823 yen
Touch Battle Tank 3D 3 (Silver Star Japan) - 500
Minna no Decoration Card (The Location Inc.) -500yen

4/29
Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo) -7700yen
3DS
Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition (Gungho)

4/30
Wii U
Dragon Quest X:Ancient Dragon Lore (Square Enix) - 4104 yen
3DS
Funassyi game (Success) -5184 yen
Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero 3D Haneda ALL STARS (Sonic Powered) -6480

Aw, so Streets of Rage II isn't using full-screen? I was hoping they could make that work since the backgrounds scroll.

Also BGM by Yuzo Koshiro Mr., of course alive and well.

What the fuck.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Japan gets 3D Streets of Rage 2 ALREADY? Wow. Makes me wonder if they'll get 3D Gunstar Heroes & Sonic 2 first as well, which in turn makes me hope we'll get more information about them soon (PLEASE include Hidden Palace Zone that was from the iOS version)

Chrom

So the Kart DLC is indeed Thursday right per usual eShop update in NOA?

I ask cause I forgot exactly and Nintendo has randomly dropped Pokemon a day early.

The last DLC pack was dropped at like 3:00 in the morning following a maintenance period, if memory serves. I think that'll happen again.

I highly recommend Kirby's Block Breaker, just like Pinball, it is a top tier representation of the genre for 8-bit systems, and has all the charm of a great Kirby title.

These games have aged so well. I just wish the 1:1 mode was easier to access on 3DS.

Danneee

Went in a splurge yesterday and bought Sonic (great game still), After Burner 2 (actually pretty crappy game) and Ace Combat Plus (good game so far, price is way to high for a 4 year old game though bit whatever, needed my portable plane fix as AB2 didn't satisfy).

Watching the Box Boy credits roll... what a fantastic and creative game that was. Got every crown, and played as Box Boy with ponytail from the moment the option was available--there he is looking all cute and femme, even in the credit scroll <3.
There was a moment of color when the HAL Laboratories logo appeared in this otherwise greyscale title, tee-hee <3.
And then...
"New worlds have appeared! Can you clear all of these new worlds as well?"
:O This game has a ridiculous amount of content, especially given the budget price. Yay!

:p Also, jealously watching the A-Train 3D thread. I should have it by this time tomorrow... the wait's been unbearable!

Tizoc

Just got these games:
Rhythm Thief
Dr. Lautrec (Konami's take on Prof. Layton)

Which one should I play first? I'm not all THAT good with Rhythm games, but hey SEGA :p

wilflare

I totally forgot about the MK DLC coming this week :O
how much is it

Just got these games:
Rhythm Thief

Which one should I play first? I'm not all THAT good with Rhythm games, but hey SEGA :p

been wanting to get them since forever - where did you find them omg

maxcriden

Just got these games:
Rhythm Thief

Never even heard of Lautrec till today. That must've flown wayyyy under my radar. Looks kind of cool, and as a big Layton fan I'm very interested to hear impressions!

GeekyDad

Code of Princess, low framerate in 3D mode and prerendered sprites, but it actually looks OK and this game is clearly a love letter to Treasure's Guardian Heroes. Voice acting is surprisingly good. Could have been set in the Berserk universe if it wasnt for the main character design.

Ok? Still the best-looking game on 3DS, I think.

Unfortunately, it also suffers from being one of the most boring and repetitious.

Tizoc

been wanting to get them since forever - where did you find them omg

I got both games off Amazon UK for 10 Pounds each :p

Never even heard of Lautrec till today. That must've flown wayyyy under my radar. Looks kind of cool, and as a big Layton fan I'm very interested to hear impressions!

I have Lautrec in my 3DS which I brought to work with me, hopefully I can get past at least the prologue during break XD

Chrom

I don't normally post about Japanese sales, but there's going to be a Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary eShop sale starting next week. All Fire Emblem games (everything on Virtual Console and Awakening) are 25% off from 4/28 to 5/6. Source.

Camjo-Z

Just got these games:
Rhythm Thief

Believe it or not, Rhythm Thief is actually Sega's take on Professor Layton too.

It's the definition of wasted potential, unfortunately. It's not really that similar to Layton since all the "puzzles" are incredibly easy and not at all the focus of the game. Instead they shove in dull quests where you run back and forth around the world map to "solve mysteries" (though there's not really much to solve since Lautrec basically puts things together himself without player input), pointlessly long dungeon crawling levels (hope you like pushing blocks!) and a weird Pokemon-esque battle system where you fight with ancient artifacts (the mechanics of which I never fully understood).

The best thing I can say for it is that the voice acting and animation are well done, and it's really cheap these days.

maxcriden

Believe it or not, Rhythm Thief is actually Sega's take on Professor Layton too.

It's the definition of wasted potential, unfortunately. It's not really that similar to Layton since all the "puzzles" are incredibly easy and not at all the focus of the game. Instead they shove in dull quests where you run back and forth around the world map to "solve mysteries" (though there's not really much to solve since Lautrec basically puts things together himself without player input), pointlessly long dungeon crawling levels (hope you like pushing blocks!) and a weird Pokemon-esque battle system where you fight with ancient artifacts (the mechanics of which I never fully understood).

The best thing I can say for it is that the voice acting and animation are well done, and it's really cheap these days.

Ah, that's really unfortunate. The puzzles are a highlight of Layton for me, so that's too bad. Thanks for the info!

TheMoon

I was wondering, since Pandora is the first Wii VC release you can play on the gamepad alone thanks to its CC/pro support, has that done anything to other games playable with the CC in vWii Mode thanks to some firmware update or was it coded into the game's iso wrapper itself and thus, like I think, still only works with just Pandora (and future Wii VC games with cc support) and only the digital version?

Anybody tried seeing if Pandora's Tower disc can be played in vWii on the gamepad alone (meaning the gamepad's controls functioning as a classic controller) or you can still only display the game on the gamepad but needs a physical CC controller to play?

There hasn't been a firwmware update in forever. So obviously nothing has changed.

TheMoon

I'm disappointed, Moon. You didn't jump on the "Wii VC" mention :þ

I'm seriously debating whether or not to edit a mini-rant into the post. But at some point I still want to appear at least somewhat different from richisawesome :D

Honestly, I only skipped over it and I'm a bit tired^^

maxcriden

Why would you be such a crazy person?

I just get burned out on MK games. *shrug* We played a lot when it came out, including with GAFers, and then when the first DL tracks hit we only ended up playing them once. Then a GAFer wanted to buy my copy so I figured why not.

I'm disappointed, Moon. You didn't jump on the "Wii VC"/"vWii" mention :þ

welcome-back1.jpg

deadfolk

I realise that I'm probably talking to a biased crowd here, but is it still worth picking up a Wii U this late in the game? It's the only major console I've ever skipped.

What are the exclusives that are worth buying a console for? Sell me on it!
Or dissuade me.

TheMoon

I realise that I'm probably talking to a biased crowd here, but is it still worth picking up a Wii U this late in the game? It's the only major console I've ever skipped.

Or dissuade me.

Why wouldn't it worth it now? It's worth it now more than ever because you get a boatload of top quality games right out the gate.

Nintendo Land
ZombiU
New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U (the latter is available as DLC but there is also a rare disc version as well as a console bundle with both on disc)
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
The Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (multiplat but best on and designed for Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Pikmn 3
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse (Rainbow Paintbrush if you're in PAL land)
Hyrule Warriors
Affordable Space Adventures
Earthbound (quasi-exclusive, given the rarity and price of the original)
NES Remix 1+2
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (former exclusive, designed for Wii U with exclusive co-op mode)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (the only reasonably priced choice these days if you're cool with a digital copy)

Out soon:
Splatoon
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Maker
Xenoblace Chronicles X
Star Fox
Devil's Third
Fatal Frame V

On the horizon:
New Zelda
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
+more unannounced stuff
+ there's a ton of eShop games, some of which will be exclusives. don't have the list handy right now.

Robin64

Or dissuade me.

Mine gets played every night while my PS4 collects dust. Just not interested in remaster after remaster right now, and the Wii U gets nothing but new gems as seen above.

Tizoc

Ouch based on that I can at least beat it and then trade it in later for another game :p
From what little I played of R. Thief it does give that Prof. Layton vibe heh.

Tizoc

Or dissuade me.

The Wii U has access to the Wii VC, that means a buttload of classic video games for play on dat HDTV...or Wii U Pad, at least I THINK they should be playable on that thing :V

deadfolk

Wow, I didn't realise there were so may games I wanted on Wii U! I'm sold.

Just have to convince the wife now...

Edit: Roughly what % of games can be played off-screen with that bizarro controller/screen thingy? And does it work well? Remote play (local only) is a game-changer for me on PS4.

Robin64

Edit: Roughly what % of games can be played off-screen with that bizarro controller/screen thingy? And does it work well? Remote play (local only) is a game-changer for me on PS4.

Most of them. If it doesn't it's probably because it's actually using two screens like ZombiU.

It's 60fps with the lowest latency you will ever see for wireless video. It even beats out a lot of people's actual TVs.

jmizzal

Wow, I didn't realise there were so may games I wanted on Wii U! I'm sold.

Just have to convince the wife now...

I would say 95% of the games can be played off tv, its local only, but it works great, no lag at all.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Or dissuade me.

eBay Daily Deals constantly has the Mario Bunduru for $259.99 with free shipping (tax is YMMV).

That gets you in the door with the deluxe model plus two games. IF you wanted to play 3D World you're essentially paying $200 for the system itself and getting a free copy of Nintendoland thrown in.

Rhythm Thief is the best rhythm games on the 3DS, it's like Sega went back to their Dreamcast days and told that team to make something crazy. It's like Layton, Space Channel 5 and Jet grind Radio had a baby.

Lautrec is OK. It's 3D anime cut scenes was the big seller for me. It's like Boktai meets Layton meets Pokémon. Just not as good as any of those franchises. Wish Konami would just release it digitally for $10 or so.

deadfolk

eBay Daily Deals constantly has the Mario Bunduru for $259.99 with free shipping (tax is YMMV).

That gets you in the door with the deluxe model plus two games. IF you wanted to play 3D World you're essentially paying $200 for the system itself and getting a free copy of Nintendoland thrown in.

I'm in EU, but thanks for the eBay suggestion. Once I have a critical mass of cash, I'll start to keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom