• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Interfectum

As someone who is considering getting back into the Nintendo game (down own a 3DS or Wii U, yet), how does Nintendo handle digital purchases now? Are they locked to the hardware you buy it on or have they moved to a more account based purchasing system?

LayLa

Completely sold on Pocket Card Jockey after playing the demo, such a weird idea but it all works together so well. This game would also work on mobile phones as it's completely touch based, the horses are so cute they could make a fortune selling custom jockey uniforms, horse gear and so on if they wanted to.

Zeeman

Man, I am loving Pocket Cad Jockey. Was undefeated until I hit the Derby, then got rocked hard. How long is the demo? Feels very meaty.

Pocket Card Jockey really is like the second-coming of Pocket Football Club and is everything I thought it would be (right down to the Game Freak trademark lack of 3D lol) can't wait to buy the full version.

BooJoh

Crossposting this from the StarFox thread.

It's worth mentioning that if you buy the digital version of StarFox Zero, when you tap the StarFox Guard icon on the main menu it takes you to an eShop page for a StarFox Guard Special Demo which is listed as releasing today (probably at noon Eastern.) This should be good for anyone like me who's on the fence about Guard.

I don't know if you can get this demo without buying StarFox Zero.

iosefe

hi guys, just got myself a n3DS and $20 credit

in your opinions what are my best buys? i've considered Pokemon Yellow and a Picross game or 2.

Pokemaniac

Crossposting this from the StarFox thread.

It's worth mentioning that if you buy the digital version of StarFox Zero, when you tap the StarFox Guard icon on the main menu it takes you to an eShop page for a StarFox Guard Special Demo which is listed as releasing today (probably at noon Eastern.) This should be good for anyone like me who's on the fence about Guard.

I don't know if you can get this demo without buying StarFox Zero.

Oddly, this still seems to have not been released yet. Wonder if it's related to the eShop not letting me redeem my Star Fox Guard (full game) code until like an hour ago.

iosefe

If you liked Pokemon in the past, give Yellow a GO. Picross is also fine. Pushmo or Box Boy are fun as well.

i had Yellow as a kid, great times, i assume it stacks up well still.

and i've played a bit of Pokemon Picross, but the restrictions are moderately disappointing. from what i've read the gameboy Mario Picross is fantastic, but i should also consider the Picross e line, but which one...

MacTag

Banned
eShop codes for kickstarter backers of The Deer God have started going out. I'm downloading mine now. Might mean a release soon.

iosefe

ok, Picross E series question
if i could only get one of them, of e1-e6, where do i start?

lets assume i'm not worried about the benefits of owning all of them

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You might as well start with 1 to see if the series is for you. Later additions add larger puzzles, Mega Picross (i.e. changing how the numbers are displayed), & Micross (which is just a ton of smaller puzzles to form a picture).

iosefe

ok, so for my 20, my current plan is Mario's Picross, E1, and another 9.99 item. potentially Pokemon Yellow

i've had experience with things like Hexcells and squarecells, so picross definitely interests me. any other $10 recommendations?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you can get the points, there's a Twilight Princess-themed Picross game on My Nintendo. That might be a good way to try Picross out, especially since it has a long tutorial as well. Pokemon Picross is free to start, though you'll eventually hit a wall where it either takes a very long time, or you just pay to have it be a "normal" game.

iosefe

i've put a bit into Poke Picross. it's good, but i know i'll hit that snag soon. already been eyeing the Zelda Picross.

I'm hoping that they will either release another bundle or the standalone N3DS. I want one although I haven't seen it yet in person.

I wanted to pick one up for upcoming exclusives (namely Dragon Quest) but I want nothing to do with the huge XL screen at 240p. The original 3DS screen looked great to me so I want the regular N3DS

I wanted to pick one up for upcoming exclusives (namely Dragon Quest) but I want nothing to do with the huge XL screen at 240p. The original 3DS screen looked great to me so I want the regular N3DS

Right on. The screens are 1.2 times bigger which is a good improvement I think especially the touchscreen. You might be able to find that Animal crossing bundle somewhere, it's not as marked up as the Pokemon one.

BooJoh

Oddly, this still seems to have not been released yet. Wonder if it's related to the eShop not letting me redeem my Star Fox Guard (full game) code until like an hour ago.

As of now, it's listed as "New" instead of Coming Soon, but still says "Software currently unavailable."

wilflare

Maybe you weren't born yet. Kickstarters with Wii U versions coming out now usually mean they happened way back at the dawn of KS hype because who gives a fuck about a Wii U version.

Bleh :( Would have supported this and voted for a Vita + WiiU version

TheMoon

Well at least it's coming out now! :)

Meanwhile, still waiting on Armikrog, etc and let's not even talk about those "whoops we can't do Wii U after all!" games like Dreamfall Chapters and Anima: Gate of Memories...

wilflare

Well at least it's coming out now! :)

Meanwhile, still waiting on Armikrog, etc and let's not even talk about those "whoops we can't do Wii U after all!" games like Dreamfall Chapters and Anima: Gate of Memories...

definitely getting it. and oh well it seems like I'm drawn to platforms that often get such statements (Vita, WiiU...)

TheMoon

I wonder if SMRPG, Mother 3, and Xenoblade Chronicles are going to be announced for Wii U VC, during Nintendo's E3 presenation this year?

No. Why would they? They don't announce random VC games during E3. Why would you even think that. Mother 3 is the only E3 VC announcement you'll get for obvious reasons.

deadfolk

Just started playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze after finally picking it up at the reduced price. What a game - the soundtrack really sells it.

Top Bottom