• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Great!

Also, Nintendo now serious about online confirmed: eShop cards supplied today in french stores :)

Effect

Great news. Here's hoping it shows up in the NA eShop. Not sure if I'll get much use of it but will be glad to have it all the same just so the 3DS feels full featured. It's why I'm glad the video recording is there. I have no real need for it but glad it's there all the same. What I do want is a way to watch YouTube though and perhaps a way to tweet to twitter but that might be asking to much to soon.

@MUWANdo

Banned
There's really no reason to buy Tetris GB when you can get the DSiWare version with online play for almost the same price, but I don't care. I'm all over that shit.

Rikkun

TETRIS!

That should've been the first game on VC. Easily best portable game ever.

I'll take Pullblox (or whatever the name is) and Tetris :Q_

Thing is the Tetris company decide where the name can be used and how. Maybe the feel Tetris Attack can't have the name anymore (or Tetris 2: Bombliss or whatever).

But my Tetris scenario can be. Tetris and Dr. Mario (never came out in Japan though, guess that makes it kind of like Dr. Mario 64; though that did come out on Nintendo Puzzle League). Or Tetris Battle Gaiden (for some reason the SNES magazines in the UK loved this to bits).

Just get Pokemon Puzzle League.
This is the strange thing. Japan didn't get that game. Not even as an import. They have Panel de pon instead though (which it Tetris attack without the Yoshi characters) which I guess is the reasoning.

I hope you can put people(from your friendslist) on a "ignore list "or something. I don't want to get handdrawn penises every hour or so.

edit: and Tetris is a very nice surprise. It's still the best tetris. alone the fantastic soundtrack makes it better than any other tetris

Roto13

I hope you can put people(from your friendslist) on a "ignore list "or something. I don't want to get handdrawn penises every hour or so.

edit: and Tetris is a very nice surprise. It's still the best tetris. alone the fantastic soundtrack makes it better than any other tetris

I fully intend for the first thing I send to be a picture of my junk to a friend.

Tetris GB as well, apparently.

Damn, it's been a great month for eShop.

I just got this for my new game boy pocket as well :/

Oh well probably will buy it...when I clear my 30 game backlog (thats just whatgames Im currently playing...)

Anywayz: Tetris and the Nintendo message app AND Mighty Switch Force? Three different things in ONE WEEK?!

HOW COULD NINTENDO RELEASE THREE DIFFERENT 3DS DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE IN ONE WEEK? (Not counting DSiWare)

SERIOUSLY NINTENDO? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? THIS IS A APOCLYPTIC SCENARIO!

Sorry I just wanted to be apart of that meme while it was still new.

Anywayz: like I said I got I think 28 games that I'm CURRENTLY PLAYING. So yea now buy-playing anymore games until I beat two games. Need to get rid of this backlog.

1/3 is RPGs 1/3 is 3DS Downloadable and 1/3 is Retail games for Wii/360/PS3 lol.

I hope the message app is good. Guess we shall see.

watershed

Banned
So are do people anticipate making use of the letter box app? Full details haven't been revealed yet but at the moment it doesn't sound like a new pictochat and if more games have MK7-like online features I will probably never need a messaging app to set up a match. I could maybe see myself sending some cool screenshots to people but not much else.

So are do people anticipate making use of the letter box app? Full details haven't been revealed yet but at the moment it doesn't sound like a new pictochat and if more games have MK7-like online features I will probably never need a messaging app to set up a match. I could maybe see myself sending some cool screenshots to people but not much else.

I like to draw so I will be sending everyone on my friend list some very strange and obscene things.

HOLY SHIT ORIGINAL GB TETRIS!!! I never thought I'd see the day! :D

So happy right now! I thought it would be lost to time forever (since it technically breaks the Tetris guidelines now)

Fuck you infinite spin and fuck you Tetris Guidelines! This is a must buy for me (talk about one hell of a week for 3DS downloads!)

Now, how's about getting Tetris & Dr Mario, the Super Tetris series, Sega Tetris, Tetrisphere and Tetris Attack on the VC while you've got that licence Nintendo?

watershed

Banned
I like to draw so I will be sending everyone on my friend list some very strange and obscene things.

Well yes, there is that too which I hope to avoid honestly. Its good that the 3ds is getting a messaging system but IF (currently unknown) its not instant and seeing as how it doesn't look like it can run via multitasking like the browser, friend list, and notes can, then it won't be very useful to me at least.

Also the streetpass function sounds interesting, like maybe you can pass messages to anyone you streetpass as long as they enable some kind of "receive messages from strangers" feature. I'm really not looking forward to a bunch of random "fuck you"s and penises.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Oh well probably will buy it...when I clear my 30 game backlog (thats just whatgames Im currently playing...)

Anywayz: like I said I got I think 28 games that I'm CURRENTLY PLAYING. So yea now buy-playing anymore games until I beat two games. Need to get rid of this backlog.

1/3 is RPGs 1/3 is 3DS Downloadable and 1/3 is Retail games for Wii/360/PS3 lol.

I've got news for you, friend! If you are "currently playing" 30 games, ten of which are RPGs... then you are not currently playing thirty games.

Mrbob

You guys are seriously excited for monochrome Tetris?

I'll look into Mighty Switch Force this week. I think Pushmo is on my list first though. I'd buy Pushmo over Tetris GB.

18-Volt

HOW COULD NINTENDO RELEASE THREE DIFFERENT 3DS DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE IN ONE WEEK? (Not counting DSiWare)

SERIOUSLY NINTENDO? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? THIS IS A APOCLYPTIC SCENARIO!

Calm down, that's just the Amazing Wonderful Perfect NoE. American 3DS owners will probably get just Mighty Switch Force, and that's because of WayForward's global release efforts.

I'll look into Mighty Switch Force this week. I think Pushmo is on my list first though. I'd buy Pushmo over Tetris GB.

Oh yes! Modern Tetris games are shit for traditional single player. Never mind the immense nostalgia factor, but it offers far better traditional single player gameplay than any modern Tetris game (including Tetris DS) thanks to their bullshit "infinite rotation" rule and various other rules that The Tetris Company enforces upon developers.

This is Tetris in its purest form (and also Alexey Pajitnov's favourite version of the game too!)

Maybe it's just because it was my first, but I've always felt the raw gameplay of the original GB version felt better than any of the many other versions I've played. Plus that awesome soundtrack.

Fantastic news! Just Tetris as I remember it. No infinite spin or any of the extraneous bullshit that Tetris company added later. A perfect game to have installed on the machine.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They should have called it Nintendo eMail, a portmanteau of eShop and Mail.

But that would have been too clever.

Top Bottom