• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
No possible note needed, a dev located in my city made the game. The DSiWare minigames are taken from the retail game.

I'll change it with the next update, then!

Weird -- most of the other games have a notation in their eShop page about that -- not the Puffin games.

Edit: Spreadsheet updated... and now that I finally did that, and waited for Google Docs to SLOWLY SLOWLY SLOWLY update each cell, I fully expect the GBA games to pop up... just because I finally finished.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to avoid Google Doc's general pathetic speed?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Wow! No way! Didn't see that one coming!

For once, we get a Wayforward game first!!! Cats living with dogs, sky is falling etc!

I picked the right time to go back to Europe with the 3DS :D
Heh, same here. My 3DS is the first nintendo PAL console I own. That same moment NOE decide to go awesome with localizations across both the wii and eshop. Bingo.

Wow! No way! Didn't see that one coming!

For once, we get a Wayforward game first!!! Cats living with dogs, sky is falling etc!

I picked the right time to go back to Europe with the 3DS :D
You know I kinda regret getting a US 3DS now, I honestly thought the US eShop would be the best one given Nintendo's history with the download stores that the US would be the better one to get.

beje

Banned
Seeing stuff like the out-of-fucking-nowhere Eurosports app in Europe, I'm surprised that Nintendo still hasn't ported stuff like Eveybody Votes or Mii Contests over from the Wii.

Seeing stuff like the out-of-fucking-nowhere Eurosports app in Europe, I'm surprised that Nintendo still hasn't ported stuff like Eveybody Votes or Mii Contests over from the Wii.

Those channels basically bombed.
No one used them.
Besides, Mii Plaza is far superior.

Roto13

The Rolling Western trailer looked really good until it turned into a tower defense game. I don't know why people like those.

SmithnCo

The Rolling Western trailer looked really good until it turned into a tower defense game. I don't know why people like those.

I actually think it makes the game interesting. I like TD games where you can run around and are basically like a tower yourself.

zigg

Yeah, I was kinda bummed about it being TD too. It's just that there are so... many... TD games now.

Best I can hope for personally is that it does something to really set itself apart from the genre.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah, I was kinda bummed about it being TD too. It's just that there are so... many... TD games now.

Best I can hope for personally is that it does something to really set itself apart from the genre.

And yet not a single one of them is as good as Line Tower Wars.

@MUWANdo

Banned

The nighttime sections are tower defense. The daytime sections are Zelda-lite. Allegedly.

krumble

Shitty Eurosport app is on my Home Screen, not cool.

It wasn't that great, but I enjoyed the 6 minute episode in the shop.

I thought that the Eurosport app and the 6 minute episode on the shop showed great progress.
Think about all the people getting their 3DS at christmas, there is a lot of online and offline content for them now, Id rather they put this stuff in a Eurosport app than have it take up one or more of the 4 slots in Nintendo Video

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Anyone interested in doing the Wiiware/VC Gift Exchange this year? I know Cheesemeister typically runs it, but it's getting a tad close to the 25th and no thread has appeared as of yet...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is it me or so far eShop 3DS' prices seem kinda fair and more in line with other digital services than DSiWare/Wiiware/VC?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is it me or so far eShop 3DS' prices seem kinda fair and more in line with other digital services than DSiWare/Wiiware/VC?

True, i dont get the feeling of being ripped of which I had with some wii ware and DSi ware offerings - definitely an improvement.

I don't really agree with that - while the Wii shop and DSi shop contain more games that are completely worthless pieces of shit, if you ignore them and only consider the actual good games on those stores, they offer more value for money than your typical $15 XBLA/PSN release.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't really agree with that - while the Wii shop and DSi shop contain more games that are completely worthless pieces of shit, if you ignore them and only consider the actual good games on those stores, they offer more value for money than your typical $15 XBLA/PSN release.

So, in other words, if you take the best games on Wii/DSi, and compare them to average games with the highest pricepoints on XBLA/PSN, the Wii/DSi wins? Sounds like a very fair comparison. The best Wii games are better than Too Human as well :p

OMG Aero

I'm still shocked that with the eShop launch they didn't universally lower the price of DSiWare.
It's crazy watching the weekly download video in the eShop and seeing games like Pushmo being around half the price of your standard DSi shovelware.

So, in other words, if you take the best games on Wii/DSi, and compare them to average games with the highest pricepoints on XBLA/PSN, the Wii/DSi wins? Sounds like a very fair comparison. The best Wii games are better than Too Human as well :p

Not really, I'm saying that if you compare the best games on Virtual Console/Wiiware/Dsiware to games on XBLA and PSN that are of similar quality, the XBLA and PSN games are going to cost more on average.

Gravijah

compare vc versus psn classics/xbla classic console/arcade ports, and xbla/psn versus 3ds/wii/dsiware. don't mix the comparisons!

Effect

Been really looking forward to Rolling Western myself. Tower Defense type games usually come off to me as a like or dislike genre. You either like the concept or you don't. If you like it you are able to overlook certain things or not notice them. Meanwhile if you dislike them you'll pick it apart. So relying on reviews for them doesn't work (doesn't really work for many games since reviewers can't be trusted and do lie but especially for this genre and I'd say for time management games).

Top Bottom