• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

..which is interesting as it's the best selling download only title on the eShop in NA at least.
Nope, 30¢ Ballon Fight unseated it.

I can't wait to see F-Zero and Super Metroid topping the charts in turn. :)

Current US Top 20 with # of reviews:

01 Balloon Fight (Nintendo) 337
02 Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) 1515
03 Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) 1342
04 Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) 999
05 New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) 10,284
06 Might Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) 608
07 The Cave (Sega) 335
08 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega) 1805
09 ZombiU (Ubisoft) 4601
10 Scribblenauts Unlimited (WB Games) 1947
11 Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules) 70
12 Puddle (Neko Entertainment) 74
13 Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft) 1713
14 Darksiders II (THQ) 518
15 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo) 738
16 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Namco Bandai Games) 586
17 Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (WB Games) 1299
18 Nintendo Land (Nintendo) 12,406
19 Madden NFL 13 (Electronic Arts) 300
20 Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft) 374

JoelFB

Vice President, Frozenbyte
Trine 2 getting a permanent price cut?
Not permanent. I don't know why it's listed as price reduction and not -25% like the others - but anyhow it's a -25% discount up to March 7.

Jumping the gun a bit, this will also happen in North America (up to Feb 28, same as Australian & New Zealand launch offer).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm happy to see some price cuts happening. I hope it carries over to retail titles on the eShop as well, since I'd love to pick up Sonic Racing and Batman:AC (again) for $29.99, or less.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Huh, Sonic Racing seems to have gotten bumped to March 29.

The retail version has been released today

SAN FRANCISCO – February 12, 2013 – SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™, the ultimate racing game where players speed across land, air and water in fully transforming vehicles has shipped to retailers nationwide for the Nintendo 3DS. On-the-go gamers will get the chance to put their skills to the test as they race as one of the SEGA All-Stars characters including Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and others. In addition to the familiar favorites, NASCAR star Danica Patrick and Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph join the cast as playable characters, each with their own transforming vehicle and All-Star move.

“A game like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™ is perfect for the Nintendo 3DS,” said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America. “Whether it’s one of the classic SEGA characters, NASCAR racer Danica Patrick, or Disney’s Wreck It Ralph, everyone will have a favorite to race to the finish line.”

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, now available on Nintendo 3DS, features a wide variety of characters from iconic franchises bringing the spirit of racing to life for the entire family. Players compete across new dynamic environments and tracks that are once again inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. There are over 16 tracks and arenas, with each one feeling different – the courses change and each player must master their transforming vehicle across all terrains to finish first. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed also sees the popular All-Star moves return for each playable character with a brand new mechanic allowing your All-Star bar to power up faster if you race daringly and stylishly. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is available now for all gaming platforms.

At launch, the Nintendo 3DS Bonus Edition of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will be available at local retailers while supplies last. The exclusive bonus edition content features: Metal Sonic as a playable character along with his transforming vehicle and Mod Pack, an additional Outrun Bay Track plus challenges and time trials, and stickers for your in-game driver’s license.

Nope, 30¢ Ballon Fight unseated it.

I can't wait to see F-Zero and Super Metroid topping the charts in turn. :)

Current US Top 20 with # of reviews:

01 Balloon Fight (Nintendo) 337
02 Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) 1515
03 Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) 1342
04 Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) 999
05 New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) 10,284
06 Might Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) 608
07 The Cave (Sega) 335
08 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega) 1805
09 ZombiU (Ubisoft) 4601
10 Scribblenauts Unlimited (WB Games) 1947
11 Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules) 70
12 Puddle (Neko Entertainment) 74
13 Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft) 1713
14 Darksiders II (THQ) 518
15 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo) 738
16 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Namco Bandai Games) 586
17 Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (WB Games) 1299
18 Nintendo Land (Nintendo) 12,406
19 Madden NFL 13 (Electronic Arts) 300
20 Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft) 374
Weird. The UK chart doesn't list Balloon Trip at all.

Not permanent. I don't know why it's listed as price reduction and not -25% like the others - but anyhow it's a -25% discount up to March 7.

Jumping the gun a bit, this will also happen in North America (up to Feb 28, same as Australian & New Zealand launch offer).
Thanks.
I'm glad I didn't buy it yesterday. O_O

Is the Trine 2 sale happening Thursday or is it live now?
Thursday.

Pociask

I think you'd run up into an implementation detail here—the 3DS can indeed run DS games from DS Game Cards, but can only run downloaded DSi games from a reserved area of internal Flash (not the SD!), which is actually sized exactly as big as a DSi's internal Flash was.

So you can port some games to DSiWare, then do it that way—in fact, some third parties have done exactly this—but no, it's not a straight ROM dump, and also imposes size limitations that would likely cut out many of the games you probably want to play.

But can the 3DS run full, retail DS games downloaded from the eShop, in the same way it can run full, retail 3DS games downloaded from the eShop? Not to put too fine a point on it, but is there a technical barrier to Nintendo putting Advance Wars DS on the eShop and selling it for 20 bucks?

zigg

But can the 3DS run full, retail DS games downloaded from the eShop, in the same way it can run full, retail 3DS games downloaded from the eShop? Not to put too fine a point on it, but is there a technical barrier to Nintendo putting Advance Wars DS on the eShop and selling it for 20 bucks?
I don't believe so. It seems to be about storage—3DS games seem to be built with an abstraction layer (or are recompiled, depending on if they're physical or downloadable? not sure) that lets them use either SD or card storage, but when running in DS/DSi mode, it either directly uses the storage and save chips on the DS/DSi cards or is a DSiWare game that was built to be able to use internal storage.

I don't know how big Advance Wars DS is. If it's under the DSiWare size limit, it's concievable it could be ported to DSiWare.

Refyref

I think when the hardware goes into DS BC mode, the SD card gets locked, and according to zigg, most of the flash gets too, down to 256 MB. So they probaly could, but you'd only have space for very few games on the system.

EDIT: He beat me anyway. :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts and Price Cuts

• Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | €11.99 | £10.79 €8.99 | £7.99) Upcoming (02/14)
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte | €16.99 | £13.99 €12.49 | £9.99) Upcoming (02/14)

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mahjong 3D: Warriors of the Emperor (Treva Entertainment | €19.99 | £17.99) Upcoming (02/14)
  • Shifting World (Rising Star Games | €19.99 | £17.99) Upcoming (02/14)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Castlevania (Konami | NES | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (02/14)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
If somebody hasn't got Trine2 yet - go go go!

Pociask

I don't believe so. It seems to be about storage—3DS games seem to be built with an abstraction layer (or are recompiled, depending on if they're physical or downloadable? not sure) that lets them use either SD or card storage, but when running in DS/DSi mode, it either directly uses the storage and save chips on the DS/DSi cards or is a DSiWare game that was built to be able to use internal storage.

I don't know how big Advance Wars DS is. If it's under the DSiWare size limit, it's concievable it could be ported to DSiWare.

And a dream of mine just died. :(

Hale-XF11

Well, by all accounts, the 3DS version is a buggy mess with a serious frame rate problem. Maybe its to iron that out.

I thought that might be a possibility at first, but you can walk into a retail store and buy a copy of the game today, which is why it's strange to me.

I thought that might be a possibility at first, but you can walk into a retail store and buy a copy of the game today, which is why it's strange to me.
Does the 3DS version have access to DLC? Maybe there will be a patch coming out and they want to make sure the patch is out and the download version is up to date before they release the game on the eShop?

Is it wrong that I kinda really want Square to bring NES Final Fantasy to the 3DS VC soon, I have a hankering to play it at the moment and would love to have the original version on the 3DS.

hongcha

Getsu Fūma Den looks pretty cool. Might pick that one up. I already have the Salamander collection for my PSP, so I'm not interested in the Famicom version.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Getsu Fuuma Den is fantastic and I have no idea why it never got a sequel or even an international release. I've heard that it's seen as a clone of Namco's Genpei Toma Den, but I have no idea why, they aren't really that similar.

It's also Kamiya-approved, in case that sways anyone...

Glass Joe

If not mentioned, the price cut of Little Inferno from $14.99 to $9.99 in the US shop appears to be permanent. Much easier to recommend at that price.

I wanna see a bomba retail game actually get a price cut in the eShop. . I hope this is an eventual possibility.

Is that NES Castlevania I see for EU eShop this week? Never played that. Sweet.

Also, when do we get our F-Zero?

February: F-Zero (Super NES)
March: Punch-Out!! (NES)
April: Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
May: Super Metroid (Super NES)
June: Mario & Yoshi (NES)
July: Donkey Kong (NES)

Christ, the NOE site made that far more of a pain in the arse to find that it should have been! *sigh*

So just a week or so to wait for F-Zero then :).

The above are all the 30p games if that wasn't clear to anyone.

Qurupeke

February: F-Zero (Super NES)
March: Punch-Out!! (NES)
April: Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
May: Super Metroid (Super NES)
June: Mario & Yoshi (NES)
July: Donkey Kong (NES)

Christ, the NOE site made that far more of a pain in the arse to find that it should have been! *sigh*

So just a week or so to wait for F-Zero then :).

The above are all the 30p games if that wasn't clear to anyone.

August: Earthbound.

:(

Top Bottom