• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

For anyone looking for it, you have to search for Tank! Tank! Tank! to download it on the Europe eShop for the moment. A main screen button will probably appear soon.

It's 1500ish mb for the game, and the "DLC" is just unlock codes.

sakipon

For anyone looking for it, you have to search for Tank! Tank! Tank! to download it on the Europe eShop for the moment. A main screen button will probably appear soon.

It's 1500ish mb for the game, and the "DLC" is just unlock codes.

It's also listed in the latest software category.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Possibly first images for Urban Trila Freestyle on 3DS?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/8471355682/in/set-72157632755764265

Plus...exclusive content for the 3DS version?

Urban Trial Freestyle™ will have you competing against the clock, performing dangerous stunts, while racing across five varied 3D urban surroundings – all in pursuit of the perfect score. With over 100 different leaderboards in-game there will always be a score to beat. The game’s level-editor, exclusive to Nintendo® 3DSWARE, will ensure endless replay-ability as players share and compete in user-made tracks.

Urban Trial Freestyle™ brings the physics-based motorcycle arcade style game with a gritty setting and dynamic environments to the Nintendo® 3DSWARE. The new screenshots highlight the excellent quality of the title that has been specifically optimized for the platform.

Urban Trial Freestyle is due out on the 3DS eShop sometime in Q1 2013.

Effect

I wonder what the odds are of getting the Final Fantasy Legend games (all 3) on the 3DS VC. They're the first three SaGa games and were on the GameBoy. Talking about them in the ND thread has got me thinking about them. Would love to play them again.

Trying to download TANK TANK TANK ! But it seems to have trouble downloading.
Anyone have the same problem ?

Edit:
Nevermind its just extremely slow in comparison when downloading something from the eshop demo section.
NOW I understand why people complained about the download speed when digitally buying a game.
Cant believe they sold this game for full price hahahah

First, kudos for the superb pinball implementation - you guys are yet to disappoint in the sheer pinball goodness department! Been sinking quite some hours since Thursday, and managed to get my wife hooked as well.

The DLC scheme is an entirely different thing, though. And I'm not talking about the absence of in-game purchases. The entire Trial + Unlock = The Whole Thing is frustrating to no end for newcomers. You could at lest include some clear messages in there to inform peple of the right way to purchase tables, as not everybody reads games forums.

True, messages might help, but we'd have to show them before going out to the eShop, so they wouldn't appear in the proper context. And unfortunately there is no way to bundle the trial with the unlock right now, or to have a trial at all without separating them this way.

A time limited free game? By that definition a lot demos are actually free games. You merely cannot advance to further areas without buying the additional adventure.

I knew what the deal was and I still think the advertising is unnecessarily deceiving. Either include a free table or be honest and call it a demo.

Edited: Also, I would be fine with it if you could only play the free table for like 5 times a day. But a limit on high score and cutting the game before you finish is silly.

We've always been up front about the game's structure. We've never promoted it as a free game, although sometimes the platform holder has done that without our input.

The game is categorized as a free full game because of technical restrictions. We can't sell add-on content in the trial version of a game, for example, so you have to have the full game before you can buy an add-on table. But we don't want to make people buy tables they don't want as part of the "full version" before they can buy the ones they do want. So we make the "full game" free but without any content included.

I wonder what the odds are of getting the Final Fantasy Legend games (all 3) on the 3DS VC. They're the first three SaGa games and were on the GameBoy. Talking about them in the ND thread has got me thinking about them. Would love to play them again.

I'm not holding my breath for any more classic GB games. That said, I just started playing the DS remake of the third game (one of the games that led me to fall in love with Squaresoft in the first place) and it's fantastic.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts and Price Cuts

• Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | €11.99 | £10.79 €8.99 | £7.99) (Until 02/21) Latest release!
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte | €16.99 | £13.99 €12.49 | £9.99) (Permanent Decrease) Latest release!

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Tank! Tank! Tank! DLC (Namco Bandai)
    Monster Battle - Industrial Complex (€3.99 | £3.19) Latest release!
    Monster Battle - Ruins (€3.99 | £3.19) Latest release!
    My Kong (€9.99 | £7.99 €1.99 | £1.59) (Until 02/28) Latest release!
    Story Mission (€9.99 | £7.99) Latest release!
    Versus - Canyon (€1.99 | £1.59) Latest release!
    Versus - Coastal Area (€1.99 | £1.59) Latest release!
    Versus - Industrial Complex (€1.99 | £1.59) Latest release!
    Versus - Lunar Base (€1.99 | £1.59) Latest release!
    Versus - Ruins (€1.99 | £1.59) Latest release!
    Versus - Volcanic Area (€1.99 | £1.59) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Castlevania (Konami | NES | €4.99 | £4.49) Latest release!

javac

Been waiting for Chasing Aurora and Trine 2 price cuts, excellent! Time to buy (and probably never play :/)

NeoRausch

We've always been up front about the game's structure. We've never promoted it as a free game, although sometimes the platform holder has done that without our input.

The game is categorized as a free full game because of technical restrictions. We can't sell add-on content in the trial version of a game, for example, so you have to have the full game before you can buy an add-on table. But we don't want to make people buy tables they don't want as part of the "full version" before they can buy the ones they do want. So we make the "full game" free but without any content included.

oh hey, while you're here... if you do a patch for this game, could you do me a favor?

lower the sound of the startup-screen. it's just to loud.
beside that: awesome game! already bought all tables so far.
oh and greetings to your community manager barbie! she's cool on miiverse!

JavyOO7

Bro. I just saw Runner2 on Nintendo Direct. It's coming this month!! So happy. :)

EDIT: But in America at least...

Harmo Knight 3/28
Kersploosh 3/7
New Mario and Donkey Kong
New Dillon 4/11
Harvest Moon 2 games on VC coming soon

That's a pretty strong eShop line up of games coming soon!

Chairhome

3DS eshop games on sale (from Nintendo Direct)
starting
2/14 Bit Trip Saga $10
2/21 Crashmo $6
2/28 Fractured Soul $8
3/7 Sakura Samurai $5
3/14 Ketzal's Corridors $5
3/21 Mutant Mudds $6

Ban Puncher

Zelda OoT has dropped from $69.95 to $39.95 on the Australian eShop.

Meh. You can find the physical release in stores for around that price, if not less.

zroid

Banned
$10 is the price I paid for Bit.Trip Complete, lol

Tempting, still...

Harmo Knight for PAL? :(

Don't tell me its gonna be a Sakura Samurai take forever BS thing.

iirc, it was given a window for PAL when first announced for the West. It was NA which had neither release date nor window. I think they said March?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm a bit surprised the standard 3DS/WiiU/Wii/DSi download PR isn't out yet... I mean, unless the Wii U Google Maps thing is the only release this week.

JavyOO7

$10 bucks is a freaking steal for Bit.Trip Saga. Six games right now. And Runner1 is there too... <3

So America finally has that deal similar to EU did where when you buy a 3DS XL with LM2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you get either...

SM3DL
SF64
Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy
Professor Layton Miracle Mask

Valid from March 21 - April 30th.

Its a pretty good deal for those wanting to get an XL along with LM2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

iirc, it was given a window for PAL when first announced for the West. It was NA which had neither release date nor window. I think they said March?

Dunno it wasn't mentioned at all today in the Euro one unless I missed it, I feared the worst. :(

No sale either other than OoT which sucks.

Croc

Banned
Okay so when can I expect eShop to update today? I went to go buy Bit.Trip Saga and it wasn't on sale yet :(

Frolow

Banned
$10 bucks is a freaking steal for Bit.Trip Saga. Six games right now. And Runner1 is there too... <3

So America finally has that deal similar to EU did where when you buy a 3DS XL with LM2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you get either...

SM3DL
SF64
Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy
Professor Layton Miracle Mask

Valid from March 21 - April 30th.

Its a pretty good deal for those wanting to get an XL along with LM2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Does the deal work for those who already have an XL, or is it only for people who are register it, and one of those games, during the time frame?

kwheaties

Does the deal work for those who already have an XL, or is it only for people who are register it, and one of those games, during the time frame?

I believe the EU deal still worked if you already had an XL and purchased the required games, so fingers crossed....

zroid

Banned
I haven't registered my XL despite getting it in August, so I'm set, I suppose.

Now which game to redeem... I'll probably go with Art Academy.

Anyway, I'm reasonably sure that this will work retroactively for those who already registered their XLs.
edit: nope, NOA are dicks

donny2112

I haven't registered my XL despite getting it in August, so I'm set, I suppose.

Now which game to redeem... I'll probably go with Art Academy.

Anyway, I'm reasonably sure that this will work retroactively for those who already registered their XLs.

Haven't registered my XL, and will be getting Luigi's Mansion. However, already have Star Fox, Layton, and SM3DL. Don't want New Art Academy, and Freaky Forms is $20. I'm thinking it'll be better to hold onto the XL and Luigi's Mansion registration coins rather than blow 200 coins worth of stuff on Freaky Forms (which is still a ?). If there was a $40 game that I wanted and didn't already have as an option, it'd be better, but oh, well.

Brazil

I'm in a hurry right now, so I'll add the discounts and new upcoming stuff to the OP later.

These are the discounts, btw:

zI222cJ.jpg

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Wii Street U powered by Google (Nintendo | Free) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Dig Dug (Namco Bandai | NES | $4.99) Latest release!

Wii | Virtual Console

• World Heroes 2 Jet (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Moke Moke (G-Style | ? Points | $?) Latest release!

Brazil

Brazil, I read something about Dig Dug being $3.99. Am I crazy or that actually proceeds?

I did read that the other day too, but Nintendo doesn't list prices in their press release, the game isn't up on the eShop or Nintendo's official website yet, so there's no way to know for sure, haha.

All previous NES 3DS VC releases were priced at $4.99, though.

zroid

Banned
Naruto demo, huh...

Haven't registered my XL, and will be getting Luigi's Mansion. However, already have Star Fox, Layton, and SM3DL. Don't want New Art Academy, and Freaky Forms is $20. I'm thinking it'll be better to hold onto the XL and Luigi's Mansion registration coins rather than blow 200 coins worth of stuff on Freaky Forms (which is still a ?). If there was a $40 game that I wanted and didn't already have as an option, it'd be better, but oh, well.

Yeah it makes me second guess a little, but even if I use up those 200 coins now I'll probably still end up with Platinum next year regardless, so I'll go for the game. I kind of want Art Academy anyway.

ohNOitsRO

Maybe a little off-topic but... That 3DS case from the club rewards is pretty much nonexistent at this point... :( I really wanted one of those

Boney

Banned
Getting Ketzal and Mutant Mudds for sure. Got Retail Bit Trip which I barely touched, Crashmo and Sakura Samurai.
Fractured Souls is still way expensive

jmizzal

No Tank Tank Tank, No Zen pen ball 2 for NA come on now NOA

I doubt we get those next week since Monster Hunter Demo and 30 cent F-Zero comes out next week.

newfire01

Neo Member
3DS eshop games on sale (from Nintendo Direct)
starting
2/14 Bit Trip Saga $10
2/21 Crashmo $6
2/28 Fractured Soul $8
3/7 Sakura Samurai $5
3/14 Ketzal's Corridors $5
3/21 Mutant Mudds $6

Holy crap, I've been interested in all these games! Will be picking them all up most likely, cept for Sakura since I got it during the last sale... And maybe not Fractured Soul. That demo was fun but definitely clunky. Been shying away from Crashmo because I can't even finish the last set of puzzles in Pushmo, oh well I'll pick it up anyways. And finally Mutant Mudds will be mine, always loved that demo.

Top Bottom