• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

zroid

Banned
I had an odd escapade at Best Buy, while purchasing a $20 eShop card; the cashier was trying to convince me of the dangers of downloading content from the eShop, lol.

Ok, buddy.

rjc571

Banned
Great, the framerate turns to absolute shit in Bit Trip Runner level 1-11, even with 3D disabled. Not only does it constantly jump between 60 and 30 (maybe lower?), it also results in stuttering which throws off your timing. Not to mention the jittery framerate makes some of the obstacles really hard to see. With all these issues, passing level 1-11 is going to be a huge task and might not be worth the suffering I would have to go through to complete it. Visibility seems to be a probem in the other two games I tried as well. I'm really regretting my purchase, even at only 10 dollars.

zroid

Banned
Great, the framerate turns to absolute shit in Bit Trip Runner level 1-11, even with 3D disabled. Not only does it constantly jump between 60 and 30 (maybe lower?), it also results in stuttering which throws off your timing. Not to mention the jittery framerate makes the purple dot obstacles really hard to see. With all these issues, passing level 1-11 is going to be a huge task and might not be worth the suffering I would have to go through to complete it. Visibility seems to be a probem in the other two games I tried as well. I'm really regretting my purchase, even at only 10 dollars.

All of these are the reasons I made the decision to go for Complete instead of Saga, despite the allure of a portable version.

There is one over in the community section. I got the game late and the discussion was already long dead.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463399

Any thoughts on GB colour Legend of the River King by Natsume? Worthy of a purchase when it comes out?
Yeah I played the original Game Boy version back when it first came out. Not a bad little fishing game to be honest with some light RPG elements to it, there are random encounters with wildlife that will attack you such as bears and foxes and so on. The combat is pretty basic, each animal has its own weakspot and you need to time your attack to make sure its on the right spot.

Def going to be picking both Harvest Moon and River King up

Hale-XF11

I had an odd escapade at Best Buy, while purchasing a $20 eShop card; the cashier was trying to convince me of the dangers of downloading content from the eShop, lol.

Ok, buddy.

Ironically enough, one of the reasons I'm happy about going digital with retail games from now on is so I don't have to deal with cashiers who have opinions about my purchases.

Drago

So if I already have Colors 3D is Art Academy for the most part pointless?

Past that all I'd want is Star Fox and Mario 3D Land, both of which I already have, one that I would enjoy a digital version of. guess I'll get that one, if I'm even eligible in the first place. I hate PMD games and I don't know if I'll be getting LM2 before the expiration date. I probably will, but still

Drago

Thinking about it, I'd never pay $40 for digital SF643D, especially since I have a retail copy, but it would never go on sale anyways and this is the only opportunity I have to get a digital version at a preferred price of free. SF is also one of the few games that's perfect for pick up and play, benefitting from always being the system (AA doesn't have that benefit).

I could stomach paying $30 for AA since I don't have a previous copy and it's cheaper than other retail games.

I'm thinking I'll go with Star Fox then after all.

qq more

How in the holy hell did amyone ever complete Mega Man without save states?!

If you're referring to the NES games, they're not that hard!

Mega Man Dr. Wily's Revenge for the Gameboy on the other hand... let's just say this post originally had a long rant on how awful the game is but I've decided to remove it in fears of getting banned. It was meltdown levels of swearing. I hate that game.

Did anyone else download that Naruto demo? I did... yeah, no thanks, I'll pass on this game. I suppose you have to be a Naruto fan to appreciate it, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The show (Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals) is actually secretly hilarious. Gonna try the demo for myself but I'm not expecting much.

zroid

Banned
Ahh man, I had somewhat high expectations for this Naruto game after hearing it's an Inti Creates joint. Oh well :(

I'll try the demo, anyway

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wii Street U wants 3 hours to install. Anyone else run into an install time like this? None of my full fledged games took this long to install and the download was less than 100mb.

edit: Had to hard shut down the Wii U and boot it back up. Said there was an error with the install, so had to redownload it. Installed properly this time.

Great, the framerate turns to absolute shit in Bit Trip Runner level 1-11, even with 3D disabled. Not only does it constantly jump between 60 and 30 (maybe lower?), it also results in stuttering which throws off your timing. Not to mention the jittery framerate makes some of the obstacles really hard to see. With all these issues, passing level 1-11 is going to be a huge task and might not be worth the suffering I would have to go through to complete it. Visibility seems to be a probem in the other two games I tried as well. I'm really regretting my purchase, even at only 10 dollars.

That's unfortunate. I was on the fence about getting this, most reviews seemed to only dock it for the lack of multiplayer and the slow down with 3D enabled. Probably will pass.

I hate not supporting Nintendo eShop sales. But I'll definitely get Crashmo (glad I waited) and maybe Ketzal too. Hopefully they see positive results from this sale and decide to offer them more than once a year.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OoT 3D is still $40 on the eShop.

tumblr_mhq2xvyXGh1qzn13io1_500.jpg

I want to know who lied.

qq more

Wii Street U wants 3 hours to install. Anyone else run into an install time like this? None of my full fledged games took this long to install and the download was less than 100mb.

edit: Had to hard shut down the Wii U and boot it back up. Said there was an error with the install, so had to redownload it. Installed properly this time.
Only took me a few minutes to download and install. Then again my router is literally right next to the Wii U, so...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Shame about the Bit.Trip.Saga problems, but don't miss out on Core, people. It's really underrated, and extremely fun once you "get it", best in-game music in the series.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Yeah I played the original Game Boy version back when it first came out. Not a bad little fishing game to be honest with some light RPG elements to it, there are random encounters with wildlife that will attack you such as bears and foxes and so on. The combat is pretty basic, each animal has its own weakspot and you need to time your attack to make sure its on the right spot.

Def going to be picking both Harvest Moon and River King up

Sounds unique and interesting. I'll check it out, thanks!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
River King still holds up, HM GBC always had its problems (mainly the fact that it doesn't have any interaction with NPCs at all and is a straight up farming sim) and that's a problem that basically didn't get fully fixed until Friends of Mineral Town.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Then use the ridiculous Euro cash sign or whatever the heck it's called.

$ = USD people, DEAL WITH IT.
FuqnPhm.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Only took me a few minutes to download and install. Then again my router is literally right next to the Wii U, so...

Downloaded in a minute. Install had some sort of crash the first time through it looks like. Second time trying, it installed within a couple of minutes.

Qurupeke

Installation took only some minutes...

rjc571

Banned
That's unfortunate. I was on the fence about getting this, most reviews seemed to only dock it for the lack of multiplayer and the slow down with 3D enabled. Probably will pass.

I hate not supporting Nintendo eShop sales. But I'll definitely get Crashmo (glad I waited) and maybe Ketzal too. Hopefully they see positive results from this sale and decide to offer them more than once a year.

I guess it comes down to how much you like the other games. I was a big fan of Beat and Core along with Runner, so those are the three games I tried out first, and Beat and Core both seemed to perform without any major hitches. I commented yesterday that using the stylus in Beat gave me massive hand cramps, but today I went back and played it again using my thumb as a stylus instead, which improved it immensely. I did have a lot of issues seeing the beats when playing Core though. (The low res LCD causes dark colored beats to blend in with the background. The Wii version has this issue as well if you played it on an LCD TV, but on a CRT it wasn't a problem.) I haven't played the other three games on the collection yet so I can't comment on them, but the game could still be worth it for you if you're a fan.

GameE

I have a question
Is there any way I can buy a Wii U card code online? Like buying one of those pre paid cards online but instead of buying the card, I just want the code so I can redeem it now

Lizardus

Welp, bought pokemon Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro on a whim after buying White 2. It was my first foray into handheld pokemon after I had stopped playing for 9 years (last one being R/S/E).

The pokedex is pretty good. Worth the price.

Tyeforce

I actually agree with you. Hundreds here won't. How about dem call quizzes!
I agree as well. I like to compare it to those Pokédex guide books that you can buy for, like, $19.99. It has pretty much all the information you'd expect from those and it's cheaper, plus it has extras like quizzes, AR, and of course 3D models that you can view and mess around with. Not to mention that you can hear every Pokémon's cry, and all of their names are voiced over, and everything is available in a variety of different languages. Plus it has the potential to be updated for new generations and games, and I'm sure they'll update it for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Whether the update will be free or not is anyone's guess, but I doubt they'd be charging another $15, and with a guide book you'd have to pay full price for a new one.

Guys, is sonic racing for 3DS getting a demo?
It was supposed to get one before the end of 2012... Looks like it probably won't be getting one now.

People will bitch about the game's frame rate, and rightfully so because it's not as good as it should be, but it's not unplayable, and it's still a good game. Certainly not the best port, and not a very polished game (but neither is the console/PC version), but it's still a damn good kart racing game, especially if you're a SEGA fan. I have the game on both Wii U and 3DS, and I like them both. The 3DS version has StreetPass and 8-player local and online multiplayer, plus it's 3D and portable. The frame rate isn't really that terrible in comparison to the console version (the Wii U version drops to even lower frame rates when 5 people are playing at once), and it's impressive that they've managed to pretty much bring the entire console game to the 3DS without compromising content, save for less fancy graphics (which are still pretty great, albeit lacking polish).

I wouldn't recommend it over Mario Kart 7, but it's not really a bad game. If you're a fan of kart racers, it's definitely worth having in my opinion.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Naruto SD demo:

- I like the fighting system. Was difficult to adjust to the timing, though.
- Missions are too bland and repetitive. Hoping it's just a bad slice for the demo.
- I like how you can choose your own self-imposed rules for extra reward. It's a good risk/reward system: choose the easier one, get less reward; choose harder one, possibly get more reward, or get nothing if you fail.
- The humor I like from the show (Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals) is completely nonexistent. Dunno if it's the translation but it's just not the same.

Overall, I'd get it for $10, maybe $15.

Eusis

Naruto SD demo:

- I like the fighting system. Was difficult to adjust to the timing, though.
- Missions are too bland and repetitive. Hoping it's just a bad slice for the demo.
- I like how you can choose your own self-imposed rules for extra reward. It's a good risk/reward system: choose the easier one, get less reward; choose harder one, possibly get more reward, or get nothing if you fail.
- The humor I like from the show (Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals) is completely nonexistent. Dunno if it's the translation but it's just not the same.

Overall, I'd get it for $10, maybe $15.
I blindly tried and was surprised to see Inticreates made this.

... It made me wish they kept the combat system but made it into a platformer. That might have been really special, or at least fun enough for non-fans.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I blindly tried and was surprised to see Inticreates made this.

... It made me wish they kept the combat system but made it into a platformer. That might have been really special, or at least fun enough for non-fans.

Yeah. It just seems like there's no variation whatsoever, which I thought I would be OK with, but there's literally nothing else. Even if there's lots of missions, it feels like there's no content.

I'd deffo go for a platformer like this though.

Top Bottom