• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

serplux

After Golden Sun 3... I don't really trust them with it. Maybe Alpha Dream or Intelligent.

I think Camelot still has a lot of potential; I don't want them laid to waste by making Mario sports games. I feel like Sora or Genius Senority (if they expand more) could also be good picks. Nintendo needs another traditional JRPG series other than just Monolith Soft titles.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Punch-Out is on the 3DS so I thought maybe Nintendo will bring some of these over.

I really hope Nintendo isn't waiting for the next gen handheld to bring GBA games. That would suck if they wait that long.

GBA titles will come eventually; perhaps it will be announced during a Nintendo Direct later this year. It has a lot more titles I'm personally interested than the original Gameboy, and I'd hate it if I couldn't play them on the newest Nintendo handheld (even though I still own my GBA). I wonder if Sony stops making portables if we'll see PSP VC games on a future Nintendo handheld.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
BTW, I just got Chasing Aurora and wow - game's reputation of being a bland single-player experience is absolutely not deserved! Game's Time Challenge is a superb score attack mode. It's been one evening with the game and I can already see CA being among my top three score-attack time-wasters from the eShop (NAN and ZP2 being the other two). Also, the fact the game is charmingly beautiful is not helping either. The only downside of the game is the inconsistent fps on some levels, but I hope that gets addressed in the upcoming update, otherwise game is deeelicious!

BooJoh

So MH3 demo this week yeah?

This thing better have at least 30 uses... but I guess if the demo is coming to both systems at least that adds to the uses count. I'll probably be playing the demo a lot until the game comes out.

So will Balloon Fight be completely gone until the proper launch of the Virtual Console?
I think it's just going to go up in price to the standard price. I'm not sure though.

wow man, that's harsh. i'd take F-Zero over any of the other games except SM and Kirby. Fire Emblem could replace any of those others before F-Zero since the series needs all the help it can get to stay a bit relevant.

*this post is brought to you by a distressed F-Zero fan who has been waiting for a new game for 9 years*
Well said, except honestly I'd take F-Zero over any other game on the list.

zroid

Banned
Oh, I see. I don't think I've played it any other way, so I'm not sure I'll notice. Still, dat Nintendo authenticity!

You should watch that comparison video someone posted on YT. It was... illuminating.

Actually, maybe you shouldn't, it'll probably just make you angry.

StayDead

To all Japanese Wii U owners, SFC Fire Emblem is now up on the store alongside yet another Game Center CX of Arino playing it. <3333

Eusis

I wouldn't have thought we'd get Earthbound anyway. Nintendo is aware of the fans. If the game is ever to release in the US, it'll be the full VC price because Nintendo knows the fans will buy it.

I just wish they picked some other game besides Punch Out. I'd be happy with literally any other game.
And honestly, if they want any chance at it being a good indicator for how much people want it this would be the best approach. I expect most people would rush to get each of these games at 30 cents, so you'd have no idea if it's gotten just because it's cheap, or because they were eagerly waiting for it. Not unless the plan were to bring out Mother 3 on 3DS or something and to drum up support this way, but I think they would've announced such a port if that was their plan with the Mother 2 promo in the first place.

donny2112

If you fear change and refuse to accept things that are different from what you're accustomed to, you'll hate it. Otherwise you'll love it.

Considering this is the Nintendo Downloads thread, think he means Paper Mario 64 and not Paper Mario: Sticker Star. (From your response, was guessing you were referring to the "different" Sticker Star and not the original.)

Paper Mario 64 seems like exactly the game you'd think it'd be as a precursor to The Thousand Year Door. Same basic game, if a little less grandiose. If you've never played that, then it's a Mario Action RPG with a lot of character and style. Much worth playing, if you like Mario games.

Nairume

Banned
Considering this is the Nintendo Downloads thread, think he means Paper Mario 64 and not Paper Mario: Sticker Star. (From your response, was guessing you were referring to the "different" Sticker Star and not the original.)

Paper Mario 64 seems like exactly the game you'd think it'd be as a precursor to The Thousand Year Door. Same basic game, if a little less grandiose. If you've never played that, then it's a Mario Action RPG with a lot of character and style. Much worth playing, if you like Mario games.

You can purchase and download Sticker Star.

donny2112

You can purchase and download Sticker Star.

1) He said Paper Mario with no subtitle.
2) It is a current Club Nintendo reward, so it's downloadable by coins.
3) Sticker Star just came out, so it's primary distribution method is going to be retail and not as a download.

If the original poster really meant Sticker Star, then the response was appropriate. Just find it pretty unlikely considering the above points.

So I want to download Paper Mario using my club points. I have a Wii U. Does that mean I would need to go out and buy a Wii pro controller in addition to the Wii Motion Plus Remote and Pro Controller I've bought in the last 2 months, or can I use one of those? A friend was telling me that since it's technically through the Wii shop I need a new controller?

Thoughts?

ahm998

Just receive an answer from Two Tribes developer in Twitter.

I ask them why they change resolution from 1080p to 720p.

And they answered the main reason is they added more and more effect....!!!

I send for them comment:
Still this is not big reason to change resolution , please check Rayman Legends to see the difference with 1080p & 60 fps.

What do you think guys?

Nairume

Banned
So I want to download Paper Mario using my club points. I have a Wii U. Does that mean I would need to go out and buy a Wii pro controller in addition to the Wii Motion Plus Remote and Pro Controller I've bought in the last 2 months, or can I use one of those? A friend was telling me that since it's technically through the Wii shop I need a new controller?

Thoughts?
You need a classic controller to play N64 games at the moment.

You could, however, go ahead and get it now and then wait for them to upgrade it to the WiiU VC and then you can play it with the pad or the pro.

blu

Just receive an answer from Two Tribes developer in Twitter.

I ask them why they change resolution from 1080p to 720p.

And they answered the main reason is they added more and more effect....!!!

I send for them comment:
Still this is not big reason to change resolution , please check Rayman Legends to see the difference with 1080p & 60 fps.

What do you think guys?
That the comparison is useless. We don't know what the two games do or don't do at their respective resolutions.

BriBri

You need a classic controller to play N64 games at the moment.

You could, however, go ahead and get it now and then wait for them to upgrade it to the WiiU VC and then you can play it with the pad or the pro.
Yikes, I forgot about this! My old Classic Controller is at my Mums:( Does the same go for SNES games (I'm thinking A Link To The Past?). Thanks.

ahm998

That the comparison is useless. We don't know what the two games do or don't do at their respective resolutions.

Confirm!!......Wii U can't handle 1080p 2D games?

Rayman we play it with 1080p + 480p on same time and it's running with 60 fps.

Toki Tori team they should do their best for us.

blu

The only thing this confirms is that you're not familiar with the subject at hand.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Comparing a small indie dev to one of UbiSofts best teams, which had the dev-kits for a way longer time and direct support from Nintendo seems fair.

moozoom

When they looked at the game honestly and saw their mistakes :

• They re-did most of the level design instead of releasing a sub-par game
  • They considerably changed the art and added a lot of details and effects
  • They will release a level editor for the game
  • They have the honesty to acknowledge their faults and apologize for the delay (a rare feat in the industry)

I think they already are trying hard to do their best. The easy way was to release the game no matter what they really thought of it ( Did you say Aliens ?)

TakeMyGun

Neo Member
This week in Europe:

3DS eShop

NightSky (Nicalis, &#8364;9.99)

3DS eShop Retail Demo

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom, Free)

Wii U eShop demo

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte, free)

Wii U Virtual Console

F-Zero (Nintendo, &#8364;0.30)

Wii U Retail Demo

Wii U eShop Discounts

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward Technologies, &#8364;4.99, (was &#8364;9.99) until 28th February)

3DS eShop

NightSky (Nicalis, &#8364;9.99)

3DS eShop Retail Demo

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Konami, Free)

Doczu

This week in Europe:

3DS eShop Retail Demo

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Konami, Free)

To be honest i am more interested in the Castlevania demo than the MH one. Maybe it's because i know that MH won't suk, and the castlevania demo is a test if the game is worthy enough to buy it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great eShop week for PAL gamers, though i still dont understand Nicalis and their eShop pricing.

TimmiT

If it hasn't been mentioned yet here: the US version of F-Zero will be released on the European eShop, presumably in response to people complaining about 50hz.

Top Bottom