• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

Flandy

Guys I just got a Wii U and I'm now dirt poor. I have MK8, Zombi U, and Nintendoland. Need some sub $30 recommendations. I'm tempted to pick up Monster Hunter, but I feel like it'll require too much of a time investment and I won't be able to get into it

Guys I just got a Wii U and I'm now dirt poor. I have MK8, Zombi U, and Nintendoland. Need some sub $30 recommendations. I'm tempted to pick up Monster Hunter, but I feel like it'll require too much of a time investment and I won't be able to get into it

Wonderful 101

Marvie_3

Banned

Check Toys R Us if you have one near you. Their clearance sale has been pretty good for Wii U and you might be able to find some good deals.

Flandy

Check Toys R Us if you have one near you. Their clearance sale has been pretty good for Wii U and you might be able to find some good deals.

Is there anyway to check the clearance sale online? Don't want to drive for 20 minutes only to find they don't have anything

chronosic

Monster hunter is amazingggggggg

maxcriden

Go for some eShop greatness or check craigslist, eBay, Amazon or CAG for a good deal on a retail game.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is there anyway to check the clearance sale online? Don't want to drive for 20 minutes only to find they don't have anything
No — that's kind of how clearance sales work most of the time. I took a chance and went to the nearest TRU yesterday (a three-hour diversion by public transit, for me... ugh) and they were out of virtually everything good. Plenty of copies of both Wii U COD games for $15, though.

Flandy

Is Pikmin 3 a good place to start for new comers? Tempted to pick up WW HD Physically and then use my Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo thing towards Pikmin

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is Pikmin 3 a good place to start for new comers? Tempted to pick up WW HD Physically and then use my Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo thing towards Pikmin

It's the most refined Pikmin game and part of that is a nice story mode that eases you into things. I'd say it's fine for those new to the series.

steveovig

Try LEGO City.

tengiants

If you're dirt poor you should save your money. You have some good games to play until you get your next game, Monster Hunter.

I like Wonderful 101, but that type of twitch/perfectionist gameplay can also be found in Mario Kart, which you also own. Monster Hunter will be at a slower pace that should be easy to appreciate after MK and Zombi U.

Flandy

Has there been any sort of patch for AC4 on Wii U that increases performance? I feel like getting my pirate on and would love to get the Wii U version, but the digital foundry comparison I saw revealed to me that the Wii U version runs like 5 fps lower than the PS3 version

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Has there been any sort of patch for AC4 on Wii U that increases performance? I feel like getting my pirate on and would love to get the Wii U version, but the digital foundry comparison I saw revealed to me that the Wii U version runs like 5 fps lower than the PS3 version

Honestly I didn't notice the difference with the framerate. Occasionally in areas with lots of people the framerate did drop pretty badly, but I think it only happened 2-3 times in my 50 hours with the game. I'd say based on what I saw on DF, the framerate is a bit worse on the Wii U version, but the PS3 version looks worse than the 360/Wii U versions. In some cases, the Wii U version looks a bit better. I don't believe there's been any patch. at least not since January when I got the game.

I've been looking for the Downloads thread.
I bought Ittle Dew today and got burned real bad, I should have known something was up when the game didn't have an OT like Scram Kitty does.
I haven't been able to read the thread, but do we give impressions and stuff here?

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Wii Sports™ Club: Baseball + Boxing €9.99 / £8.99
To celebrate the launch of Boxing and Baseball, you can enjoy playing them and all other available sports free for 48 hours. The first time Wii Sports Club is played after the release of Boxing and Baseball, the 48-hour free play period will begin automatically. (SpotPass content must be enabled for Wii Sports Club in order to take part in the promotion. Internet connection required during play.)
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red €54.99 / £43.99
BLOK DROP U €1.49 / £1.29
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland €29.90 / £24.90

Wii U Virtual Console
Mario Power Tennis™ €6.99 / £6.29 (GBA)

3DS
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal® World Duel Carnival™ €39.95 / £34.99
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red €34.99 / £28.49
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D €19.99 / £17.99
Chibi-Robo!™ Let’s Go, Photo! Demo
Cocoro - Line Defender €3.99 / £3.59
Parking Star 3D €2.99 / £2.49
Toy Stunt Bike €4.99 / £4.49
Toy Stunt Bike Demo
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 €6.66 / £6.66

DSiWare
Anne's Doll Studio: Lolita Collection €4.99 / £4.49 / 500 Points
Anne's Doll Studio: Princess Collection €4.99 / £4.49 / 500 Points
Anne's Doll Studio: Antique Collection €4.99 / £4.49 / 500 Points

==========
Price Reductions

3DS
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Squad €3.99/ £3.59/ CHF5.60 until 13/07/14 23:59 local time.
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Battle €3.99/ £3.59/ CHF5.60 until 13/07/14 23:59 local time.
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Garden €3.99/ £3.59/ CHF5.60 until 13/07/14 23:59 local time.
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Mansion €3.99/ £3.59/ CHF5.60 until 13/07/14 23:59 local time.
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Combo-Pack €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF14.00 until 13/07/14 23:59 local time.
URBAN TRIAL FREESTYLE™ €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80 until 03/07/14 23:59 UTC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
MGS 3D on the eShop too?

Tales of the Abyss, where are you? :(

RiggyRob

How is this?

It's the RPG style game made by Camelot, isn't it? I'd say it's pretty damn good, although it's not as good compared to the superior Mario Golf version.

The mini games you play to earn the new Powershots are great for replay value, but unfortunately you can't replay the tournaments in the 'story' mode, you have to stick to the Mushroom Kingdom tournament after you've beaten them.

Flandy

Honestly I didn't notice the difference with the framerate. Occasionally in areas with lots of people the framerate did drop pretty badly, but I think it only happened 2-3 times in my 50 hours with the game. I'd say based on what I saw on DF, the framerate is a bit worse on the Wii U version, but the PS3 version looks worse than the 360/Wii U versions. In some cases, the Wii U version looks a bit better. I don't believe there's been any patch. at least not since January when I got the game.

bahh guess I'll put the money towards something else. Would rather have a high frame rate than better graphics

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's the RPG style game made by Camelot, isn't it? I'd say it's pretty damn good, although it's not as good compared to the superior Mario Golf version.

Thanks! Reading more about it, I will get it.

I can't wait to play two remotes boxing, too!

Ban Puncher

I just got a voicemail from someone at Nintendo asking me to call them back to discuss my Club Nintendo account.

Am I already dead?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Will they have online?
I'd like to think I mistakenly heard one of the Treehouse members say "No online" when I was watching the E3 stream.

The whole point of Wii Sports Club is the online part. I very much doubt it the baseball and boxing won't have online multiplayer.

Jazzem

Nice, will grab the streetpass games bundle at the discounted price! Although man is that going to give me a big 'workload' to go through every time I get ten hits...

L~A

MGS 3D on the eShop too?

Tales of the Abyss, where are you? :(

This is Bandai-Namco, it'll probably end up as the last 3DS game without a DL version (excluding shovelware and rather obscures games, of course).

Oh wait, there's Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Phew, we're safe ;)

Flandy

I just got a voicemail from someone at Nintendo asking me to call them back to discuss my Club Nintendo account.

Am I already dead?

You_are_already_dead-(n1296951764362).jpg

What did you do?

GRW810

Was literally only yesterday thinking about a sale on the Mii Plaza games. Still, not for me. Not at that price. Not my sort of thing.

I'll happily take a break from downloads this week after an active few weeks recently.

The whole point of Wii Sports Club is the online part. I very much doubt it the baseball and boxing won't have online multiplayer.

I know that's why I was like "What!??" when one of the Treehouse guys said "No" and "online" in the same sentence.
I'm pretty sure I heard him wrong, but it made me nervous.

Flandy

Do games go on sale on a weekly basis on the eShop? Have only owned my Wii U for 4 days so I don't know how they operate the eShop. Back during the Wii days I can only remember a single sale during the years I owned it. Think the Sonic VC games were 50% for whatever reason
Dunno. Maybe I should just hide under some coats, and hope that somehow everything will work out.
:lol. You didn't take advantage of the Mario Kart 8 deal and redeem like 4 different vouchers did you?

JoeM86

Do games go on sale on a weekly basis on the eShop? Have only owned my Wii U for 4 days so I don't know how they operate the eShop. Back during the Wii days I can only remember a single sale during the years I owned it. Think the Sonic VC games were 50% for whatever reason

:lol. You didn't take advantage of the Mario Kart 8 deal and redeem like 4 different vouchers did you?

Sales are determined by the publisher, not by Nintendo, so there is typically at least one thing on either console on sale each week.

Weng

I know that's why I was like "What!??" when one of the Treehouse guys said "No" and "online" in the same sentence.
I'm pretty sure I heard him wrong, but it made me nervous.
Here is the video. Baseball can be played online. Haven't watched further but I'm sure Boxing will be online as well.

Here is the video. Baseball can be played online. Haven't watched further but I'm sure Boxing will be online as well.
Thank you for that, I totally misheard what he said. lol
Yeah, I'm pretty much buying those two.
Boxing online should be pretty fun, and Baseball was great.

Ban Puncher

A buddy gave me a code for a game from their MK8 because it was for a Wii U that isn't hooked up online. On top of my own MK8 code I've redeemed a total of two codes for games.

I am history's greatest monster.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A buddy gave me a code for a game from their MK8 because it was for a Wii U that isn't hooked up online. On top of my own MK8 code I've redeemed a total of two codes for games.

image.php

I'll be interested to hear how this plays out as this is the first I've heard of this happening. Given there are plenty of people on hotukdeals who have redeemed it more than once and none of them have said anything I wonder what is going on.

gerudoman

Oh, we also get the Chibi-Robo demo too, great. I don't want to pay 13€ for a photo app, but who knows if the demo will change my mind. I REALLY want to support the franchise, but the prize and the mediocre reviews aren't helping :(

Jucksalbe

Banned
How do I know if I have expiring coins? Do all coins expire on June 30th?

When you're signed in, click on "Account & Coins" in the upper right and then on the tab "Coins & Status", there it should say if you have expiring coins.
June 30th is just when your status resets (so, how close you are to Gold or Platinum status), but you don't lose your actual coins then.

Top Bottom