• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

This week's releases:

Dang, doesn't seem like the US gets the Pushmo World discount for owning one of the 3DS games.

Of course not. NOA has NEVER given us a discount on any cross buy or promotion. Meanwhile EU and Japan constantly gets cross buy promotions, buy Pikmin; get discount on Wonderful 101 or whatever it was, etc. Zero zip nadda.

BooJoh

Of course not. NOA has NEVER given us a discount on any cross buy or promotion. Meanwhile EU and Japan constantly gets cross buy promotions, buy Pikmin; get discount on Wonderful 101 or whatever it was, etc. Zero zip nadda.

I don't think we've gotten a cross-buy promotion, but we've certainly gotten other promotions. Mostly series discounts on VC games if you buy more than one.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didn't you get the Fire Emblem x SMT 4 Deal last year? I would be glad if we in Europe at least would have gotten the game lol.

I don't think we've gotten a cross-buy promotion, but we've certainly gotten other promotions. Mostly series discounts on VC games if you buy more than one.

Didn't you get the Fire Emblem x SMT 4 Deal last year? I would be glad if we in Europe at least would have gotten the game lol.

I stand corrected...oh well. I guess I just want more; it's frustrating to see promotions in other regions not hit here. Does Nintendo think we don't know what other regions get?

Grass is always greener. That deal was crap by the way. Buy Pikmin 3 for £40 to get W101 for £28. Or, you could just buy the download codes from GAME for both for £30 each and play Pikmin 3 days early too because the clowns at NOE forgot to turn the downloads off (it was still live from review copies).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I stand corrected...oh well. I guess I just want more; it's frustrating to see promotions in other regions not hit here. Does Nintendo think we don't know what other regions get?
Well you know Nintendo is the only console manufacturer still insisting on region locking their hardware, they know that we know, but won't adjust their business strategy this generation.

rjc571

Banned
As much as I loved the original Pushmo, I'm not buying Pushmo World if there's no discount. It's essentailly being sold at a 43% markup over the Japanese and European versions. NoA needs to get their shit together and pay attention to what the other branches are doing.

maxcriden

Guacamelee:

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is scheduled to launch on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Wii U™ system from Nintendo, on July 2nd at an SRP of £11.99 / €13.99

zroid

Banned
As much as I loved the original Pushmo, I'm not buying Pushmo World if there's no discount. It's essentailly being sold at a 43% markup over the Japanese and European versions. NoA needs to get their shit together and pay attention to what the other branches are doing.

Wish I had your resolve, lol. I would probably buy this game even if it were $30.

I hate NoA but I love Pushmo more ;_;

I would like to see your working out. $10 is roughly €7.40 so from that perspective the 30% is needed to stand toe-to-toe.

Also, did you complain about how NES remix was $15 in America but only €10 in Europe and boycott those games? That is a much bigger scandal there...

Robin64

With the discount, our price is about the same as your price.

Nintendo just gave me a free copy of Windwaker for buying Mario Kart 8.

That was appreciated. :p

sörine

Banned
Japanese 3DS virtual console seems to be dead. No releases since May 7.
Yeah, it seems like support has shifted although outside PCE the platforms available seem pretty well covered for the most part.

I think the only real exception is Square Enix who hasn't bothered with their GB/GBC library yet for some reason.

rjc571

Banned
With the discount, our price is about the same as your price.

I suppose you're right, 7 Euro = $9.54. But Nintendo's pricing usually treats $1 = €1 = ¥100
Also, did you complain about how NES remix was $15 in America but only €10 in Europe and boycott those games? That is a much bigger scandal there...

I didn't know NES remix was cheaper in Europe, but I never really considered buying it anyway.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes | $6.00 until 07/03, then $14.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Farming Simulator 14 (Focus Home Interactive | $TBC) Upcoming 06/24

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus | $24.99 until 06/23, then $49.99)
  • Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios | $5.99 until 07/03, then $11.99)
  • Parking Star 3D (CIRCLE Ent. | $1.49 until 07/03, then $2.99)

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

vYU92.png

• How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit | €39.99 | £29.99)

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Super C (Konami | NES | €4.99 | £3.49)

Wii U | Sales

• Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes | €2.99 | £2.50 until 07/03, then €14.99 | £12.99)
  • Pullblox World (Nintendo | €9.99 | £8.99 | if you purchased Pullblox or Fallblox previously €6.99 | £6.29)

• How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit | €29.99 | £24.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios | €3.99 | £3.59 until 07/03, then €7.99 | £7.19)
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB | €5.99 | £5.39 until 07/17, then €7.99 | £7.19)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

daydream

Banned
Another World - 20th Anniversary?!

Did this come out of nowhere or what?

You mean the game or the console release? Game's been out for quite a while now on PC. Console ports came more or less out of nowhere in terms of release date. I think it was announced only a few days ago.

tebunker

Banned
So Armillo is coming on the 3rd of July.

After 3.5 years of development, team Fuzzy is extremely excited to announce Armillo is finally ready for you to experience July 3, 2014! With a special 3-week introductory price, you and your friends have all the more reason to snap up this lil’ Indie gem.

So prep your Wii U for a visit to the Nintendo eShop because this download-only title is primed to be this summer’s runaway hit!

This Fourth of July weekend you will be rolling (Armillo is an armadillo, after all ...eh?), bouncing, jumping, smashing, platforming and generally having the time of your life travelling through Armillo’s universe.

Available on:
Wii U (Download Only)

July 3, 2014
Europe and Americas

Introductory Price
US $6.00 / € 4.50

Regular Price
US $8.00 / € 6.00

Got that email today.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So we have for the next 2 weeks:

6/26 - Shovel Knight
6/26 - Monkey Pirates
7/2- Guacamalee Super Turbo Championship Edition
7/3 - Armillo

The eShop has been absolutely great the past couple months.

Pushmo, Shovel Knight, Armillo, Another World and Guacamelee all in the span of a few weeks? If some of that Capcom VC stuff drops in the next couple a months as well, the summer months seem to be surprisingly packed.

Now, about TG16 support, Nintendo...

Madao

when i logged in to download Pushmo, i was like "where's my discount?"

it wasn't long until "LOL NoA" popped in my mind.

i'm so mad at these idiots. i might invest in learning japanese and importing from japan for next gen since this bull is annoying.

Refyref

when i logged in to download Pushmo, i was like "where's my discount?"

it wasn't long until "LOL NoA" popped in my mind.

i'm so mad at these idiots. i might invest in learning japanese and importing from japan for next gen since this bull is annoying.

That won't really help you, since only Europe got the Pushmo World discount. Japan got the same thing as NA, a discount on Pushmo/Crashmo.

NOA is really the worst Nintendo region management and marketing wise. Reggie strikes me as a very bland, conservative styled manager at times (it's doubtful Earthbound would have been released here if it weren't for Iwata and Itoi taking notice and actively aknowledging the Miiverse campaign). I'm guessing no cross buy discounts and things like EU getting a choice of ten games for the MK 8 promo vs only 4 choices for the U.S. is his doing.

jmizzal

So we have for the next 2 weeks:

6/26 - Shovel Knight
6/26 - Monkey Pirates
7/2- Guacamalee Super Turbo Championship Edition
7/3 - Armillo

The eShop has been absolutely great the past couple months.

Wii Sports Club Boxing and Baseball next week as well plus 48 hours free for all sports

Top Bottom