• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Wii Sports Club Boxing and Baseball next week as well plus 48 hours free for all sports

Oh I didn't realize they were releasing sooner. Cool about the 48 hours free. Not sure whether I'll have time to play them though unless it's on a weekend.

tebunker

Banned
So we have for the next 2 weeks:

6/26 - Shovel Knight
6/26 - Monkey Pirates
7/2- Guacamalee Super Turbo Championship Edition
7/3 - Armillo

The eShop has been absolutely great the past couple months.

I am pretty much getting all of these, not to mention Teslagrad, Assault Android Cactus and others that should be coming soon.

Nintendo would be smart to actually do some bigger eshop marketing in general and highlight all of these games in traditional channels. It shows Indies they are supporting them and it shows owners and potential owners that there are a lot of games out there even if they are bite sized games.

I know I am weird though I would prefer to have 4 good to great indie titles @$15 to one $60 AAA game in general, Nintendo games getting first preference obv and maybe the rare 3rd party title, but why not wait and buy those in the bargain bins 3 months after launch?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Boom done! Bought!!

img_20140619_190701aooah.jpg

img_20140619_190925r6p32.jpg

Azuran

Banned
I got a bunch of VC games today and Resident Evil since I just found out it was on sale. I had to go out and buy a new SD Card because it was too big to my meager 4GB one.

BooJoh

Has anyone bought Another World on 3DS and can confirm if it's in 3D? It doesn't have the 3D tag on the eShop and none of the few screens on Miiverse are 3D.

Oh no, that sucks! Does he say why? I can't see Twitter at work. :(

Nope, someone asked in an unrelated post when it's coming and he just replied with "Q4."

I got a new 3DS XL for my Dad for his birthday (he has worn out his old one lol).

Just checking, if I do a system transfer it will bring over digital full game saves too right?

He has like 800hrs of Animal Crossing (and still playing!) that I don't want him to lose!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I got a new 3DS XL for my Dad for his birthday (he has worn out his old one lol).

Just checking, if I do a system transfer it will bring over digital full game saves too right?

He has like 800hrs of Animal Crossing (and still playing!) that I don't want him to lose!
Yes, everything gets transfered.... Software, playtime, save games, Street-pass data and so on.

Just be careful to move any DSiWare games to the SD card, or you will lose their save data and have to redownload them. I learned this the hard way.

i heard that animal crossing is special case, that the save data is hardware locked , but dont take my word for it, ask nintendo, they are really helpful

zigg

i heard that animal crossing is special case, that the save data is hardware locked , but dont take my word for it, ask nintendo, they are really helpful
Animal Crossing does have tamper-resistant saves—as far as I know, a token is stored both on a system and in the save to prevent it from being backed up or modified—but I am pretty sure the official transfer process works just fine. Hopefully someone who's done it can verify.

maxcriden

I think we need to start an NOA Murasame hashtag campaign or something. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone ask Nintendo about it during E3.

teeg

Animal Crossing does have tamper-resistant saves—as far as I know, a token is stored both on a system and in the save to prevent it from being backed up or modified—but I am pretty sure the official transfer process works just fine. Hopefully someone who's done it can verify.

I did a system transfer to a Zelda XL that had an eShop download of Animal Crossing on the original system and it worked as expected with the full save file. Just remember to move the SD card over after the Pikmin have done all their hard work.

JavyOO7

When I did my digital transfer from 3ds to 3ds XL, my ACNL save came over just fine. So did everything else. I know there's something special about DSi games though, I just forget.

tuffy

When I did my digital transfer from 3ds to 3ds XL, my ACNL save came over just fine. So did everything else. I know there's something special about DSi games though, I just forget.
DSiWare gets stored in the small amount of 3DS internal memory, separate from the stuff on the SD card. As I remember, those games do get transferred over but their saves do not.

donny2112

DSiWare gets stored in the small amount of 3DS internal memory, separate from the stuff on the SD card. As I remember, those games do get transferred over but their saves do not.

Their saves get transferred when going from 3DS to 3DS. The saves are lost when going from DSi to 3DS, though. Probably because it's easier to hack the save on DSi, so they don't want that coming over.

Marvie_3

Banned
sörine;117420560 said:
With Super Dodge Ball my 3DS now has all the English Kunio games except Nintendo World Cup. And maybe Crash N the Boys Ice Challenge if there's a finished version floating around out there somewhere.

You mean Konami. :(

I'd pay a lot of money if this showed up on the eshop.

joedick

What is up with people acting like Nintendo never gives deals because there isn't like a 30% on Pushmo? Don't get me wrong, I would love love love crossbuy, but I've gotten so much free/cheap stuff from them since getting my 3DS/Wii U.

- Excitebike 3D for logging into the eshop
- 10 NES + 10 GBA games (ambassador program)
- All the other 3D Classics from Club Nintendo
- Zelda: 4 Swords
- six (or however many) SNES/NES games for 30 cents each
- Wii Fit U free with pedometer
- Wii Party U free with Mario Kart
- Pokémon free for registration
- Donkey Kong: Arcade Edition for registering a game

Plus Bayonetta 1 soon and hopefully Brain Age. I know some of you may contest some of these, like the ambassador games, but I wasn't expecting them and they're nice to have. Or the Club Nintendo ones, since people seem to think they're owed better games for less coins. Again, I'd love a greater number of sales with more significant discounts, but the idea that Nintendo is this inconsiderate company for not giving a discount that Europe got is nuts.

rjc571

Banned
What is up with people acting like Nintendo never gives deals because there isn't like a 30% on Pushmo? Don't get me wrong, I would love love love crossbuy, but I've gotten so much free/cheap stuff from them since getting my 3DS/Wii U.

Plus Bayonetta 1 soon and hopefully Brain Age. I know some of you may contest some of these, like the ambassador games, but I wasn't expecting them and they're nice to have. Or the Club Nintendo ones, since people seem to think they're owed better games for less coins. Again, I'd love a greater number of sales with more significant discounts, but the idea that Nintendo is this inconsiderate company for not giving a discount that Europe got is nuts.

I just want consistency between regions. When Japanese and European gamers get a discount for owning Pushmo but I don't, I feel like I'm being ripped off.

Feb 18, lol...
Yeah it's probably going to take a while... we first heard of Fantasy Life trademark in March-April 2013.

Youkai Watch should be easier and faster to localize though.

By the way, who handled Inazuma Eleven and Professor Layton? I have the impression that Level-5 America only works in small games like the Guild series.

Nintendo is overloaded with games of their own and third-parties, lol. :(

Muzy72

Banned
Yeah it's probably going to take a while... we first heard of Fantasy Life trademark in March-April 2013.

Youkai Watch should be easier and faster to localize though.

By the way, who handled Inazuma Eleven and Professor Layton? I have the impression that Level-5 America only works in small games like the Guild series.

Nintendo is overloaded with games of their own and third-parties, lol. :(

Pretty sure the Treehouse does Layton. Not sure about Inazuma Eleven, they might have re-used NOE's localization? Since Nintendo is publishing Fantasy Life and has a history of publishing Level 5 games in the west I wouldn't be shocked to see them publish Youkai Watch as well.

Shiiiiit -- SMTIV for $25? I'm sure you would all recommend at that price?

I've been interested in that game for a long time, but I absolutely suck and difficult and complicated RPGs so I've never been willing to pay full price.

Are there any good indie/virtual console MetroidVania-type games on the Wii U eShop? I got Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid already

wilflare

I missed the free Wii Fit U... was away :/
when I got home to register the meter, I was like an hour late

KarmaCow

First person to quote me gets a choice between Electroplankton Rec-Rec or Kirby's Dream Land for the 3DS. Got coins expiring with nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

edit: And done.

Top Bottom