• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS - TARGET - First Come First Serve

olimario

Banned
So I've already been told that the Target will be First-Come-First Serve with the Nintendo DS. What I'm wondering is the following...

-Will it absolutely, for sure, 100% be there on Sunday morning?
-Will there be a crowd of angry soccor moms queuing to get it?

Not that I would care about either if I was going for myself, but I'll be on the road that morning and my girlfriend offered to pick it up for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's probably already there
And whoever is lining up for a NDS is gonna be disappointed total

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
olimario said:
I'll be traveling to St. Louis for Thanksgiving.

On Sunday?

Okay, maybe I should try to be more understanding of your genius.
Seriously though, you're leaving for thursday on sunday?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
olimario said:
So I've already been told that the Target will be First-Come-First Serve with the Nintendo DS. What I'm wondering is the following...

Not that I would care about either if I was going for myself, but I'll be on the road that morning and my girlfriend offered to pick it up for me.

I guess you're getting this information from me. I called a couple of times and this is what they told me. They haven't specified how many units they're getting in, but i'm going to try to get that info out of them before launch. My store opens at 8am and i plan to be standing outside around 7:30am just to make sure, unless i hear there is an overwhelming demand.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I didn't bother pre-ordering, but now I kind of want one, so I guess I'll be up early Sunday morning trying all the places where I doubt they do pre-orders.

Damn it's gonna suck when I can't get one.

olimario

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
On Sunday?

Okay, maybe I should try to be more understanding of your genius.
Seriously though, you're leaving for thursday on sunday?

Yes. I get the week off and will be spending all of it with my family in St. Louis.

Sho Nuff

Banned
You'd better get Mom to drive you to the Target the night before at about 9PM. Be sure to go to the one in the bad part of town because you'll, uh, be more likely to get a DS.

Priz

olimario said:

I did Target for the cube launch. The "soccer moms" had bought up every system, controller, memory card, and 80% of the launch titles (only things left were crap, but they were still buying that) at 8:05am, so I didn't get anything. I hit Jack in the Box for some quick breakfast then headed to Fry's which openned at 9 and got a cube, Monkey Ball and a Memory Card. Went home and back to sleep. Got up later and while at the Grocery Store, went to the Toys R Us next door around 3pm. They still had over a dozen of each color systems in stock.

So I don't know how big the rush will be on DS's... if you'll still be able to get them at certain places throughout the week/before xmas or what... or if you don't buy one early on Sunday morning, you're screwed through the end of the year.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
olimario said:
Yes. I get the week off and will be spending all of it with my family in St. Louis.

Lousy non-working punk!
Well, enjoy it while you can. Wish I could see my family

olimario

Banned
TRU is another FCFS type of place?
If so, our TRU is right by our Target, so I'll ask her to check there if her luck runs out at Target.

RevenantKioku

We haven't been preselling the DS.
You're probably better off at TRU than Target. People never seem to realize we sell games.

aoi tsuki

Priz said:
I did Target for the cube launch. The "soccer moms" had bought up every system, controller, memory card, and 80% of the launch titles (only things left were crap, but they were still buying that) at 8:05am, so I didn't get anything. I hit Jack in the Box for some quick breakfast then headed to Fry's which openned at 9 and got a cube, Monkey Ball and a Memory Card. Went home and back to sleep. Got up later and while at the Grocery Store, went to the Toys R Us next door around 3pm. They still had over a dozen of each color systems in stock.

So I don't know how big the rush will be on DS's... if you'll still be able to get them at certain places throughout the week/before xmas or what... or if you don't buy one early on Sunday morning, you're screwed through the end of the year.
i guess it depends on the area. i stopped by Target GC at 8a launch day to check out their stock. They had everything, even first party accessories for five dollars cheaper than we did. i went to work, and after we ran out of systems (which was mostly presales anyways), i directed people to Target.

lexi

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
We haven't been preselling the DS.
You're probably better off at TRU than Target. People never seem to realize we sell games.

Good deals too! Managed to pick up an SP with Headphones, adapter for $99 at TRU last week.

RevenantKioku

lockii said:
Good deals too! Managed to pick up an SP with Headphones, adapter for $99 at TRU last week.

I seriously wonder how many of those bundles we're gonna get returned when the DS hits.

lexi

Banned
DIrtyWeasel said:
You didn't want to put down another $50 and get a DS (which can play GBA games) instead?

That's $99 Canadian. And I already have 2 DS's preordered and prepaid.

Celicar

Banned
Thanks for the tip, oli. I will probably swing by to pick up another DS. I'm going to sell a bunch on ebay for massive profits (I hope).

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I wish I had a girlfriend.

olimario, when you start a thread about the DS, and you get Gahiggidy replying about your girlfriend, you have to realize how embarassingly transparent you're making things.

Willco

Hollywood Square
<Willco> I think if his girlfriend ever dumps him, he'll bludgeon himself to death with his GameCube.

I said that online. True story.

olimario

Banned
Mike Works-
You know as well as I do that I could have put down just about anything and people would have shifted the focus of this thread to my girlfriend regardless.

It used to be I used her name too much, so I stopped that and starting saying 'girlfriend'. Now when post a thread and she really does play a role in what I'm posting, people still jump all over it.

Had I put down 'somebody' in the original post, I still would have been met with the "Well, I know who that SOMEBODY is... You're so transparent" comments.

olimario said:
Mike Works-
You know as well as I do that I could have put down just about anything and people would have shifted the focus of this thread to my girlfriend regardless.

It used to be I used her name too much, so I stopped that and starting saying 'girlfriend'. Now when post a thread and she really does play a role in what I'm posting, people still jump all over it.

Had I put down 'somebody' in the original post, I still would have been met with the "Well, I know who that SOMEBODY is... You're so transparent" comments.
Here's a tip for you, genius. Next time, type;

olimario said:

Do you see how the whole girlfriend part is really inconsequential to the entire thread/situation? You would've gotten the exact information that you desired. No one would've cared, nor considered, if it were you or your girlfriend or your neighbor or your priest or NASA or anyone else picking up the game.

It just takes common sense to get past such a simple hurdle. Hopefully the monkeys your dad sends into space will come back with a cure for whatever makes you type this shit.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mike Works said:
It just takes common sense to get past such a simple hurdle. Hopefully the monkeys your dad sends into space will come back with a cure for whatever makes you type this shit.

:lol

olimario

Banned
Why is it shit, Mike? It's not my fault this board completely overreacts to the slightest hint of my personal information or circumstance. It's really a non-issue that I toss a bit of that into my threads.

olimario said:
Why is it shit, Mike?
olimario said:
Mike Works-
That's some shit right there, you said they would've focused on your girlfriend regardless, as I pointed out in my previous post.

olimario said:
It's not my fault this board completely overreacts to the slightest hint of my personal information or circumstance.
Well hey, look, there's more shit. It is your fault. You started the issue by relentlessly bombarding the Off Topic Forum with horrendously inane pieces of personal information and social bragging, and you continue it by bringing The One of Which We Should Not Speak up for no reason what so ever, as referenced in this very thread!

olimario said:
It's really a non-issue that I toss a bit of that into my threads.
It is an issue. Remember when I told you to stop because it keeps derailing threads- be it your own or others? Others seem to think it's an issue too, else "people wouldn't shift the focus of this thread to your girlfriend regardless".

astronaut.gif

BuddyC

Matlock said:
Pfft, I make threads about the current girl in my life, but at least mine is good-looking.
PICS!

This thread is a clusterfuck of massive proportions.

Seriously though, pics.

Matlock

Banned
None online, but I can tell you that she looks decent from the front, and not just from the back.

Also of note, she looks like she passed adolescence, which is more than I can say about Gary's girl.

BuddyC

I love how his girlfriend still gets all the GAF attention, cause you know, it's not like he put up nude pictures of himself.

Top Bottom