• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

siege

Banned
Red Steel looks like shit. Either that guy playing really sucks or the control isn't as tight as it should be.

The graphics are very underwhelming and it seems as if there is some slowdown in parts.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Wii really intrigues me seeing it played. The only way to find out for sure is to actually play the damn thing. Potential Wii purchase with receipt in safe box +10.

Johnas

Polari said:
Some of those textures in Red Steel are appalling.

I agree, still looks really fun though.

I honestly though MP3 would look a little better, it looks exactly the same to me. The areas were pretty gray and all, still can't wait for it though.

Zelda really looks great.

bluemax

Banned
pringles said:
I think the zelda difficulty thing was just for the E3 demo... So no need to think the full game will be easier than WW.

I'm pretty sure they said it was for the demo so that people at E3 could experience the full demo.

Looks like a good bit of fun to me, it's nothing super impressive but controlling it looks fun and the visuals are pretty decent enough.

Soul4ger

I like how some people just keep talking about the graphics. IT'S NOT AS POWERFUL. GET OVER IT.

But, yes, turning does look slow. When the dude was being shot from behind in the slots room, I thought for sure he was dead, it took him so long to spin. I hope you can increase the sensitivity.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Its good to see that this guy likes breaking glass in games just as much as I do!

Kolgar

Red Steel looks surprisingly good.

Quick footage of Rayman looked pretty good, too. And Tony Hawk wasn't half as bad as those scans.

This is the best Nintendo conference in years, I think.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
character moves quite slowly. I hope they increase the sensitivity of the aiming and turning too. but the game looks sweet, shame there's no limb severing

Stench said:
Very, very ugly game...

god stfu troll. it is far from being very very ugly

Sean

Banned
Not too impressed with Red Steel. The controls look weird, this guy is the designer of the game and seems to be having trouble moving around and shooting and stuff.

I love how the arm gets 4 feet longer when he aims way left/right and at the top of the screen

I'm not an FPS fan, though, so i'm more interested in Mario and FFCC

Tiktaalik

Red Steel looks pretty cool but it's controls really need work. Did you see how slowly the guy turned around in the elevator? Really slow movement.

Foil

Red Steel looks really sluggish.

Mario, Zelda, and Sonic look great. Metroid needs a lot of graphical work.

Everything else has been pretty average.

Wow, trap door in the stage. Heh.

Red Steel looks "okay" at this point IMO.

Hahaha "Independent sources put sales of the PSP at millions less. MILLIONS LESS."

Kuroyume

Banned
Soul4ger said:
I like how some people just keep talking about the graphics. IT'S NOT AS POWERFUL. GET OVER IT.

But, yes, turning does look slow. When the dude was being shot from behind in the slots room, I thought for sure he was dead, it took him so long to spin. I hope you can increase the sensitivity.

It didn't even look as good as some of the best looking XBOX games. The gameplay looked boring too.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
wake me when the ds portion is over

all in all, wii looks good - of course all they had to do was show mario, link and samus and e3 was over for most of you.

Haklong

Graphics aren't the best but the gameplay looks interesting. Turning seems to be a concern but we will see. I would rather have a fun game instead of a nice graphical showcase and get bored halfway through it.

Top Bottom