• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Heian-kyo said:
Try it maybe, but BUY it?

Nintendo has shown nothing but what they've always had, except this time with a new controller. I think Mario looks great, and Zelda of course, but everything else was kinda underwhelming. Some neat stuff here and there (FF:CC looks pretty good, but too early to say), but nothing is beyond the norm.

And I find it pretty ridiculous that some folks in here are clamoring for Nintendo's old franchises after lamenting on Sony for the 'same ol', same ol' just yesterday.

Anyways, I still want to see more specifics on the controller, but so far it looks pretty decent.

If you want the high end of technology, you know how much to pay :D

The audience is more responsive over a tennis game that looks crappy than all the amazing graphics at the Sony conference. Sony's philosophy put to shame right there.

Deku

Banned
Like I already said, the Wii sports titles are based on the early 'simple' sports games on the Famicom. The tennis game for example even borrows the same look of the Tennis court.

Did they just skip out on exact price point and exact launch date or did I just miss that all together?

I got "fourth quarter 2006" and "cheap" but nothing else.

karasu

AzureRonin said:
The audience is more responsive over a tennis game that looks crappy than all the amazing graphics at the Sony conference. Sony's philosophy put to shame right there.

haha yeah right. They were responding more to the fact that their icons were onstage playing a game and making jokes than anything else.

Shit, it's over? No GBA stuff? No demonstration of Mario? No real details on online play? No FUCKING SMASH BROS.?

Still, those are minor complaints, and that was an absolutely amazing press conference.

Polari

Why the fuck didn't they demo Mario? Ending on tennis was the most retarded thing ever.

Overall, a little disappointing. You can tell the crowd wasn't really feeling it either.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
wow finished already.

totally owned Sony's conference. now we just need to wait for the impressions.

ive got a feeling titles like wii sports are going to be budget priced to shift as many addictive copies as possible

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wii looks like a lot of fun,I want it now,but the 26 year old in me says I'll look like a fool playing.

Much better showing than Sony had thats for sure,atleast I could laugh watching this one.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Props to neoGAF for holding together throughout the whole conference
clapping.GIF

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!

That was AWESOME! Only disappointment is no Smash Bros, but when you have Mario, Zelda and Metroid, you can't let that get you down!

Mario and Zelda look brilliant, the new games look interesting though we'll have to see how the play, Metroid looks good as ever but I'll wait and see juts how much the wiimote adds (obviously just being able to look around is good). Sonic looks...traditional! Woohoo! I cannot WAIT to play Tennis and Golf...and for the first time ever, I'm interested in the a baseball game too.

The DS though....oh baby, possibly even better. Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox and Yoshi's Island 2? Yoshi's Island 2?! Someone get me some water, I might pass out.

Hero

Everything they showed for Wii looked awesome.

Super Mario Galaxy at launch please! Fire Emblem looks hot.

Tennis demo for the fucking win right there.

Some concerns though:

Traditional controller shell not shown.

Smash Bros. not shown

LOL as minimalist as the graphics are ... Wii Sports looks like a SHIT TON of fun :lol

Tennis/Golf/Baseball in the same package?

That's going to be a great party game.

Fire Emblem Wii looked wicked btw.

And Star Fox DS! Yesssss!

Aurora

No Smash Brothers and very little Super Mario Galaxy :(
I was expecting Miyamoto to hog Mario for an hour.
Zelda should have been given more time too - I wanted to see more fishing.

Also: very little DS footage! Where was FF:CC DS etc.?

Guess we have to wait till tomorrow?

I think that EGM article leaking earlier screwed up some of their pricing plans. Also, with the PS3's huge shocker of a price. That had some role. They might make the system a little cheaper now

No Smash Bros is a huge letdown, but MARIOO. Also, two Zeldas hurts my wallet. I was not planning on getting a Wii at launch. I can throw my fucking Gamecube out a window now. Fuck.

Johnas

Man, I am so glad I got off work early to catch this conference live, it was totally worth it. Can't wait for the Wii.

Still a shame Metroid Dread was a no-show. Maybe it really did get canned back then. Sad to think we might never see another 2D Metroid game.

Still shocked at that Yoshi's Island 2 news, so cool. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid on Wii all look nice.

Great show for Nintendo overall.

Top Bottom