• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Caramello

Alright so Yoshi is June (for best region), Devil's Third is August, and Mario Maker is September?

Yes to the above

I predict that Xenoblade X will be coming October, Star Fox November, and Animal Crossing U will be announced for December.

This line up would not surprise me although having Super Mario Sunshine HD this holiday would also make sense to me being Mario's 30th Anniversary. I could see Animal Crossing pushed to the first half of 2016 if that's the case.

EAD Tokyo's next project (that is not necessarily Mario) will be announced for 2016, and end up taking the big May slot like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon did.

I don't see this unless it's a smaller title like Captain Toad. Obviously it won't be the flagship game of the first half of 2016 in that case. I think they're working on the next main 3D Mario for NX launch.

Metroid U will be announced for 2016, Retro Studios.

I don't think we'll see a Metroid on Wii U this year. 3DS is a different story though. Also I don't anticipate Retro being ready to show their next game whatever it may be.

The Legend of Zelda on track for 2016, but no other info to share.

Yup.

Then we'll be getting the final Smash amiibo later in the year (Falco, G&W, ROB, Duck Hunt), Fox and Falco compatible with Star Fox U.

Sure, we'll also get DLC character Amiibo in the future.

Animal Crossing amiibo releasing alongside the game.

Sure.

More DLC on the way. After the Splatoon content rollout ends in August, two packs will be releasing in November and February.
Mario Kart 8 DLC packs 3 and 4 coming in December and March. Kirby in pack 3, and Inklings in pack 4.

I don't think we'll hear about Splatoon DLC at E3. We'll get that info in a Direct later this year. One DLC pack in November and one in April. I'm not sure about Mario Kart 8 DLC. wouldn't surprise me either way if it's announced or not.

Also I could see Next Level Games developing Luigi's Mansion 3 for Wii U as the flagship title for Wii U in May 2016. Could also be a holiday 2016 title or moved to NX depending on development progress and strategic decisions.

Also I could see Next Level Games developing Luigi's Mansion 3 for Wii U as the flagship title for Wii U in May 2016. Could also be a holiday 2016 title or moved to NX depending on development progress and strategic decisions.

I feel like EAD Tokyo is in a weird position.

If they wait until NX launch for their next main title, it'll have been 4 years since 3D World (assuming a holiday 2017 launch), and with how fast their turnover has been to this point (3D Land was ~1.5 years after Galaxy 2, and 3D World ~2 years after that) they'd be sitting on the finished game for like a year or more.

I'm firmly in camp #believe for them showing at E3 this year.

Also yeah, forgot about Next Level. They're a lock and I think they'll have an early 2016 game. Likely a new Punch-Out or Luigi's Mansion but I'd prefer to see them take on another IP (like F-Zero).

Oddish1

I think Next Level Games might be working on Punch Out. The Wii version was successful, and recently Nintendo released it on the Wii U. Plus, I think there was a Linkedn profile of an NLG programmer who did online programming for a secret project and one of the cut features for Punch Out Wii was online multiplayer.

Caramello

I feel like EAD Tokyo is in a weird position.

If they wait until NX launch for their next main title, it'll have been 4 years since 3D World (assuming a holiday 2017 launch), and with how fast their turnover has been to this point (3D Land was ~1.5 years after Galaxy 2, and 3D World ~2 years after that) they'd be sitting on the finished game for like a year or more.

That's only if you believe NX is that far away. I feel like a holiday 2016/first half 2017 launch is more likely than holiday 2017. Having said that, another smaller title makes sense because it means the next 3D Mario has fewer developers working on it which gives reason for the longer development time.

I'm firmly in camp #believe for them showing at E3 this year.

Also yeah, forgot about Next Level. They're a lock and I think they'll have an early 2016 game. Likely a new Punch-Out or Luigi's Mansion but I'd prefer to see them take on another IP (like F-Zero).

I lean towards Luigi's Mansion over Punch-Out due to the fact Luigi's Mansion 2 sold something like 5 million units compared to Punch-Out which sold around 1 million on a much larger install base. I also suspect Luigi's Mansion 3 would be more likely to sell hardware than Punch-Out. I'd be more than happy with a new IP or another strong selling Nintendo IP too.

Rodin

Yeah, probably not anything major. They'll be quiet on the surprising stuff until Tuesday.
I think Mario Maker is pretty major to them.

I lean towards Luigi's Mansion over Punch-Out due to the fact Luigi's Mansion 2 sold something like 5 million units compared to Punch-Out which sold around 1 million on a much larger install base. I also suspect Luigi's Mansion 3 would be more likely to sell hardware than Punch-Out. I'd be more than happy with a new IP or another strong selling Nintendo IP too.
There are few games i'd love to see more than Luigi's Mansion 3 on Wii U. If they go back to a single, big mansion with fresh new ideas in each room the game could turn out to be fantastic. Graphics (lighting in particular) should be amazing too. Of course then if they are on Punch Out or something like Wario or a new ip i'd be happy as well but i'd really love to see Luigi.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I think we see EAD releasing a big expansion to 3D World containing remixes of classic worlds from 64, Sunshine and the Galaxy titles to celebrate the 30th anniversary, with FLUDD and Cap power ups. It wouldn't take their focus off the NX Mario game but would be similar scale to Captain Toad.

Super Mario 3D Remix/All Stars

AniHawk

We won't really know if they've been "scrapping for a lineup" until we've seen it, but I agree that they could have saved things like Chibi Robo or Bravely Second to pad out their conference.

chibi-robo is one of those things that feels like they're scrapping for a lineup - taking really tiny properties and giving them a level of attention that would raise awareness and interest when instead they probably would have gone unnoticed as a digital title. chibi-robo is a pretty dull looking platform to sell as a retail game but holy shit an amiibo! it's the sort of thing that may give the game 20,000 sales at retail instead of 5,000 sales digitally.

other stuff they're bringing out between now and next may (presumably):

wii u
devil's third - rescue title that no one else wanted
yoshi's woolly world - one of january 2013's early teases and one of the few games still set to release that was in production before the wii u had launched
xenoblade chronicles x - localization of a game that's been released in japan
fatal frame - localization of a game that's been released in japan
star fox - perhaps the only big-budget game to enter production after the failure of the wii u was well-known to nintendo
project guard and project robot - n64 titles dug out of the trash and may be parts of fuller games
smt x fe - one of january 2013's early teases and one of the few games set to release that was at least in pre-production before the wii u had launched. the fact it was shown in a north american direct indicates to me it should be out before next e3
mario maker - probably includes a full mario game in there, but also something that probably took fewer resources to develop.
art academy wii u - digital only title that probably took few resources for development compared to some of the other games coming out

pokken tournament - probably the only unannounced wii u game people are expecting, developed by bandai namco

3ds
fire emblem if - a high budget fire emblem game from pretty much any perspective, but not built 100% from the ground up considering awakening was probably a base
chibi-robo - 2d platfomer with an amiibo exclusively attached to a retail edition of the game
bravely second - localization of a japanese release
lbx - localization of a japanese release
hyrule warriors - 3ds port of a wii u game
pokemon super dungeon - outsourced title from spike chunsoft
yo-kai watch - localization of an old japanese title

it's not an especially bare release schedule from nintendo. they usually publish about 20 games in a year on average, which would mean one could expect about another four titles in addition to the 15 above. maybe three if we assume zelda was removed after having been set as a wii u game for a very long time.

and the real kicker is:

-no zelda
-no nx
-no mobile
-no quality of life talk

so while their resources are being spread across multiple endeavors, they're still focusing on 3ds and wii u, which are not exactly their future.

The fact they have reiterated a number of times that it'll be heavily focused on games releasing this year and very early 2016/ games that will be launching in the "near future"..

...does make me wonder how much new content will be shown. They have already announced pretty much every game I'd expect for this year for Wii U.

Art Academy/Yoshi in June/July,
Devil's Third in August,
Mario Maker in September,
Fatal Frame in October? (pre-Halloween),
Starfox in November...

...with Xenoblade X and Project Guard, Project Giant Robot supposedly being squeezed in somewhere else (assuming the project games aren't part of Starfox ).

I'd expect one big reveal for November/December due to the lack of Zelda and the Tantalus game for around the same time (although if the Tantalus game is a Nintendo themed Minecraft as some have predicted ...that may be their big holiday game) and probably an announcement for a couple minor early 2016 titles and their big Spring game.

I'm sort of expecting DLC announcements, Indie games (like FAST Racing) and a couple of big 3DS announcements (Pokémon z..maybe a Mario or Metroid) to make up the majority of new stuff...I know Retro and Next Level should have something to announce for Wii U..but I'm not sure if that'll happen yet.

i would be surprised if they announced dlc at the digital event. they would clearly be out of announcements at that point. i think a 2015 pokemon game is not out of the question, and it might be time for another metroid game (3ds makes more sense than wii u). the digital event is more geared to the western market, which might explain the japanese direct from a little while ago. they might take the time to more fully show off games already announced, with star fox as the big upcoming title.

it'll essentially be a retread of info when next year is going to be a huge blowout of news by comparison. or at least, it should be with the new platform launching in november.

TheMoon

lol @ that 4chan list

the guy who made it cares enough to use the grey logo and know the EAD team names but isn't clever enough to realize that Nintendo never mentions the EAD groups with any distinctions like we do. or that SMTxFE is developed by ATLUS and IntSys only has a copyright credit.

maybe next year we'll get a leak list that could pass as legit (despite the fact that there will never be a printed out line-up that will leak like that).

Volotaire

Please point out if there are any other journalist outlets or websites that have extensive E3 schedules that I may have missed. GT does not have a concrete schedule this year.

wii u
star fox - perhaps the only big-budget game to enter production after the failure of the wii u was well-known to nintendo
project guard and project robot - n64 titles dug out of the trash and may be parts of fuller games
smt x fe - one of january 2013's early teases and one of the few games set to release that was at least in pre-production before the wii u had launched. the fact it was shown in a north american direct indicates to me it should be out before next e3.

There's a certain amount of hyperbole I'm willing to deal with, but some of your points are incredibly silly or just straight up wrong.

Also just because something is a localisation, that doesn't make it worthless.

AniHawk

There's a certain amount of hyperbole I'm willing to deal with, but some of your points are incredibly silly or just straight up wrong.

Also just because something is a localisation, that doesn't make it worthless.

they're not worthless, they just require fewer resources. nintendo japan doesn't have to worry about delivering new content for western territories if noe and noa can work on third-party titles that probably wouldn't have released there otherwise.

the whole point is that nintendo right now is spread really thin across qol (hardware + software), mobile (software), 3ds + wii u (software), and nx (hardware + software). since 2014 they've been sort of letting the 3ds coast on by with third-party games, smash bros., and pokemon, and the wii u's lineup has more than a few games that seemed to be made with an extremely lower budget in mind - stuff like captain toad, nes remix, and wii sports club in particular.

they're not worthless, they just require fewer resources. nintendo japan doesn't have to worry about delivering new content for western territories if noe and noa can work on third-party titles that probably wouldn't have released there otherwise.

the whole point is that nintendo right now is spread really thin across qol (hardware + software), mobile (software), 3ds + wii u (software), and nx (hardware + software). since 2014 they've been sort of letting the 3ds coast on by with third-party games, smash bros., and pokemon, and the wii u's lineup has more than a few games that seemed to be made with an extremely lower budget in mind - stuff like captain toad, nes remix, and wii sports club in particular.

I'll give you that much at least, they definitely are spread thin.

I think we should be expecting a new Pokemon game for the 3DS but that doesn't add too much because something like Z or X2/Y2 won't take too much effort.

danwu

Banned
Hal Labs are due for a big Nintendo game, they've only released Box Boy and Kirby.

They also did the Kirby fighter game, so they should have something good to show @ E3.

AniHawk

Hal Labs are due for a big Nintendo game, they've only released Box Boy and Kirby.

They also did the Kirby fighter game, so they should have something good to show @ E3.

they've released two kirby games within about a year. i doubt we'll see much from them until nx.

TheMoon

January 2014 - Triple Deluxe
July 2014 - Kirby Fighters DX
July 2014 - DeDeDe's Drum Dash DX
January 2015 - BOXBOY!
January 2015 - Touch! Kirby

They've been busy. They won't have a new game ready to show already. They just put out a console game. Unless it's another small title like BOXBOY!

What makes you think that Starfox is gonna be big budget? As you have already shown, the WiiU will from now on only be supported by lower budget undertakings, excluding Xenoblade, which was in development before they knew about the console's failure (unless you believe Zelda isn't gonna be TP'ed... yeah). Not to mention, they've barely had a gamepad tech demo with a Starfox skin last year, without a fully sized team behind it yet. I wouldn't expect some crazy AAA Starfox project out of nowhere, lol. Within this short amount of time, I expect something with the scope of Captain Toad.

and the real kicker is:

-no zelda
-no nx
-no mobile
-no quality of life talk

so while their resources are being spread across multiple endeavors, they're still focusing on 3ds and wii u, which are not exactly their future.

Even though NX should be expected by the end of 2016, there's no need to announce it already and scare people (which is probably why they also dug up their DS-esque bs talk about NX ,,isn't gonna be a successor'', just to keep people calm for now). This year is gonna be a farce, trying to act that they haven't given up on the WiiU, but next E3 will have all of that, excluding QOL probably.

i would be surprised if they announced dlc at the digital event. they would clearly be out of announcements at that point. i think a 2015 pokemon game is not out of the question, and it might be time for another metroid game (3ds makes more sense than wii u). the digital event is more geared to the western market, which might explain the japanese direct from a little while ago. they might take the time to more fully show off games already announced, with star fox as the big upcoming title.

it'll essentially be a retread of info when next year is going to be a huge blowout of news by comparison. or at least, it should be with the new platform launching in november.

Agreed on everything but DLC. I mean, they already doing it with Smash. And it's another cheap way to pretend that the WiiU isn't dead for its final year or two.

popeutlal

I cannot get excited for this event, reason being that last year's event was so damn awesome. I don't think Nintendo can pull out of two year's in a row.

AniHawk

What makes you think that Starfox is gonna be big budget? As you have already shown, the WiiU will from now on only be supported by lower budget undertakings, excluding Xenoblade, which was in development before they knew about the console's failure (unless you believe Zelda isn't gonna be TP'ed... yeah). Not to mention, they've barely had a gamepad tech demo with a Starfox skin last year, without a fully sized team behind it yet. I wouldn't expect some crazy AAA Starfox project out of nowhere, lol. Within this short amount of time, I expect something with the scope of Captain Toad.

maybe not big budget, but something with at least some perceived high production values. meaning it should look nice and play good, with some new models made specifically for the title instead of recycling stuff like captain toad did.

Even though NX should be expected by the end of 2016, there's no need to announce it already and scare people (which is probably why they also dug up their DS-esque bs talk about NX ,,isn't gonna be a successor'', just to keep people calm for now). This year is gonna be a farce, trying to act that they haven't given up on the WiiU, but next E3 will have all of that, excluding QOL probably.

well yeah, basically. it's really like the gamecube in 2005 without the element of 'here's the new system! look forward to it in 18 months'

danwu

Banned
I cannot get excited for this event, reason being that last year's event was so damn awesome. I don't think Nintendo can pull out of two year's in a row.

January 2014 - Triple Deluxe
July 2014 - Kirby Fighters DX
July 2014 - DeDeDe's Drum Dash DX
January 2015 - BOXBOY!
January 2015 - Touch! Kirby

They've been busy. They won't have a new game ready to show already. They just put out a console game. Unless it's another small title like BOXBOY!

They could be making Earthbound/ Mother !

Qurupeke

It feels that it will be worse than last year. No Zelda, no Smash. StarFox will probably be their biggest game and honestly, while I'm hyped about it, it's not that exciting. Also, it will probably be the nth time we see stuff like X and Yarn Yoshi...

The only saving grace are the surprises. Considering one of them is Hyrule Warriors 3DS, I hope for more...

Sadist

I have no real out of this world expectations for this year; I suppose some teams are already moving on to NX projects (I assume EAD Tokyo is working on a new Super Mario 3D platformer) and I don't expect anything earth shattering.

3DS:

- Fire Emblem IF
- Chibi Robo
- Hyrule Warriors 3DS
- Bravely Second
- Animal Crossing Happy Home thingy
- TBA Big holiday title

Wii U:

- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Yoshi's Wooley World
- Project Zero V
- Devil's Third
- Star Fox
- Mario Maker
- TBA Big holiday title

That's all I'm expecting

well yeah, basically. it's really like the gamecube in 2005 without the element of 'here's the new system! look forward to it in 18 months'

Well, about one year ago, Iwata said that you can expect their ,,redefined gaming business'' in approx. 2 years (so most likely NX + phone games, end of 2016), despite not coming out with it at E3 yet. But the whole smartphone thing also seems to happen pretty quickly now, I never saw the point of overly long teasing periods anyway. And even though the market and the industry has rejected the WiiU, in a situation like this, it's probably still better tyring to keep your face for an additional year and pretend everything's fine.

It feels that it will be worse than last year. No Zelda, no Smash. StarFox will probably be their biggest game and honestly, while I'm hyped about it, it's not that exciting. Also, it will probably be the nth time we see stuff like X and Yarn Yoshi...

The only saving grace are the surprises. Considering one of them is Hyrule Warriors 3DS, I hope for more...

Animal Crossing U
Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario Galaxy 3

Believe.

AniHawk

Well, about one year ago, Iwata said that you can expect their ,,redefined gaming business'' in approx. 2 years (so most likely NX + phone games, end of 2016), despite not coming out with it at E3 yet. But the whole smartphone thing also seems to happen pretty quickly now, I never saw the point of overly long teasing periods anyway. And even though the market and the industry has rejected the WiiU, in a situation like this, it's probably still better tyring to keep your face for an additional year and pretend everything's fine.

the long in advance reveals used to be all the rage, all the way up until the vita and 3ds. nintendo did it with the wii u as well, but at that point i think things had already transitioned into people wanting the new device in a matter of months, not a year or more.

Tregard

Soothsayer
While it would certainly have been surprising, Hyrule Warriors 3ds is a pretty bad surprise as it's just a port, essentially.

One would hope they had bigger surprises planned than that.

Qurupeke

Animal Crossing U
Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario Galaxy 3

Believe.

These are what I'm counting on. Either Metroid Prime 4 or Super Mario Galaxy 3 would make me this E3. If both of them happen then along with the other stuff, it's going to be one of the best Nintendo E3 shows.

And secretly I still hope they'll deliver more for Zelda... Even some artwork would be nice to see...

While it would certainly have been surprising, Hyrule Warriors 3ds is a pretty bad surprise as it's just a port, essentially.

Exactly. A shame it's not a Hyrule Warriors game based on the cel shaded Zelda.

danwu

Banned

What, Hyrule Warriors is one of the bigger surprises for the 3DS this year.

Top Bottom