• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

balgajo

You guys know if there was a PR stating that Zelda is not going to be at e3 for Japan too?

I still think that there is a good possibility the PR was talking about show floor given that Nintendo doesn't make conferences anymore.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Am I reading that time right? The Smash Bros. thing is at 7:40 AM Pacific (as in, for Californians)?

Volotaire

You guys know if there was a PR stating that Zelda is not going to be at e3 for Japan too?

I still think that there is a good possibility the PR was talking about show floor given that Nintendo doesn't make conferences anymore.

Zelda is not going to be there. You do not make a major video announcement/press release renouncing the release date of one of the largest Nintendo releases of half a century and then turn around. Firstly, that gives a very bad impression on investors, and creates uncertainty. Uncertainty creates volatility in financial markets and in this case, Nintendo's stock price. Secondly, it would not be tactful with consumers.

The Zelda Hyrule Warriors 3DS game is the Zelda game this E3.

Now, whatever the delayed reason (whether it is because the game is in development hell, they need more time or they have shifted resources of the game to a dual releases with the NX), they will not show it at E3.

I'm not sure what you mean by E3 at Japan. The Japanese stream is basically a replica of the US American one.

TheMoon

Don't do this to yourself. Don't.

watershed

Banned
Zelda WiiU is not gonna be at E3. Neither is NX, QoL, or DeNA talk. Nintendo has aid this clearly so don't get your hopes up for no reason. I'm sure Nintendo will have plenty of surprises and cool stuff. Just let that other stuff go.

balgajo

Zelda is not going to be there. You do not make a major video announcement/press release renouncing the release date of one of the largest Nintendo releases of half a century and then turn around. Firstly, that gives a very bad impression on investors, and creates uncertainty. Uncertainty creates volatility in financial markets and in this case, Nintendo's stock price. Secondly, it would not be tactful with consumers. .

Aonuma only stated that the e3 demo would cost them many time(EDIT: Not true, actually was the PR too). Then there was a english PR stating that Zelda wouldn't be at e3. So I was never sure if the PR applied to the Nintendo Digital Event or just the show floor demo. That's why I wanted to know if the PR was US and Europe only.

Don't do this to yourself. Don't.

Zelda WiiU is not gonna be at E3. Neither is NX, QoL, or DeNA talk. Nintendo has aid this clearly so don't get your hopes up for no reason. I'm sure Nintendo will have plenty of surprises and cool stuff. Just let that other stuff go.

I know, I know. But e3 wouldn't be the same without some major disappointment.
jk, just trying to have something to be hyped because I'm not feeling it this year

Volotaire

Aonuma only stated that the e3 demo would cost them many time. Then there was a english PR stating that Zelda wouldn't be at e3. So I was never sure if the PR applied to the Nintendo Digital Event or just the show floor demo.

It's safe to assume it won't be present until a re-reveal in the future in my opinion. I would eat my hat if it reappeared!

TheMoon

Or at least get a real name. Zelda: "just what is it"

Still just Zelda U. lol

They won't give a name until they do the full reveal. Names are tied to story and story comes late in the process as we know.

The only thing you can be sure of is that every god damn reporter is going to bug Miyamoto about Zelda in his interviews about Star Fox. If Aonuma is there for HW 3DS for some reason then he'll obviously bug him with details, too, but I doubt he's in LA for a port of a 9 month old game.

Man that fake list is hype as fuck.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars just needs to get a rerelease the next year that includes Luigi's Mansion.

RPGCrazied

They won't give a name until they do the full reveal. Names are tied to story and story comes late in the process as we know.

The only thing you can be sure of is that every god damn reporter is going to bug Miyamoto about Zelda in his interviews about Star Fox. If Aonuma is there for HW 3DS for some reason then he'll obviously bug him with details, too, but I doubt he's in LA for a port of a 9 month old game.

It'll be something like Blinding Bow or Arrow of Destiny. Actually, these sound like bad fan names haha.

What if its something lazy like, Skyward Sword 2? :p

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
FUCK.

It just occurred to me that Nintendo didn't even bother to show a new trailer for SSBB the E3 before it was released, so it's quite possible Nintendo won't even bother with one for Zelda. D:

I think I'm going to actually try to get on line 20 minutes early for Best Buy. I want that button and I'm going to be waiting longer if I come later.

TheMoon

FUCK.

It just occurred to me that Nintendo didn't even bother to show a new trailer for SSBB the E3 before it was released, so it's quite possible Nintendo won't even bother with one for Zelda. D:

This is exactly the thing they said ... Zelda not at E3. You knew this since two and a half months ago.

Zelda U is such a bad call by Nintendo to skip E3

Next Year everyone will want to focus on NX

I hate when Zelda's come out at the end of a console's life

also dislike them being on both new and old consoles

this was promised WiiU so why not just show more of it even if you are a year away

Zelda U is such a bad call by Nintendo to skip E3

Next Year everyone will want to focus on NX

I hate when Zelda's come out at the end of a console's life

also dislike them being on both new and old consoles

this was promised WiiU so why not just show more of it even if you are a year away
Remember when they had a big blowout for Skyward Sword that was completely overshadowed by that Zelda tech demo?

GRW810

I know what Nintendo said. I know they said no Zelda at E3. But I cannot imagine Nintendo completely ignoring Zelda, not at E3, not on the biggest stage of them all. A year after revealing it they must have something to share.

If not I wonder if they are using the time away from the spotlight to completely revamp the game. That's the only reason I can think to not share any progress.

GRW810

I'm thinking either Next Level or a Japanese developer. Leaning strongly towards Next Level now.
I don't know, Next Level seem more suited to the Mario universe. Of course they could branch out ala Retro with DKC, but my logic is a Next Level game and Star Fox being separate makes for two good games rather than one.

Not that I'd want Luigi's Mansion 3, not yet. But maybe a Wario platformer or something.

Having completed and released Luigi's Mansion 2 two years ago now the timeline does suggest they could be the ones working on Star Fox though.

I'm thinking either Next Level or a Japanese developer. Leaning strongly towards Next Level now.

God, I hope it's not Next Level. They'd be better served doing some sort of narrative-driven game. Not Star Fox.

Best case scenario would be Treasure.

I also hope they haven't rolled Project Giant Robot into Starfox. I want them to flesh that out into a larger project. Maybe some sort of arcadey mech game with a control scheme similar to Affordable Space Adventures. Or even better, a spiritual successor to Tech Romancer.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Best case scenario would be Treasure.

When a developer needs HD production muscle, you know who is on speed dial? Teasure. Uhuh. Yeah. Everyone is affixed to this idea that a big name developer is going to be involved with Miyamoto, that's not the direction Japanese game development has been moving towards the last two generations. It's all about hiring small contract companies to help fill out your staff. Ask Platinum and Koei about it.

But there is a chance that hell EAD handles the design and mechanic and mini-games, finds a specific developer to pump out the single player missions, and another developer to work on the multiplayer. Then again, with Zelda being delayed, they probably also have a large pool of staff that isn't hitting crunch time this Fall available for Star Fox. E3 will reveal what direction they took with Star Fox.

Volotaire

When a developer needs HD production muscle, you know who is on speed dial? Teasure. Uhuh. Yeah. Everyone is affixed to this idea that a big name developer is going to be involved with Miyamoto, that's not the direction Japanese game development has been moving towards the last two generations. It's all about hiring small contract companies to help fill out your staff. Ask Platinum and Koei about it.

But there is a chance that hell EAD handles the design and mechanic and mini-games, finds a specific developer to pump out the single player missions, and another developer to work on the multiplayer. Then again, with Zelda being delayed, they probably also have a large pool of staff that isn't hitting crunch time this Fall available for Star Fox. E3 will reveal what direction they took with Star Fox.

I think they talked about developing the mechanics at EAD and outsourcing to another developer last E3, but I can't recall correctly. Thanks for the info about the trend about Japanese development.

All of these leaks... Jesus take the wheel!

FF8bpiu.png

Volotaire

so with leaks, someone expecting any news tomorrow?

Well Smash Direct should have some more info on the tournament updates and extra details than just Ryu and Roy.

I expect a small tease of something at the Nintendo World Championships too in anticipation for the Nintendo Digital Event; something we have not seen.

maxcriden

The only other "leak" is the new TM for Diddy Kong. Which isn't anything concrete and (sigh) could be nothing at all. That's been the only other source for rampant speculation, though (mostly for a third DKCR game, possibly for 3DS, or a Diddy Kong Racing 2).

If NLG helps with the game maybe I'd like it....

Then again I've only ever played SF Adventures which is a mixed bag.

Maybe I'd like SF. I should check out the original on VC.

Fake edit: oh wait, it's not on there. I guess 64 3DS is my best bet?

P.S. If I like Kid Icarus flight sections, is SF kinda similar?

I don't know, Next Level seem more suited to the Mario universe. Of course they could branch out ala Retro with DKC, but my logic is a Next Level game and Star Fox being separate makes for two good games rather than one.

Not that I'd want Luigi's Mansion 3, not yet. But maybe a Wario platformer or something.

Having completed and released Luigi's Mansion 2 two years ago now the timeline does suggest they could be the ones working on Star Fox though.

Wario's way overdue for a new platformer.

BTW, if Nintendo was only planning to reach out from EAD to another dev for help w/ SF, presumably NLG has at least been working on some other project since LM2. So in the meantime they might help with SF, but either way they should have another significant iron in the fire.

Top Bottom