• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference - Has Begun

If the game is actually called Advance Wars DS... well, meh. DS Wars would be better. Regardless, Wars + touch screen + wireless play is good stuff.

Also, as I've not yet read/seen anything other than the name about FF IIIj, I'm wondering how a Famicom remake works on the DS? The first thing that comes to mind is using the touch screen for optional battle input (and at least battle menu display), leaving the entire upper screen's 256x192 for main display.

etiolate

Banned
EA is also planning on delivering GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

So I guess that nixest he Goldeneye 64 remake hopes.

They haven't talked a bit about online, just head to head. I hope that is what the next conference is about.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
And thus a legend was born...

Japan: "Nintendoods, kore arimasu ka?"
USA: "Do you guys have Nintendoods?"
Europe: "Where is our Nintendoods?"

Alcibiades

DSN2K said:
h-103_31995_ds02.jpg.jpg

:)
slurp.gif

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
MetatronM said:
Good catch. I was so busy looking at titles that I missed that.

Like its been said, First Hunt is the demo's name.

Anyway, so we should expect other games to come trickling in, around the first few weeks of December, sorta like how Smash Brothers came out early December after the Cube release, no?
I'm still getting a DS on release date so I'll have it for when games ship in December, but I'm not picking up any of those games.

explodet

If they figure out online play for the DS, I look forward to all you guys kicking my ass in Advance Wars DS. :p

On a totally different note, has anyone seen any Madden DS screens yet?

hirokazu

JoshuaJSlone said:
If the game is actually called Advance Wars DS... well, meh. DS Wars would be better. Regardless, Wars + touch screen + wireless play is good stuff.

yeah, but if Advance Wars: Under Fire is any indication, looks like the franchise will be called Advance Wars outside Japan no matter what system it may be on - Advance Wars is renamed to Game Boy Wars Advance in Japan...

PkunkFury

hirokazu said:
whoa that looks nice, even if its just FMV :p

whats that on the second pic? i can't see it properly T_T

Second pic looks like Metroid hunters, with the visor on the top screen

hirokazu

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, there's DQ, FFI and soon-to-come FFII. Besides that I can only think of Before Crisis.

Before Crisis doesn't look any good to me though, so it doesn't really matter to me, except maybe DQI

olimario said:

is that first pic one of the minigames in SM64DS (or has that always been in SM64?)? makes it a bit more interesting, at least.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mario Kart is one game that absolutely looks better as 3D. Playing better you can debate till you are blue in the face. I don't care. It looks better in 3D.

I am excited about the possibilities of other playable characters in SM64 now with those Yoshi pics :D

ourumov

So far they announcing tons of new things...
I couldn't care less about FF3 (unless it's a remake) but RR DS...Shit !!!!!

I hope it isn't the N64 title !

hirokazu said:
yeah, but if Advance Wars: Under Fire is any indication, looks like the franchise will be called Advance Wars outside Japan no matter what system it may be on -

Yeah... I'd kinda hoped that wouldn't be a permanent thing, and would only go with that name for Under Fire if it specifically used the world setting of Advance Wars.

Advance Wars is renamed to Game Boy Wars Advance in Japan...
Ahh, hadn't heard that yet. Interesting. But that makes me think that going from "Game Boy Wars Advance" to "Advance Wars DS" seems odd, too. I'm presuming Advance Wars DS is the Japanese name, since this influx of data seems to have been translated.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wario Ware DS looks superb, as does Advance Wars DS. If someone(Warp Pipe) offers an internet support, I'm so there.

Priz

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/software/advancewars/index.html

mmm...

The Music game looks like it could be fun too. We're sure there's not going to be any stupidity like the PSP and regional settings on the DS, are we? :)

(Just thinking the days after the DS hits Japan, go pick up Mr. Driller, the music game or any other Japanese launch title which seems fun.)

EDIT: I just e-mailed the Advance Wars GBA programmer (I met him and 2 others from Intelligent Systems at E3 in line for the DS) telling him how impressed I am with how the game looks. Hopefully he'll respond with something cool that I can share.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Goldeneye = Rougue agent according to gamespot.

advance wars looks hot Incoming missles? Satelite based space combat?!?! GET.

Top Bottom