• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference - Has Begun

olimario said:
Apparently a lot of people in this thread.
You're in the minority if you don't care.

I think most people on this forum would buy a shoebox filled with dogshit if it had a Nintendo label on it.

Getting this excited about an old FF game seems a little silly.

hirokazu

fr4nz said:
in europe, gba games are +/- 45eur (>50$) !!!

yeah, for quite a long time, 3rd party GBA games could be anywhere from $70AU to $90AU ($65US), in $10 increments - i think the've pretty much all settled down to $70 now, but i'm not too sure, haven't kept track.

also, it'd be all nice and good if stores actually had sales or permanent price drops like console stuff, but that never happens for GBA games except those that sell like shit, usually sales on GBA soft go for $55-$60, which is still too steep IMO...

i wonder what Pokemon Co. has in store, even though all they can announce are new Pokemon games, i'm interested in what that may be.

Jonnyram

The software prices have been announced for Japan. 4800 for the majority and 3800 for a few select titles. For GBA it is usually 5800+ for third party titles and 4800 for Nintendo's own games.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hitler Stole My Potato said:

Yes, people who like things you don't care about are silly.

You do realize this is a gaming message board, correct?

explodet

I think most people on this forum would by a shoebox filled with dogshit if it had a Nintendo label on it.
You're trolling Nintendo fans.... but you really should be trolling Square fans.

hirokazu said:
yeah, for quite a long time, 3rd party games could be anywhere from $70AU to $90AU ($65US), in $10 increments - i think the've pretty much all settled down to $70 now, but i'm not too sure, haven't kept track.

Strangely enough, the irritation in Canada is in the other direction - with the dollar now up to 80 cents USD, I'm wondering if games will be discounted appropriately or if they will just hold the price up.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
DSN2K said:
im confused... is this Final Fantasy III what we are talking about ?

Final Fantasy III that was released in Japan only (famicom) and not the US is my understanding.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I think most people on this forum would by a shoebox filled with dogshit if it had a Nintendo label on it.

First, its a game many have not had a chance to play, secondly, it will most likely get an upgrade to that extent FF1+2 got, and thirdly, it speaks well for 4, 5 and 6 remakes, which is also splendid. Plus, if Square can get good sales on the DS with remakes, I would think that also would encourage them to put more new material there as well.

thorns

Banned
Yeah, bash PSP when it gets all the ports and get excited about DS when it gets a port of god knows hold old game (and I guess this isn't even the good FF3, which was actually FF6).

deadlifter said:
Final Fantasy III that was released in Japan only (famicom) and not the US is my understanding.

FF3j, once planned for the wonderswan and put into development hell.
FF3j, the only game that has not seen a rerelease, remake, or new version since being introduced on the famicom.
FF3j, which kicks ass, even today.

Sumidor

I think most people on this forum would buy a shoebox filled with dogshit if it had a Nintendo label on it.

How is he a Member, and I'm still only a junior member? I mean.. I can troll just as crappy as him..

Look at me! Nintendo is teh suck!

And on the FF3 news.. that's sweeeet. Just another thing to kill time in between classes.

Jonnyram said:
The software prices have been announced for Japan. 4800 for the majority and 3800 for a few select titles. For GBA it is usually 5800+ for third party titles and 4800 for Nintendo's own games.
Awesome. Huzzah Matrix Semiconductor! With First Hunt (and these prices), has the cartridge demo finally become a viable reality?

explodet

Crazymoogle said:
FF3j, once planned for the wonderswan and put into development hell.
FF3j, the only game that has not seen a rerelease, remake, or new version since being introduced on the famicom.
Ohhhhhh, THAT FF3.

I forgot if FF3 had been released for the Wonderswan or FF4.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
thorns said:
Yeah, bash PSP when it gets all the ports and get excited about DS when it gets a port of god knows hold old game (and I guess this isn't even the good FF3, which was actually FF6).

There's a large difference between a remake and a port.
There's also a greater difference about the game being available on the PS2 and PSP as compared to being on the Famicom and the DS.

hirokazu

thorns said:

you have to note that not everyone in here excited for FFIII and such have been bashing PSP, i generally stay away from threads where there is rampant bashing, and i'm not one to support ports on either of the two systems, i don't give a rats arse about SM64DS, for example - but i don't troll in threads where people are excited.

but the thing is, many here, including me, have never had the opportunity to play FFIII anyhow, i mean, sure its a port/remake - but its never been released outside Japan before... i don't see anything wrong with being excited about that.

Shoryuken

thorns said:

The difference between FF3 and the PSP (and DS ) ports are those games can be bought in the US, while FF3 (in english) can't be. This is essentially a brand new release in North America (and I assume the PAL regions as well.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i missed the last hour or so, and i look up and see bickering and PSP defence, so i assume Nintendo owned a load of people or something?

hirokazu

Johnny Nighttrain said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/07/news_6109869.html

ADVANCE WARS DS AT LAUNCH

alright, 2 down, 3-5 more suprises to go.

hot! now that's what i'm talking about!

i'm still planning at getting neither DS nor PSP at launch and waiting a while, first price drop for each system, perhaps, to see if they're doing well and picking them up if they still interest me...

but this is just really tempting me to buy one sooner though! we need screens of these games, dammit! :mad:

EDIT: hmm, its not a launch title as you say it is, so its all cool...

Advance Wars DS at launch!!! As long as it isn't in the same vein as AW:Under Fire, I guess I am going to have to buy a DS at launch.

Thank you Nintendo for finally giving me a reason to through money at your DS.

Coen

Looking further ahead, there will be a number of first-party DS-exclusive games hitting the system, including a multiplayer-enabled Mario Kart game, the full version of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, WarioWare Inc. DS, Animal Crossing DS, Yoshi's Touch & Go, Advance Wars DS, and a what is listed as a new Super Mario.

Doesn't sound like a launchgame to me.

Mirk

eek5.gif

Sweet!

explodet

Yeah, according to the list it looks like Advance Wars DS isn't going to be a launch title.

But still, FUCK YOU NINTENDO.

Now you're FORCING me to buy a DS.

(Shouldn't it be DS Wars? Oh well.)

WarPig

Wars ain't launch. It's "launch window," some time after. Here's the launch lineup:

Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft)
Feel the Magic XY/XX (Sega)
Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts)
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
Ping Pals (THQ)
Rayman DS (Ubisoft)
Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (Electronic Arts)
The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)

I'm thinking Nintendo is holding more first-party stuff back from the US launch than in Japan, cuz they have more third-party support here.

DFS.

Top Bottom