• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference - Has Begun

DSN2K

s2.JPG

s3.JPG

ourumov said:
I couldn't care less about FF3 (unless it's a remake)
To repeat: this is FF3j. If it was just a port, they'd have released it on GBA as one of the NES ports. To take a 256x224 Famicom game and put it onto two 256x192 screens on a system with ~N64 ability and a touch screen... I'm sure there will be differences.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Damn you SquareEnix for making another friggin' remake. I'm tired of remakes in general...playing a game I've already played through and through just because I can play it anywhere isn't an exciting thought for me. And I feel that remakes of really old games usually don't cut it...the games are too old, with few exceptions, no matter how much golden paint you add.

Although it just so happens I haven't played FFIII, so maybe I'll let it pass this time. BUT NEXT TIME...:p

Some of you mentioned the cool possibilites of having a Wars game on NDS, but with conventional thinking it doesn't mean that much. Looking at the Advance Wars games at least, they are turnbased...so I don't see why touchscreen would make it that much more playable.

But, let's say Nintendo went ahead and made the game completely real-time, an RTS. That would make me more interested, but perhaps it would also ruin the series.

*looks at Advance Wars for GC*

Anyway, I'm getting more and more interested in getting a NDS. But at the same time, I don't see why I would need it since I rarely travel far enough to play games. And when I'm home, there's no reason. Also, I'm still waiting for the really big titles, like a new Castlevania or Zelda game. The games showed up to this point aren't very exciting for me.

This AW looks so cool! I love the art style. Nell and Sammy(?) look hot. Could it be an online game too? That would kick ass.

Wario Ware looks cool too. It looks like not all the games will use both screens though.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Ping Pals is an online chat program

MEGATON.
I don't actually beleive this ;)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
That movie made me all kinds of giddy :D

Touch screen becomes more brilliant the more I think about it

B'z-chan

Banned
Well looks like they added another dimension to Advanced wars. I honestly couldnt have believed it would have been this good, but it is. Damn i'm gonna start writing to make a wish foundation now. I've got a list and it must be filled =p =/ yeah i know. hehe but thats really cool.

And that nindogs game is that the only dog models that they have in the game? I mean it looks cool and all if its a tomocatchi thing i know my girl-friend might like that. But man i wish they made it cats =P

I hope that i dont loose the games. They look like the size of Xs cards. And picochat built in also has me sold on this.

M3wThr33

Banned
So many good games!
I really enjoy this lack of EA and WW2 games right now. Seriously. It helps the other titles stand out.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
This is just too fecking sweet...

Sony, your move. Come on, it's time to give more details.

Well, I was kind of hoping Nintendo would keep the Wars series off the DS because I didn't want to buy one but AW DS looks very interesting. If there's a chance it will come out before Christmas I will be forced to pick one up at launch (need to pre-order tomorrow afternoon...).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
DCharlie said:
This is just too fecking sweet...

Sony, your move. Come on, it's time to give more details.
:lol exactly. well played nintendo, well played.

The flash movie has been loading for like 15 minutes.:( Nintendo's site is getting hammered

Good freaking lord, I'm so freaking overwhelmed by all this damn DS News. So many new games and new screens. Christ, this is amazing. That flash was awesome though! Goemon DS looks pretty damn nice. So many slick games in that.

Jonnyram

Square Enix support:
Egg Monster Hero
FFCC new game
DQ Monsters new game
Seiken Densetsu new game
Slime Mori Mori DQ new game
FF3

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Jonnyram said:
Square Enix support:
Egg Monster Hero
FFCC new game
DQ Monsters new game
Seiken Densetsu new game
Slime Mori Mori DQ new game
FF3

BUT THEY ARE ONLY PORTING FF3j WHO CARES WHERE IS TEH NEW CONTENT! ;)

skip

thank god they're releasing all this media/info now, because the u.s. launch is UGH. it's comforting to know that there is some good stuff coming shortly afterwards.

Top Bottom