• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo says it has begun cracking down on leakers

Draugoth

Gold Member
nintendo-logo-wall-1440x1080.jpg

Nintendo has said it’s aware of recent online leaks of its game announcements, and claimed that it’s taking steps to prevent them from happening in the future.

During the company’s annual shareholder meeting on Thursday – transcribed by X user NStyles – Nintendo directors were asked specifically about a recent report that several recently leaked Nintendo announcements allegedly originated from a Google employee who accessed private videos in the Switch maker’s YouTube account.

Responding, the directors said they were aware of the media reports and claimed that Nintendo has been working with external companies to diagnose security leaks.

Source

BlackTron

I can't imagine anyone outside of large shareholders or executive-level officers would find something like this impressive.

I do find it impressive for a company to take its own security seriously.

What isn't impressive would be 4chan types harassing the friends and family of leakers

I do find it impressive for a company to take its own security seriously.

What isn't impressive would be 4chan types harassing the friends and family of leakers
I could definitely go back to living without leaks at all. They don't do any good, and just lead to disappoint and frustration, as well as what you mention. There's no upside to it. Just be surprised when something cool is announced that you like.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

BlackTron

I could definitely go back to living without leaks at all. They don't do any good, and just lead to disappoint and frustration, as well as what you mention. There's no upside to it. Just be surprised when something cool is announced that you like.

People are so desperate to be surprised by the experience of a real announcement that they are trying to track down and impact the real life of the leaker.

These people feel like something has been taken from them. Get over it. It's a game announcement. The real party hurt is the company whose careful plans are impacted. They're the ones who should be taking action to plug the holes, not power-tripping warriors.

Kataploom

Gold Member
OH NO!! That's literally criminal and anti-consumer as always!!! Nintendo sent their yakuza ninjas to hurt fans that just want to enjoy their hobby again and again!!! buah buah!!

Now, srsly, I don't care about leaks since more are just stupid educate rumors (unless backed by actual truth worthy data like Switch 2 leaked specs), I can see a handful of X posters and Youtubers crying for this tho, some are REALLY invested in that

THIS is why Nintendo has become even more secretive and quiet than EVER. Every time something leaks they insulate themselves to protect themselves even more. Leakers suck, plain & simple. And it does none of us any good.

Last edited:

Miles708

they're worried nobody will buy the next Mario if it leaks 2 weeks before the scheduled announcement.

What a bunch of nonsense

Top Bottom