• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo sells 77 Million Amibos

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
These are coming out this weekend finally.

uENTv7i.jpg

Last edited:

FrankWza

I think a lot of people that don’t have a Nintendo bought some to display their favorite characters. Cheap and small and they look good enough to put up in your home. Cloud, Snake etc

Flintty

Yeah a few of those are mine! I have most in the box still, including the Diablo 3 one, which is worth a few quid. Might look at offloading them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've got my Cloud, Link (BotW), and Shulk amiibos on my desk at work.

I've got like a hundred more that are packed up in a box from when I moved two years ago that I haven't bothered unpacking yet.

Caffeine

i have 1 amiibo cause a friend bought me bowser. (i main bowser and sora on smash)
I have amiibo nfc cards though to activate on zelda like 30 of them.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Probably have 15. Chi Robo on my electronics bench. A few Marios around the 3D printer making time-lapsed videos fun. Bayonetta and Samus on the desk. They're cool little statues!

ahtlas7

Gold Member
The amibos are nicely crafted though. They look nice and good display size.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Got a link for this? Is it a euro thing? Cannot find it on Nintendo's Store, Amazon, or BestBuy.

Thanks in advance!
Bestbuy.com search splatoon 3 amiibo. In NA they're all sold separately instead of the 3 pack.

Preorders went up a few weeks ago so you might have to check back for restock. They come out 11/11. Might be some in store on that day.

There never were that many Nintendo collectibles. Nintendo was real protective of their IP. When amiibo came around, with figurines of even the most obscure characters, people jumped on that. I did too.

Got rid of them all a couple years ago. The older ones aren't that well made and they don't do much in-game. My sister gave me a Monster Hunter one, and I bought Zelda & Loftwing because that one's just amazing.

Nowadays there's a lot of Nintendo merch. The Mario movie will probably blow that up too. Nintendo must be making bank with "side projects" like this.

TLZ

Banned
I have all the main Mario characters plus Link and Chibi Robo. Got them for my kids to play with and also used them for extra in game stuff back then. Now they're buried in a toy bucket somewhere in their bedroom.

nush

Didn't know they were still making these, last ones I got were BOTW. I just checked what's come out since and it's really not much or great. The early waves were fantastic collectables, I did want a Chibi Robo but the only one I found was with the 3DS game that was Japanese, I didn't want it that much.

Remember when they almost tanked the line with Animal Crossing? Good times. :poop:

Crayon

A grown man who carried a 3DS in his pocket all day invited me to his house with his friends for "smash night."

He said the one rule is that I have to bring my own amiibo. I punched him in the throat with a forbidden technique and he was dead before he hit the ground.

Just kidding, I politely declined.

ReBurn

Gold Member
A grown man who carried a 3DS in his pocket all day invited me to his house with his friends for "smash night."

He said the one rule is that I have to bring my own amiibo. I punched him in the throat with a forbidden technique and he was dead before he hit the ground.

Just kidding, I politely declined.
You sure "smash night" meant video games?

Crayon

You sure "smash night" meant video games?

That would explain why I had to bring my own amiibo.

But I could have walked away if it turned out to be that kind of party. I'm sure his officially licensed body pillows aren't so lucky.

This is bad.

Amiibo came out in mid 2014, it has been almost 9 years and they only sold 77 Million.

Skylanders from the first games lunch sold over 100 Million figures in 16 months or 1 year and 4 months.

I wouldn't be surprised if total figure count for Disney Infinity or Lego Dimensions also met that number or passed it before both were discontinued, probably telepods too.

Nintendo over did it using the Funko Pop sales strategy at the start as people were becoming weary of that business strategy, and they started to use them in less appealing games to the general consumer. They also started using them in place of other bad MTX loot practices so fans can say "they don't do it" when they did. Just not the same way.

Last edited:

Kikorin

I'm not a collector but I bought like 10 of them because looked cool and were pretty cheap. Also, I'd love have an Amiibo of my main in Smash Bros., but female orange Corrin is not available 😔

Pls Nintendo, make Amiibos of all skins of every single Smash Character, pink DK or Gold Captain Falcon would sell a lot.

Top Bottom