• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Mhmmm... that Lakitu render is from Mario Kart 7... Dunno, it looks kinda weird, could be fake?

Seems like a placeholder for rating

It's obviously placeholders, and ones made quick and dirty. I hope the red box is based on something they know though at least, I want that

Rubixcuba

Banned
Really like the 'developer' part on the box, the red colouring speaks for itself.

Wonder why EB Games Aus is so leaky with everything?

jmizzal

why does everyone think Mario is at launch? seems wild to me to have a Mario at launch while Zelda is somehow pushed back. nah, don't believe it a second.

Yea there is no reason to have Mario at launch, the only reason people think its launch is cuz of the rumors its ready for launch and the only reason people think Zelda isnt launch is the rumors it was gonna miss launch

If there were no rumors, everbody would say Zelda launch and Mario Fall 2017

Josh5890

Obviously I know those pictures are 100% official but I think calling it Mario Kart 8 is a mistake. If they want to differentiate from the older version why not call it Mario Kart Switch?

Nairume

Banned
Obviously I know those pictures are 100% official but I think calling it Mario Kart 8 is a mistake. If they want to differentiate from the older version why not call it Mario Kart Switch?
I guess they don't want people to think it's an entirely new game, even if it does seemingly have a lot of new content.

I can see that but it might turn off the average consumer who just sees it as the same game despite what the box says.

Yes. Did you read the first part of my sentence where I said I knew it wasn't official?
Yes, I read where you said you knew it WAS official:p but it seems like you believe there's a chance the game will be called Mario Kart 8.
In the least, it will be called Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or something.
Mario Kart 8 More would be what I called it.

I think I've seen these boxes before

edit: I was wrong close though
Cx5-hj7UcAAelDa.png

Josh5890

Yes, I read where you said you knew it WAS official:p but it seems like you believe there's a chance the game will be called Mario Kart 8.
In the least, it will be called Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or something.
Mario Kart 8 More would be what I called it.

Deluxe or Turbo edition I could see. I just think that going with Mario Kart 8 alone is a bad move. Gotta remember that this is Nintendo we are talking about. It isn't like they haven't botched the name of something before.

Deluxe or Turbo edition I could see. I just think that going with Mario Kart 8 alone is a bad move. Gotta remember that this is Nintendo we are talking about. It isn't like they haven't botched the name of something before.
I think the "name botching" doesn't really exist for their games.

You could say you didn't like New super Mario but sells speak for them self.

I think they will differentiate it somehow but I see the "8" staying.
Just calling it Mario Kart 8 would indeed be stupid.

Josh5890

I think the "name botching" doesn't really exist for their games.

You could say you didn't like New super Mario but sells speak for them self.

I was more so referring to the Wii-U itself :) Although a lot of people will get pissed if you call that 3DS game from last year Metroid: Federation Force. They prefer to not attach the Metroid name to it lol

Nudull

Banned
I was more so referring to the Wii-U itself :) Although a lot of people will get pissed if you call that 3DS game from last year Metroid: Federation Force. They prefer to not attach the Metroid name to it lol

Only because Metroid fans kept setting themselves up for frustration and disappointment up to that point. The game itself was fine as a spinoff, but not following it up with anything else before or afterwards was definitely a weird move (though, could you blame them after Other M?). Hopefully, Nintendo haven't completely abandoned the series.

Steiner

Banned
So whats the news of some magazine leaking stuff soon?
According to a tweet from LKD, which she seems to have deleted, western print gaming outlets have their Switch stories ready to go, and got info ahead of the Switch event next Thursday. So Laura was speculating that we could see more leaks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom