• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamR

Mind you, when he reported the rumor, he said his retail source had seen Shovel Knight being played in Smash.

I have never, ever said this. You must be misremembering.

The amiibo rumor was not part of this originally

Yep, it was. See the article I did for Nintendo Life: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...is_indeed_digging_his_way_to_super_smash_bros

I have no problem admitting that we reported on a false rumour there. We were partially right about the amiibo, but we did screw up and we shouldn't have reported on it. I have apologised for it. Let's not spread misinformation about what actually happened though.

I enjoyed it but I like the aspect of collecting Stars, Sunshines and etc from the other games. I missed that.

Me too. I would honestly love a true sequel to Mario 64 that features the castle again as a hubworld. Running around in Mario 64 both in the demo unit and eventually on my own system is definitely my fondest gaming memory playing alone.

I just got the confirmation that I´m invited to one of the Switch Events in Germany. I will be in Berlin on January 24th. I will post my impressions afterwards! Exciting!! :)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I just got the confirmation that I´m invited to one of the Switch Events in Germany. I will be in Berlin on January 24th. I will post my impressions afterwards! Exciting!! :)
Congratulations. Are you allowed to share the venue of the event?

oti

Banned
Switch promotional signs are arriving at Target.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5lma9h/switch_promotional_signs_are_arriving_at_target/

nintendo_switch_posters_at_target.jpg

While kinda cute I think the shape of the Joy-Con Grip is super weird and clumsy. As nice as the Switch looks overall that one element really sticks out. Nintendo should embrace it though. Turn it into a dog and make a trophy for Smash.

Rösti;227581202 said:
Congratulations. Are you allowed to share the venue of the event?

Honestly, I don´t know the venue yet. I will be the +1 of my brother, who was invited since he is kinda a "vip" here. No more Infos yet, other than he is allowed to bring me.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe should be in full operation now. Some departments of Nintendo Co., Ltd. I know are on holiday until tomorrow (January 4). Perhaps we'll get to know more about the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 later this week. How and where to watch would be nice to get details on, and Nintendo launching a dedicated website for the event would generate additional hype.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rösti;227581338 said:
Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe should be in full operation now. Some departments of Nintendo Co., Ltd. I know are on holiday until tomorrow (January 4). Perhaps we'll get to know more about the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 later this week. How and where to watch would be nice to get details on, and Nintendo launching a dedicated website for the event would generate additional hype.

Maybe they could explain how it's gonna work for non-Japanese speakers.

BUT THAT'S JUST AN IDEA.

I feel like we're getting some kind of Nintendo info this week. Maybe it's about the presentation next week or Universal Studios. Just something official from Nintendo. Yesterday was an observed holiday by many and today is really the start of the week.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

I hate you.
Just jealous :D Have fun ^_^/

Hoped to get one for Munich or Frankfurt. But I did not get a "you've been chosen" mail..

weekev

Banned
As soon as preorders open I'm placing mine. I know I should learn from past releases and expect a lull between march and September but I can't say no to breath of the wild wherever I want. Console is gonna be the shit.

And this is why rumors are dangerous
Now with Zelda day one but no Mario maybe even unti 18 people will be disappointed

Eh? When did this happen?

I know they're rumors, but so far every rumor has been "Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon within 6 months of launch" and "Mario is way further along in development than people expect, might even be a launch title" so I'd love to know where the idea that it might not even release this year suddenly came from.

openrob

I had a dream last night that GAMelE had the Switch in stock and broke the street date this week. You could buy one for £399, but that was for some Zelda bundle that came with BOTW and a Zelda soft drink (yeah, I know - weird).

Alpha_eX

A colleague of mine has been invited to a press event, which seems to be in tie with the NintendoDirect. I'm incredibly jealous, but he should have info/impressions before the competition winners.

Why do american need to "open" preorders?
I could preorder a ps6 if i wanted to right now. I preordered my Switch back when they announce it as NX years ago.

Why do american need to "open" preorders?
I could preorder a ps6 if i wanted to right now. I preordered my Switch back when they announce it as NX years ago.

Nintendo America seems to do the pre orders themselves, as opposed to other countries, where its done by the store? Gamestop Ireland has the Switch up for pre order already.

15857367_639374892912245_1977439820_o.png

sonto340

Nintendo America seems to do the pre orders themselves, as opposed to other countries, where its done by the store? Gamestop Ireland has the Switch up for pre order already.

15857367_639374892912245_1977439820_o.png
Seeing that collect in store has me hopeful something like that will happen in the states.
I would love to put in my order online and pick it up at my local store at midnight instead of waiting until the midday to get my switch

m4st4

I need an advice GAF. I'm from Croatia. Should I pre-order from amazon.uk on January 13 or just wait for local store to get stocked in March? First time I'm buying a console DAY 1. Guess my fear is Nintendo won't have the numbers for all of us. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

I need an advice GAF. I'm from Croatia. Should I pre-order from amazon.uk on January 13 or just wait for local store to get stocked in March? First time I'm buying a console DAY 1.

Depends how much you want it Day One and not 3-5 days later in the post.

You can always cancel and they don't take payment instantly, so you may as well secure one.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I need an advice GAF. I'm from Croatia. Should I pre-order from amazon.uk on January 13 or just wait for local store to get stocked in March? First time I'm buying a console DAY 1. Guess my fear is Nintendo won't have the numbers for all of us. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

you can always cancel the amazon.uk pre-order

m4st4

Depends how much you want it Day One and not 3-5 days later in the post.

You can always cancel and they don't take payment instantly, so you may as well secure one.

you can always cancel the amazon.uk pre-order

Yeah I'll probably do that. My gaming was on ice for at least half a year and I definitely need this Day 1... first week at the latest. The hype IS, in fact, real.

18-Volt

I can't believe it, all those leaks but still just a little info about 3rd party games. Two games have been mentioned: Assassin's Creed and Dark Souls 3. Where is the rest? Come on leakers, up your game! 3rd party games should be much easier to leak than 1st party stuff!

Oregano

I can't believe it, all those leaks but still just a little info about 3rd party games. Two games have been mentioned: Assassin's Creed and Dark Souls 3. Where is the rest? Come on leakers, up your game! 3rd party games should be much easier to leak than 1st party stuff!

There are no third party games.

m4st4

I have a feeling most 3rd party devs are just waiting to see how it goes with Switch sales, demand and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom