• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lv9STZA.gif

We're almost going into single digits with countdown! :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's really impossible to know who to believe as to what, and how much info each person might actually know. NDAs are tight and all that. I also feel stuff like this is subject to grapevine gossip: person A hears legitimate half story from a source, they tell someone else, stuff gets misconstrued, and the subtle nuances in language to describe the leak get lost and vague implications become incorrect "facts".

Nevertheless, I know for a fact the current state of media for the Switch is at its most vulnerable in terms of leaks, more than usual. More mouths have the potential to talk so I guess we'll if anything really comes out in the next 10 days.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's really impossible to know who to believe as to what, and how much info each person might actually know. NDAs are tight and all that. I also feel stuff like this is subject to grapevine gossip: person A hears legitimate half story from a source, they tell someone else, stuff gets misconstrued, and the subtle nuances in language to describe the leak get lost and vague implications become incorrect "facts".

Nevertheless, I know for a fact the current state of media for the Switch is at its most vulnerable in terms of leaks, more than usual. More mouths have the potential to talk so I guess we'll if anything really comes out in the next 10 days.
This is why I personally put every post, leak, thread, and news article through my handy dandy leak filter. Right now it's telling me to believe everything. Seems about right.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zelda Switch cancelled; 3DS exclusive.

_Clash_

Personally, I request gift cards to JB hifi (Au) as stocking stuffers, save them up and unleash them on good hardware deals.

They got me all but covered for Switch release. Probably go premo if the pack in appeals

Aces.

Whaaaat. And all this time I thought he had a bad source or was pulling it out of his ass.

and of course people around here either A: Don't know this or B: Conveniently ignore it.

It's far from the only thing he's been mistaken about, even if we grant him the benefit of the doubt on SK

The one tweet that LKD had that bugged me a bit was her reveal of the composer of the Mario/Rabbids game. The guy was having fun with his audience and teasing his fans while not violating his own NDA and LKD, I think, retweeted his tweet and basically said "I know what this game is, it's Mario/Rabbids!"

It just felt disrespectful and in poor taste. I get that that's exactly what a leaker does but the way she did it rubbed me the wrong way. I guess that's the nature of internet etiquette.

Really? That's uncool if true. I get being excited and having scoops but common sense and control are also good

Cool. I assume these are all provided by Nintendo and not those crappy in store mock ups done by some random employee. They look nice. It's good to see the Nintendo red again.
Yeah these are shippers straight from Nintendo. Reps will probably have more material to add to retailers next week or week after that

Platy

lv9STZA.gif

We're almost going into single digits with countdown! :)

Man, I have never seen these ads before.

Thanks intelliheath.

Which reminds me that the brazilian ads for Nintendo were AWESOME in the SNES/N64 days.
They had this series about being the worst company ever. "Our job is to make you suffer", "we spare no expenses so you have more troubles", "why make it easy if we can make it hard" and stuff like that

Sadly the only version of the n64 one is in barely audible quality =(

Hatty

I'm hoping I'd be able to go into a gamestop early on the 13th and make a Preorder. Been saving up some gamestop bucks so I hope there isn't a hassle. The event ends before my local store closes so I hope preorders aren't open in store right when it ends

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I haven't been this hyped for a Nintendo console since when the DS Lite came out, which is a very good sign. 10 days.

I'm hoping I'd be able to go into a gamestop early on the 13th and make a Preorder. Been saving up some gamestop bucks so I hope there isn't a hassle. The event ends before my local store closes so I hope preorders aren't open in store right when it ends

What time does it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom