• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamR

Your track record not so great so people may get suspicious of you.

That's the way people have twisted things. I don't think I've done that bad other than Shovel Knight, which I admit was a mistake (nobody is perfect). Most of the things that I've supposedly gotten wrong are falsehoods twisted by those have something against me. My Devil's Third and Star Fox Zero coverage comes to mind. I still stand by all of that.

What do you guys think about it? Is all the stuff she said about the other games coming to fruition, or are you doubting now?
I find it pretty easy to believe internally the company wasn't sure they could have it ready by March and made alternate plans, but then were able to make March work. I'd also find it pretty easy to believe that swapping dates for Mario and Zelda was such a plan, so now that Zelda's back to launch Mario isn't.

Effect

About LKD and the Zelda release date...
In conclusion, I know fully comprehend the new policy mods here have over leaks and tweets. What do you guys think about it? Is all the stuff she said about the other games coming to fruition, or are you doubting now?

I take the following stance. I never believe rumors no matter what. It doesn't matter if multiple people are hearing the same things. In the end it's all hearsay and only those actually implementing said plans or making the decisions know the full story. When your sources seemingly all come from one region and we know full well that not all the regions do things at the same time it's even harder to believe. This is especially the case when it comes to release dates. Then there is the fact that Nintendo in general is secretive, especially when it comes to internal software. Could she have heard something about a possibility? Maybe depending who she talked to but that's not a definite statement.

I've never believed the Zelda not making launch rumor. The main reason was because of how Nintendo has been acting regarding the game. They're not acting like BoTW is a game that is coming in the late summer/fall of 2017. So I look at the rumors and then I look at Nintendo's actual actions and can only really believe my own eyes in this situation.

System launches are always a time where some like to grab as much attention as they possibly can for one reason or another. My issue isn't even with the supposed leakers or rumor makers. It's how easily people buy into them with no proof of any kind. Just hearsay. Just because a person makes an educated guess based on statements a company has said they're automatically believed. Then there is a matter what people believe over other things.

Nilaul

Would be interesting to see how they handle a game in First-Person view.

They are seemingly the most suitable candidate;

Imagine a huge world with caverns, valleys (aka more like metroid then xenoblade) where at the times when you would go high you would be able to see the whole game world from up above just sprawling into the horizon. Plus their environmental work, plant design and animal design is top notch.

However they would need to be supervised in order not to mess up the humanoid character designs and puzzles and the pacing. Perhaps get some ex metroid members on the team temporarily.

m4st4

Regarding my claims that there’s still surprises for the Jan 12 event and a lot of third party info not touched on, I have doubled sourced information I have deliberately not shared. I’m at a point now where I don’t want the stress of more leaks to work through in the build up to Jan 12th. I am deliberately leaving info off the table to be a surprise for the big day.

I maintain my claim made in the Reddit AMA that there is at least one new IP that has not leaked, is unexpected, and is being revealed at the Jan 12th event.

There you go. Of course there's more on the table for Jan 12th.

m4st4

How about this guys:

Ignore all the leakers and use common sense.

It's just ten days anyway.

How about we're in a Switch discussion thread and no. Or should we talk about that trailer for the next ten days? Every pixel was analyzed at least a hundred times.

oti

Banned
How about we're in a Switch discussion thread and no. Or should we talk about that trailer for the next ten days? Every pixel was analyzed at least a hundred times.

Now I'm a leaker:

Top Spin 5 Switch Launch Game
- Federer is the only player
- Ultra 8K Resolution
- Wimbledon renamed into Brexiton

DISCUSS

Rumours are fun to read. That is all.
Definitely, I like it too. Just don't believe leakers get everything right and don't be disappointed afterwards.

DMONKUMA

They are seemingly the most suitable candidate;

Imagine a huge world with caverns, valleys (aka more like metroid then xenoblade) where at the times when you would go high you would be able to see the whole game world from up above just sprawling into the horizon. Plus their environmental work, plant design and animal design is top notch.

However they would need to be supervised in order not to mess up the humanoid character designs and puzzles and the pacing. Perhaps get some ex metroid members on the team temporarily.

Yeah it sounds good and humanoid characters are definitely something they need help on, Overall just a announcement of Metroid Prime 4 at the conference would pretty much be worth it for me.

Peru

Now I'm a leaker:

- Ultra 8K Resolution

DISCUSS

Definitely, I like it too. Just don't believe leakers get everything right and don't be disappointed afterwards.

What about Nicole Vaidisova and Radek Stepanek.

shingi70

Banned
Probably a bit smarter to pre order from Amazom, but I have a retail store across the street from my home. I'll just take my chances by getting up early.

I think that leaks about dates and prices are the ones that should be taken with a grain of salt the most. These things tend to change a lot and only the people at the top will know for sure the dates for everything. I think it's the easiest way to make a leaker lose their reputation

Now I'm a leaker:

- Ultra 8K Resolution

DISCUSS

I heard this too and MP4 launch. I'm the best leaker of them all trust me senpai.

::

I for one will be glad to never hear from those guys and galls again after january.

m4st4

Now I'm a leaker:

- Ultra 8K Resolution

DISCUSS

You aren't though. Are you a journalist with previous history of proven leaks? Are you and industry insider? Then I don't care about your wish list to be honest.

oti

Banned
Laura Kate Dale just tweeted :
What an interesting deal that would be. Paying for timed exclusives? This isn't usually Nintendo's thing. Could show they are willing to do these deals to get support for Switch. I wouldn't expect too many of those though. They aren't cheap.

I don't really understand the outrage against "leakers" on here. Why do some people take it as a personal insult that others might believe a "leak"? All in all, we'll get the official information next week.

In the meantime, it's fun to discuss information that has a better chance of being credible than things we just dream up ourselves. I'm not sure why some people act as if Emily and Laura are part of some conspiracy to give us incorrect information. Even if they were just messing with us, the Switch is a consumer product that we'll be able to buy at some point. It's not a goddamn government conspiracy. Let's just relax and enjoy the ride people.

Hermii

What an interesting deal that would be. Paying for timed exclusives? This isn't usually Nintendo's thing. Could show they are willing to do these deals to get support for Switch. I wouldn't expect too many of those though. They aren't cheap.
Well it wasn't Iwatas thing.

m4st4

LOL learn to identify a joke post

Nah he is constantly attacking posts about leakers/insiders and telling everybody to chill, it's ten days to go, blah-blah.

So what am I gonna do here, NOT comment on all the leak posts? That's how things work in hype threads, especially leading up to Nintendo events, nothing out of the ordinary,

Neoxon

What's interesting is that it's only digital timed exclusivity. Laura never mentioned anything about the PS4 & XB1 getting a retail release of BGE2.

What's interesting is that it's only digital timed exclusivity. Laura never mentioned anything about the PS4 & XB1 getting a retail release of BGE2.

To be fair, the re-release of BG&E for PS3/Xbox 360 never got a physical release either. It could be that the sequel will just be a digital-only title. It seems like a silly idea to have an exclusivity period for just one format of the game.

18-Volt

Wonder if Geno's leak about Metroid is true. There is certainly something going on at VanillaVare, as they haven't spoken for like 2 years about their project: 13 Sentinels Ageis Rim for PS4/Vita. Could they have taken another project instead?

You can buy Rayman Legends for five bucks on every platform, what's the point ?

Yeah, Vita version was at native resolution @60fps. And it's been free with Plus.

oti

Banned

Sounds like a very smart way to promote AA games as AAA games. BG&E2 won't sell based on its name alone. The first one tanked and there no reason for a sequel to exist. But with this deal in place Ubisot and Nintendo could sell it as a huge game on Switch, which, let's be honest here, won't have big 3rd party games like Mass Effect anyway, and then afterwards sell it as a AA game digitally on the other platforms.

Sounds pretty smart to me.

mauaus

Nah he is constantly attacking posts about leakers/insiders and telling everybody to chill, it's ten days to go, blah-blah.

So what am I gonna do here, NOT comment on all the leak posts? That's how things work in hype threads, especially leading up to Nintendo events, nothing out of the ordinary,

ahhh, carry on then :p

Yado

Also...
@LaurakBuzz: Rayman Legends Switch Port is being announced during Jan 12 event for Q2 release

xrxNASj.gif

Dear God please let there be something in the pipeline besides Zelda for me.

Philippo

I wonder what style the RPG is going to be graphically, close to 3D World series? Cel shaded? Is it going to be turn-based or action? Is it more Mario or more Rabbids?
Really curious to see it.

Soooo, Zelda & (maybe) the crazy new IP at launch, Mario Switcharoo in June, summer break with WiiU ports, Rabbids KW in September, Pkmn Star & (maybe) Retro IP during Fall and Christmas?

Im joining this train no matter what.

Btw, why was the Hype trains banned? One of the most fun part of being a Nintendo-fan was always the crazy hype and trains.

Only Nintendo hype trains were banned I was on a couple xbox trains around e3 and sony stay having a train. Let us get one. We been waiting for 9000 years

oti

Banned
ahhh, carry on then :p

I've explained multiple times why I don't believe the leaks I don't believe. With actual reasons other than "but the leakers say". And now the leakers actually agree with me that Zelda is a launch game. I'm not an insider but hey, look at that coincidence.

I know Nintendo to some is this magical kingdom of infinite possibilities and crazy theories but it's still a business in the end. Some leaks make sense, some don't.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I own a WiiU. I love my WiiU. Lots and lots of amazing games - Bayonetta and Mario Kart and Smash and Wonderful 101 and NSMW and Solution... so on and so forth.

But this rumored launch window of games sounds super disappointing.

The only people who seem to have bought the WiiU were hardcore Nintendo fans - and they're getting fucked out of playing the New Zelda first - even though the game has been promised for years.

Other than Zelda - what's there to play? Whether as a WiiU owner or not. Whether Core or casual?

Sports games that will be better on other system, with better online communities?

3 year old ports that cost $10 on other systems already released?

Ports of WiiU games that pretty much look and run the same, and weren't enough of a release to get people to buy the last system?

I'll buy a Switch Day One no matter what. I love my Nintendo. But I really, really hope they have more up their sleeves than Zelda at launch.

Edit: also, I'm done buying AA 2d sidescrrollers for a couple years.

Charamiwa

Banned
Still, I kinda wish she had stayed true to her workds and kept silent for the last few weeks.

I think what happened is she saw that some of her leaks changed with time (Zelda making launch, Rabbids in September) and to compensate she leaked more things, even though she didn't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom