• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see a difference between Rogers video and Gamexplain discussion videos.

It the same thing, people just listen to who they like.

AzaK

I personally find Reggie to be boring. He can get the job done but he sounds like a robot at times.

I like him better when he doesn't need to be so serious.

Oh he's terrible. His cadence is awful. His tone is monotonous and he has no life in him. You can tell he's just trying to get a pre-written schpiel out without forgetting anything.

AzaK

Rösti;227605716 said:
Who, in your opinion, should lead the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017?

presentationleads2sd1.png

I would assume most of them will be there regardless, but who should be the main presenter?

Definitely someone else. The Miyamoto can barely speak english, Shiabata is awful to listen to as well due to his lack of english. Reggie is dull. Not sure about Kimishima or Morimoto, never heard them speak.

They need someone with some pizzaz and life in them. Someone who sounds like they like gaming and enjoy talking to people about it.

oti

Banned
Definitely someone else. The Miyamoto can barely speak english, Shiabata is awful to listen to as well due to his lack of english. Reggie is dull. Not sure about Kimishima or Morimoto, never heard them speak.

They need someone with some pizzaz and life in them. Someone who sounds like they like gaming and enjoy talking to people about it.

I wouldn't expect this to be entertaining. This will be Knack translator-chan level of entertaining.

The real meat comes after this. The hands-on reports, hopefully some Treehouse streams.

Gleethor

I said this on the Persona thread already, but from where is coming this notion that nintendo fans are certain that every 3rd party will release on switch? I am sure there are people overhyped, but my impression that most fans are more insecure about 3rd parties. Even in the UE4 thread i have seen many people not believing much.
I don't expect every third party, but a persona 5 release of some kind coming to Switch eventually isn't an unreasonable expectation.

neoemonk

Can't wait for the event. I have a Wii U and a large library of games, and I want to see what's coming for this thing that isn't just a rehash of stuff I already have. Give me a reason to buy this at launch Nintendo!

JonnyKong

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Nintendo showing off a two year old Rayman game in their presentation would be rather embarrassing.

Neoxon

Too long didnt watch list?
  • Nintendo Switch Price = $299.99 (potential $249.99 SKU)
  • UK/JPN Launch on 3.17, NA Launch on 3.19
  • Breath of the Wild at North American launch, Spring in JPN/UK
  • NA Launch Line-up: Super Mario Switch, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon "Re-Fresh", Skyrim, Just Dance, Wave Race Switch
  • Pokémon Stars reveal to be saved for E3, no mention on the 12th, holiday title
  • Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros ports before E3 2017 (Smash contains all 3DS/Wii U content plus Ice Climbers and one or two new characters)
  • Pikmin 4 and Rabbids Kingdom Battle are Fall/Holiday games
  • Ports for Lego City Undercover, Pokken Tournament, Rayman Legends, Mario Maker and Xenoblade X by the end of the year
  • Virtual Console: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion at launch; Mother 3, Animal Crossing GC and Eternal Darkness by the end of Q2
  • Strong Square-Enix presence during the presentation w/ DQ11, DQ Builders, FFXV and a FFVII Remake mention. Overwatch Switch port announced for Japan.

oti

Banned
Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Nintendo showing off a two year old Rayman game in their presentation would be rather embarrassing.

I like the game but after all that happened and the fact it's an old game nobody asks a port for I really hope it's either super duper cheap or they added some exclusive content.

I said it a few pages back but exclusive Nintendo world's would be super nice. Mario and the rest in the UbiArt aengine sounds phenomenal.

javadoze

Rösti;227605716 said:
Who, in your opinion, should lead the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017?

presentationleads2sd1.png

I would assume most of them will be there regardless, but who should be the main presenter?

Realistically, it'll be a variety of people. Someone for the tech, some third party reps, specific Nintendo devs to certain first-party titles, and maybe Kimishima for the pricepoint and release details.

Oregano

Fans of a thing are inherently delusional. This is true of any company and any hobby.

For Nintendo fans, it is a strong belief that their biggest problems will be fixed THIS time.

Except we've seen very few people express anything close to that. That's not a common expectation at all.

• NA Launch Line-up: Super Mario Switch, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon "Re-Fresh", Skyrim, Just Dance, Wave Race Switch
  • Pokémon Stars reveal to be saved for E3, no mention on the 12th, holiday title
  • Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros ports before E3 2017 (Smash contains all 3DS/Wii U content plus Ice Climbers and one or two new characters)
  • Ports for Lego City Undercover, Pokken Tournament, Rayman Legends, Mario Maker and Xenoblade X by the end of the year
  • Virtual Console: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion at launch; Mother 3, Animal Crossing GC and Eternal Darkness by the end of Q2
  • Strong Square-Enix presence during the presentation w/ DQ11, DQ Builders, FFXV and a FFVII Remake mention. Overwatch Switch port announced for Japan.

No BoTW for UK switch launch and I shall cry many tears.

Net

Is he claiming that this is insider information or is this just wishful thinking?

Why would they port Overwatch and only release it in Japan?

The Rabbids crossover being a Fall release directly contradicts all of LKD's reporting on it.

Sounds like bullshit.

Is he claiming that this is insider information or is this just wishful thinking?

The Rabbids crossover being a Fall release directly contradicts all of LKD's reporting on it.

Sounds like bullshit.
It's titled predictions so that should say a lot

javadoze

What do we all think the Switch's equivalent to Wii Sports or Nintendoland will be?

The rumored "crazy" first-party Nintendo title sounds like a good candidate. Then again, I'm not sure if Switch even needs a proof-of-concept title seeing how the gimmick of it is applicable to every game (aside from using one system and the two joycons for local multiplayer).

Neoxon

Sounds like bullshit.
It's his predictions, not anything insider-related.

Zedark

The rumored "crazy" first-party Nintendo title sounds like a good candidate. Then again, I'm not sure if Switch even needs a proof-of-concept title seeing how the gimmick of it is applicable to every game (aside from using one system and the two joycons for local multiplayer).

A proof of concept title would only need to be something that screams "big AAA game" to the masses, something in the vein of Skyrim or GTA V, to drive home the concept of console games on the go, and perhaps pokémon to drive home the concept of handheld games on the tv.

NateDrake

Well we know Lego is a Spring 2017 release.

Net

A proof of concept title would only need to be something that screams "big AAA game" to the masses, something in the vein of Skyrim or GTA V, to drive home the concept of console games on the go, and perhaps pokémon to drive home the concept of handheld games on the tv.

Sounds like a job for Retro Studios.

Open world Metroid?

Zedark

Sounds like a job for Retro Studios.

Open world Metroid?

Or Monolith Soft, though I have my doubts whether they are quite ready to show a new game yet. Of course, a port of something like GTA V or (if possible) Witcher 3 would have the same effect, even if they are not brand new games.
So...Breath of the Wild.
It could work, though I have my reservations about whether the masses would associate the non-realistic, cel-shaded aesthetic (you get what I mean, even though I am not sure whether my terminology is on point) with the label "big AAA game", though Zelda definitely would be deserving of it, as much as a game with a realistic graphical direction. Then again, it might do the job just fine, can't say for sure.

Fanuilos

So...Breath of the Wild.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think that Retro Studios' competences are wrongly estimated around here.

They have worked on Donkey Kong games plus helping Nintendo's other projects in the past 6 years. Part of the developers who worked on Metroid left long time ago. Their only HD game is a 2d platformer. I don't understand how under these circumstances and without having a big restructuring of the studio one could expect some huge projects from them like an AAA open world or something?

I think that Retro Studios' competences are wrongly estimated around here.

They have worked on Donkey Kong games plus helping Nintendo's other projects in the past 6 years. Part of the developers who worked on Metroid left long time ago. Their only HD game is a 2d platformer. I don't understand how under these circumstances and without having a big restructuring of the studio one could expect some huge projects from them like an AAA open world or something?

Yeah you're better off expecting a 3D Donkey Kong game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom