• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think SSB Switch might not be presented next week beyond maybe a teaser. It kind of feels to be the perfect game to hold up for E3 without losing too much in the quality of the January event.

When in the blue hell are they releasing my bayonetta amiibo? !

AAMARMO

Banned
Rösti;227605716 said:
Who, in your opinion, should lead the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017?

presentationleads2sd1.png

I would assume most of them will be there regardless, but who should be the main presenter?

Bill.

Rösti;227605716 said:

I would assume most of them will be there regardless, but who should be the main presenter?

It won't be a native English speaker, because the event is in Japan. But the event needs to be delivered in English. And whomever does the live translation should definitely be a face people will know. Bill's really the only candidate I can think of.

Kimishima needs to be leading. It's time we saw his face and hear his voice. He's the man in charge. He can talk about the new product and mix in other speakers.

Rösti;227605716 said:

I definitely vote Kimishima. Have him do most of the speaking with translations from Bill. Mix in some pre-recorded footage of features and games and we'll be set!

jonno394

Rösti;227605716 said:

either

large.jpg

or

kamiya-to-you.png

In all seriousness, I really like SHibata, his dual Japanese/English could help out.

Roo

It won't be a native English speaker, because the event is in Japan. But the event needs to be delivered in English. And whomever does the live translation should definitely be a face people will know. Bill's really the only candidate I can think of.

Rösti said the conference Room has a simultaneous interpretation system for up to eight languages. He's not sure what languages will be supported (I expect the most important for them: English, Spanish, German, French, etc, etc) but I highly doubt there's going to be a translator on stage. Unless there are special guests that don't speak Japanese like western developers.

I'd much rather have sharing be pushed to Twitter or Facebook. I don't need a Nintendo social network so this is good

Twitter is dying and inflexible. Facebook needs an extra account, many people despise it and younger people don't use it. Miiverse has probably all you want from a gamer community it is only to slow on 3DS and WiiU.

Rösti said the conference Room has a simultaneous interpretation system for up to eight languages. He's not sure what languages will be supported (I expect the most important for them: English, Spanish, German, French, etc, etc) but I highly doubt there's going to be a translator on stage. Unless there are special guests that don't speak Japanese like western developers.

I'm a tad worried about this.

While people have grown to love the charisma of certain Japanese gaming figures, presentation-type enthusiasm doesn't translate well to Western audiences without being delivered in their native language. I love the symbolism of this event being in Japan, but let's not kid ourselves: the West is the biggest market for Switch.

If they are doing one video for all regions, then it should be Kimishima speaking in Japanese with English voiceovers for PAL and US territories. If they are doing a unique video for Japan, US, and PAL, then the respective presidents of operations should give the presentation. (Kimishima in Japan, Reggie in US, and Shibata in PAL)

Roo

I'm a tad worried about this.

While people have grown to love the charisma of certain Japanese gaming figures, presentation-type enthusiasm doesn't translate well to Western audiences without being delivered in their native language. I love the symbolism of this event being in Japan, but let's not kid ourselves: the West is the biggest market for Switch.

The only possible solution I can see would be a voice-over translation but I'd think subtitles is the best way to go, imo.

Scum

Rösti;227605716 said:

#BringMeKamiya

I can see it now.

JOYCONS ARE CUTE

I can see why Nintendo chose her to be head of PR, as they really wanted to appeal to aspiring cool soccer moms who are totally hip and in the know with all things their kids are into, but the execution was just horrible. Even the moms she was trying to appeal too cringed watching her

Nailed it! This is exactly how I feel.

When he was hired on in 2004, Nintendo was looking for a spark. They gave Reggie free reigns to get the company back on track, and it paid off starting with his famous "I'm about kicking ass. I'm about taking names. And WE are about making games." E3 presser. I want THAT Reggie back. THAT Reggie is sorely needed again

oti

Banned
My thoughts exactly. Call me an old man but I hate the trend of Youtube videos that don't require the format. If you don't need a visual just learn to write.
I mean, I know why it's a video and why it's that long. It helps with the YouTube algorithm but still. Such a waste of time.

How dare him trying to live and buy foods.
He sure adds a lot of value to his viewer's lives by stretching a few predictions into a half an hour video. Such value.

i can put it in list form for you:

- bad predictions based on rumours we all heard

there you go.
Sure, but I still like reading those lists.

NSESN

I said this on the Persona thread already, but from where is coming this notion that nintendo fans are certain that every 3rd party will release on switch? I am sure there are people overhyped, but my impression that most fans are more insecure about 3rd parties. Even in the UE4 thread i have seen many people not believing much.

Plum

If they are doing one video for all regions, then it should be Kimishima speaking in Japanese with English voiceovers for PAL and US territories. If they are doing a unique video for Japan, US, and PAL, then the respective presidents of operations should give the presentation. (Kimishima in Japan, Reggie in US, and Shibata in PAL)

It's a live presentation in Japan so it's almost definitely going to be the first I think. Someone before in the thread said that the venue has live translation so I can assumen they'll be using that.

shingi70

Banned
I'm not expecting much in the way of third party support. My hope is that it at least takes Japan by storm eats the market that typically develops for 3ds, vita, and PS4.

Maxrunner

With the exception of the new Mario & Zelda games, Skyrim and Pokémon. I consider everything else there to be mediocre, that's just my opinion. There isn't really anything else there that screams "you NEED to get a switch to play this!" Where is the freshness? Where are the titles that appeal to a demographic beyond the one they already appeal to?

I'm just speaking for myself, all I see there are retreads, bland third party games and games I could play anywhere else. It's a very unexciting lineup.
MzIT37A.gif
So i guess you didnt bought a ps4 and xbone at launch either.

I said this on the Persona thread already, but from where is coming this notion that nintendo fans are certain that every 3rd party will release on switch? I am sure there are people overhyped, but my impression that most fans are more insecure about 3rd parties. Even in the UE4 thread i have seen many people not believing much.

Fans of a thing are inherently delusional. This is true of any company and any hobby.

For Nintendo fans, it is a strong belief that their biggest problems will be fixed THIS time.

AzaK

Laura needs stop with all this leaks. She literally spoiled all the presentation now : /.One could simply avoid this thread but when I opened GAF, first thing I saw was that BG&E2 thread... Oh well.

image.php

Seriously, if you don't want new hardware leaks, DO NOT COME TO NEOGAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom