• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Gotcha, thank you! I also just read this in that article:

"Splatoon pack in was Source A and source at GAME. I still believe it’s a day one release. I know others do not believe it is a pack in, but I believe at the very least at GAME there will be a package with Splatoon packed in."

Sounds like Splatoon could be less a formal pack-in and more of a store bundle.

Oh, interesting. She did speak about the Splatoon bundle being a different Switch edition before (with 64 GB internal storage instead of 32 GB), but she does not reflect on it in the update.

Another interesting thing is that she has been hearing that Skyrim might be launch window rather than day one.

Moltenix

Suppose that there isn't a pack-in game.

Would the "deluxe" edition just be a memory upgrade? Possibly bundled with a Pro controller?

Akhe

I just want a TMS #FE port.

200_s.gif

Dekuboy

Neo Member
I would rather have a new TMS or a TMS port. I don´t like Monster-taming/catching, when it´s not pokemon. (stupid I know)

maxcriden

Oh, interesting. She did speak about the Splatoon bundle being a different Switch edition before (with 64 GB internal storage instead of 32 GB), but she does not reflect on it in the update.

Another interesting thing is that she has been hearing that Skyrim might be launch window rather than day one.

Oh, hmm. All very interesting! Thanks.

(The article we're discussing is here in case any missed it, lots of good info in here: http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/)

And her tweets today indicated Rabbids RPG could be delayed to September, and that a Rayman Legends port is coming, and the info regarding BG&E in this thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1330289&page=1

Zedark

Oh, hmm. All very interesting! Thanks.

(The article we're discussing is here in case any missed it, lots of good info in here: http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/)

And her tweets today indicated Rabbids RPG could be delayed to September, and that a Rayman Legends port is coming, and the info regarding BG&E in this thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1330289&page=1

There is also a thread about the article, over here.

Net

I can also exclusively report now on Super Smash Bros. Melee 2 which will not be directed by Sakurai and will be designed to spearhead Nintendo's entry into e-sports. Wavedashing will be mapped to a button and the roster will be slimmed down. Online will feature ranked play.

why open world metroid. Metroid can expand its design without going open world. If they create new weapons and ways to traversal, it will be already a great way to expand the mechanics

Plum

All this Metroid talk has me thinking about how perfect the series would be for a From Software Souls-type game and it makes me sad we'll never get it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I can also exclusively report now on Super Smash Bros. Melee 2 which will not be directed by Sakurai and will be designed to spearhead Nintendo's entry into e-sports.

You really don't understand how hypocritical is to complain about people discussing about bullshit rumours/speculations and at the same time talk about an open world Metroid developed by Retro?

Net

You really don't understand how hypocritical is to complain about people discussing about bullshit rumours/speculations and at the same time talk about an open world Metroid developed by Retro?

You really don't understand the difference between lying about being an insider for Youtube money and throwing out ideas on GAF?

why open world metroid. Metroid can expand its design without going open world. If they create new weapons and ways to traversal, it will be already a great way to expand the mechanics

Metroid was already largely open world in that you could tackle main objectives and navigate through different zones in different orders, and this was intentionally built into the game design.

Fusion, Other M, and the Prime games, on the other hand, weren't open-world games at all. They were mostly linear, with some glitches letting you bypass certain obstacles. Prime 1 gets closest.

Metroid was already largely open world in that you could tackle main objectives and navigate through different zones in different orders.

Fusion, Other M, and the Prime games, on the other hand, weren't open-world games at all. They were mostly linear. Prime 1 gets closest.

I know that, but when people say open world, in my mind they are thinking about a super huge open map, not narrow corridors, with a few open parts in it. The 2d metroid games can do a lot to change for example their setting, i played in zebes for what? four games?

I think that if they open up in terms of allowing sequence breaking again in the 3d titles and showing different weapons and items will already do lots to make metroid fresh.

Philippo

If there is a new Metroid in the works and it is 3D, i think it should follow Dark Souls structure, which is actually a three dimensional adaptation of Metroid's own original concept. But open world in the mainstream sense of it? Hell no.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You really don't understand the difference between lying about being an insider for Youtube money and throwing out ideas on GAF?

You complained about people discussing about the subject of the video here. The subject of the video was already stated in this thread so nobody needs to click or subscribe anywhere to discuss about it.

Not to mention that anybody is free to discuss and link any youtube video (and it already happened with other predictions video in the last pages) and the restriction is only regarding making new threads.

sanstesy

I HIGHLY doubt Nintendo will want to invest in a large scale Metroid project, let alone an open world one, that's just crazy talk.

I feel about this with a lot of Nintendo franchises that are nowadays abandoned and generally never sold that well.

Don't develop a new F-Zero, develop a new racing franchise. Don't develop a new Metroid Prime, develop a new FPS franchise with great level design and western focus. I think there is more potential for everyone involved.

With that said, i really want a new proper metroid. Also, this crazy new IP, which genre would be cool for it to be in? Splatoon was a great multiplayer shooter, which genre nintendo needs to have a great franchise on?

I was gettin' pretty excited for a new 3D Mario in March. Now that Zelda's likely a day one release, I hope Mario isn't being pushed to November. C'mon Nintendo, Super Mario Galaxy 2 in May sold great! Let's do a repeat.

I'm also a little worried about the fate of Mario at Launch... but if I'm getting Zelda I suppose I can't be too greedy.

I feel about this with a lot of Nintendo franchises that are nowadays abandoned and generally never sold that well.

Don't develop a new F-Zero, develop a new racing franchise. Don't develop a new Metroid Prime, develop a new FPS franchise with great level design and western focus. I think there is more potential for everyone involved.

No need for a new racing franchise, just make a new Wave Race. WR64 sold well enough.

With that said, i really want a new proper metroid. Also, this crazy new IP, which genre would be cool for it to be in? Splatoon was a great multiplayer shooter, which genre nintendo needs to have a great franchise on?

Linear action adventure brawler, a la Batman Arkham.

Don't necessarily want that from them, but that's the only genre I can think of.

I enjoy my cinematic shooter every now then.

Nintendo tackle something like that. Could be lighthearted & weird. Or super serious.

sanstesy

No need for a new racing franchise, just make a new Wave Race. WR64 sold well enough.

Wave Race is not a replacement for a racing franchise, as much as I like it. And the appeal of niche sports/motorsports like Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Jet-Ski's is extremely shakey and specifically in the case of Wave Race unproven in today's market.

shingi70

Banned

Or really franchises but

I want to See either Wave Race or Fzero come back.

Beyond that I want the MARIO sports games to come back in a big way since the wii branding might be dead. Mario Sports games for every sport with nice console level graphics and full season and RPG modes by Camelot.

I know that, but when people say open world, in my mind they are thinking about a super huge open map, not narrow corridors, with a few open parts in it. The 2d metroid games can do a lot to change for example their setting, i played in zebes for what? four games?

I think that if they open up in terms of allowing sequence breaking again in the 3d titles and showing different weapons and items will already do lots to make metroid fresh.

When I think "open world," I just think of players being given the freedom to pursue and complete objectives and tackle areas in different orders.

Large open maps are just a feature of games that follow an overworld design structure, where there's a map zone or series of map zones that functionally exist largely to connect other map zones. That's not the only kind of design structure a game can follow.

oti

Banned

I'd love to be wrong but my gut tells me it's just the Nintendo Land-ish minigame collection and the crazy stuff the leakers have heard about are the weird uses of the Joy-Con in those minigames.

That's the most realistic scenario here even if it's not the most exciting one.

I'd love to be wrong but my gut tells me it's just the Nintendo Land-ish minigame collection and the crazy stuff the leakers have heard about are the weird uses of the Joy-Con in those minigames.

According to Emily it's an new IP more like splatoon (proper full game) than a minigame collection IP

Xiao Hu

Yeaaaaaah, no thanks on that one. I need something with more consistency pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom