• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Seems accurate

Unfortunately
I stile cant accept a simple very good and solid direct for the switch reveal

That list would be a good wiiu /home console direct list

I can tell you will be tons of fun in the Switch threads to come.

Waji

C1WMH1pUAAAynJB.jpg
This is so ridiculously fake.
I mean, what real list would begin with only titles we know about (except for Minecraft ?). It's too easy.
And that's only one of the many, many things we could think of.

Edit : Forgot about AC Egypt, but... it speaks for itself.

alt27

Any word on how many there making for launch ? There going the usual Nintendo route and making a tiny amount again are they ?

Neoxon

Any word on how many there making for launch ? There going the usual Nintendo route and making a tiny amount again are they ?
Nintendo's expecting to sell 2 million before the end of the fiscal year, so I guess that's one reference point to use.

JuicyWizrd

Neo Member
Mmm... predictions...

- € 249,99 base model (retailers here will screw us over, just you watch), € 299,99 with game. 17th of March release.
- OS not all that different from 3DS/Wii U, but an improvement overall.
- Mii's are still in, but have a smaller role.
- online will be free... for now.
- Virtual Console will launch with a select amount of games; new games will be added more quickly.
- Gamecube VC at launch; Super Mario Sunshine, Wave Race Blue Storm and original Pikmin.

- Breath of the Wild at launch, even in Europe.
- Super Mario Switch reveal, november release.
- Warioware Switch it up!
- Pikmin 4
- Nintendo talks about the Wii U ports and show off Splatoon ReSplattered, Mario Kart Powered up and Smash Bros. for Switch. Other games will follow down the line, but at another time. Nintendo feels these games need another chance to shine.
- a glimpse of the new Monolith project
- Teaser for Retro Studios new game

- Third party sizzle reel;
- Games mentioned are FIFA, NBA 2K17, Skyrim Remastered, Resident EVII, Injustice 2, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghost Recon Wildlands and others.
- Beyond Good & Evil Prequel, BG&E HD available on eShop soon
- Rabbids x Mario
- One unexpected third party game no one could have guessed

Nice predictions!

Do so many of you want this new console to fail. Is it because you carnt have two consoles??

Even if switch is quite a bit more powerful than wii u I will be more than happy.

The games is what make the machine and nintendo always have made games that optimise the best from day one.

I have never known when nintendo allowed public to win or be invited for hands on.

I am privileged to be doing just that a week today in London.

I don't want to know anymore about what's coming I want to be surprised!!

It's not going to be a hugely powerful machine from day one but i think it will grow.

I am hoping they bring back the likes of wave racer and pilotwings.

Waji

Do so many of you want this new console to fail. Is it because you carnt have two consoles??
What do you mean by "you" ?
Most people present now on this thread probably hope the Switch will work well.

I don't want to know anymore about what's coming I want to be surprised!!
Then you shouldn't come on a topic like this one : P.
We're talking about everything we can find, so...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If that list doesn't excite you...
might as well hang up your Nintendo cleats.

Is there something that indicates the Switch being different from wiiu in terms of third party support, first party efficency (being the list full of wiiu ports and zelda), advantages deriving from the hybrid concept (merging of lineups, japanese third party support and so on)?

Honest question

To me seems a reskinned wiiu with the very same predictable issues and no actual improvements over a normal Nintendo home console

Is there something that indicates the Switch being different from wiiu in terms of third party support, first party efficency (being the list full of wiiu ports and zelda), advantages deriving from the hybrid concept (merging of lineups, japanese third party support and so on)?

Honest question

To me seems a reskinned wiiu with the very same predictable issues and no actual improvements over a normal Nintendo home console

I mean this is inevitable, since there's only going to be one console. Of course the launch is going to be ports and Zelda, cos we haven't seen anything else yet. They've obviously been working on other stuff.

Ok , but what where the reaction to the wii u hands on? I was also talking about a global hands on.

I feel this nintendo console is to be marketed and promoted a while lot better than wii u. I did not even hear it anyone in UK trying the wii u in 2012.

Back when the Wii launched, I remember Game and similar retailers took advantage of shortages to force customers to buy terrible in-store bundles. You couldn't buy a Wii on its own, only with 3-4 shovelware games and some pathetic Wii Sports plastic tennis racket / golf club shells for 400 quid...

Hope they don't try this again with the Switch. (They will)

Waji

Honest question

Seriously ?
You know I think it's really bad for your health to be so negative. The more you are, the hardest it is to become positive.
There has been so many signs about third party being obviously better on Switch than Wii U.

It just can't be worst or as bad, it can only be better.

Isn't there a good chance for leaks like a day or two before the presentation because certain places will have the Switch to demo to the public a few days after the presentation? I hope the most we see are pictures of the Switch in a store and not the games that are being demoed.

Waji

Isn't there a good chance for leaks like a day or two before the presentation because certain places will have the Switch to demo to the public a few days after the presentation? I hope the most we see are pictures of the Switch in a store and not the games that are being demoed.
Considering how Nintendo was careful during the time they worked on the commercial I don't see it being really different.
Might be wrong but that's how I see it.

Seriously ?
You know I think it's really bad for your health to be so negative. The more you are, the hardest it is to become positive.
There has been so many signs about third party being obviously better on Switch than Wii U.

It just can't be worst or as bad, it can only be better.

Agreed with that, seeing bethesda support early in the life of this new system is something that I thought that would be totally impossible. Before the launch of the WiiU, they said they had no interest in this system just "if the market is here, so maybe they will be there later,", but for the Switch it seems to be a different case.

oti

Banned

Honest question

- it's easier to develop for
- Nintendo is pass the rough SD->HD transition
- Organisational restructuring to unify handheld and console business increases potential for higher efficiency regarding software output
- since it's a handheld it will be more successful in Japan, which leads to more Japanese games
- Western 3rd parties will follow if the numbers are there

Switch could be a ginormous flop in the end, nobody knows. But why are you so negative before we know any hard info at all?

The things Nintendo does to someone's brain... I am fairly sure that the next zombie-apocalypse will come because of Nintendo. Raving pessimists devouring all the positives violently. That would be a great survival horror idea for Nintendo. Make it happen!

I have my trusty foliohat though so they won't get me!

Honest question

Well it's also their handheld going forward so better third party support (from Eastern developers) is guaranteed as is a better first party library 'cause now they don't need to make games for two systems or two entries in a series for each system. Helps that certain developers that previously never supported a Nintendo system are supporting them now

Like, it'd be really hard to do as bad as the Wii U. It can only go up

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I wonder if the accounts will still be "locked" on one console or you can use your account everywhere. Because we heard rumours about region free, but nothing yet about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom