• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea that when Nintendo has a big presentation coming up, they just print off a list of games in a spiffy spreadsheet and idk just leaving laying around the office so employees can read it.

INTERNAL USE ONLY PLZ DO NOT STEAL

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I mean this is inevitable, since there's only going to be one console. Of course the launch is going to be ports and Zelda, cos we haven't seen anything else yet. They've obviously been working on other stuff.

Sorry but I need more than "obvious " deductions
people were telling that mhxx was obviously a switch game, no are saying it wont be there for example

Seriously ?
You know I think it's really bad for your health to be so negative. The more you are, the hardest it is to become positive.
There has been so many signs about third party being obviously better on Switch than Wii U.

It just can't be worst or as bad, it can only be better.

My health has been kicked by the flu, not the switch p
Btw, which signs? Wii first year had tons of third party games

Sorry but I need more than "obvious " deductions
people were telling that mhxx was obviously a switch game, no are saying it wont be there for example

So what do you think Nintendo's been working on?

I wonder if the accounts will still be "locked" on one console or you can use your account everywhere. Because we heard rumours about region free, but nothing yet about this.

This would honestly be close to a deal-breaker for me as far as purchasing digital content is concerned. I'm not calling Nintendo in 2017 to transfer my account to a new system if mine breaks/gets lost/is stolen and I'm done doing system transfers.

If I cannot retrieve my games via a simple log-in process on a new Switch system, something is very, very wrong.

sphinx

the piano man
C1WMH1pUAAAynJB.jpg

Slightly different.

you know, I can tell this is fake because it doesn't say

"Highly confidential! do not share with anyone!"

I will give you all honest feedback on what I encounter after Sunday 15th .

I also will be quizzing nintendo is how my nintendo will work with switch and about qol.

Any plans for extensions such as add on power? Vr etc. Especially if these questions are not addressed or announced during presentation or afterwards.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Honestly, as far as games go I'm far more excited for the third party announcements than what games Nintendo may announce at the event.

I feel like we know Nintendo *will* bring the goods no matter what, 3rd parties are more exciting because they are, for the most part, entirely unknown, and will paint a clearer picture of what we can expect in terms of support down the line.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I also will be quizzing nintendo is how my nintendo will work with switch and about qol.

Any plans for extensions such as add on power? Vr etc. Especially if these questions are not addressed or announced during presentation or afterwards.
Please don't. Those are probably hired event people and don't have to knowledge you are seeking.

I will give you all honest feedback on what I encounter after Sunday 15th .

Won't it be just be Nintendo reps at these events? Doubt they'll know much more than we know.

on the off chance anyone has a spare ticket to the London Switch event next weekend, I'd love to take it off you :)

Waji

I'm sorry for that. Though being too negative also has an impact on you mental health.
Come on, force yourself to be a little more positive, you'll even feel better to fight the flu.

To answer you, there's already what has been said by another member on thie page :
- it's easier to develop for
- Nintendo is pass the rough SD->HD transition
- Organisational restructuring to unify handheld and console business increases potential for higher efficiency regarding software output
- since it's a handheld it will be more successful in Japan, which leads to more Japanese games
- Western 3rd parties will follow if the numbers are there

But also lots of other signs.
The way each third party talks about the Switch, the fact that it has a game like Dragon Quest XI among other details should enough for you to at least think :
"Ok it's promising, let's wait a few weeks/months to see how well it goes".
Don't expect full third party, maybe there will be more Japanese than western ones (IMO), but you shouldn't expect something as bad as the Wii U, which by the way still managed to get extremely surprising games like Bayonetta and others.

And the Wii was focusing so much on the motion control I don't think it's comparable.
I didn't check the initial third party supportfor this one but I'm sure it's pretty different.

So with all that, you can realistically expect at least "low-medium support" with an ok amount of nice surprises.
Again, sales is probably what will matter the most.

Scrawnton

Surely though, surely in 2017, Nintendo wouldn't be that stupid..... Would they?
They have account data not on the system and every purchase is tied to My Nintendo. Now Nintendo just needs to give the option to allow you to sign in to other systems.

I personally think Switch's account system will be just like 3DS. That will anger some but it won't matter to me.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I personally think Switch's account system will be just like 3DS. That will anger some but it won't matter to me.

This could certainly turn me away from buying day one if there are not good enough other reasons that overturn my negativity towards that kind of account system. I should not need to get in contact with nintendo if my switch breaks, and I should be able to register my account on a second system.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
switch to use punch cards confirmed

Scrawnton

This could certainly turn me away from buying day one if there are not good enough other reasons that overturn my negativity towards that kind of account system. I should not need to get in contact with nintendo if my switch breaks, and I should be able to register my account on a second system.

I can see the former happening but I doubt Nintendo lets you have your account on more than one system at a time.
I'm really not sure how they're gonna handle it but Nintendo will do their best to make sure no one gets free games out of it. They'll give you account freedom also long as it means only you can play the game you bought on a device at once time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What is even the point of an account system if you can't use it through multiple devices lol
Implying that people would never get a Switch revision down the line and want to redownload their games quickly and easily. Or maybe there will be a Switch successor that plays the same games.

At the end of the day there is absolutely no reason for there not to be an account system, qnd there's nonexcuse for not having one.

Scrawnton

Implying that people would never get a Switch revision down the line and want to redownload their games quickly and easily. Or maybe there will be a Switch successor that plays the same games.

At the end of the day there is absolutely no reason for there not to be an account system, qnd there's nonexcuse for not having one.
I don't like the way Nintendo does their account system but it's manageable on 3DS. I have a n3DS and a n3DSxl that I bounce back and forth between every month or so and the transfer process takes me no longer than $15 minutes. It's annoying that I can't just have both the systems activated at the same time but this is a portable and it would be insane to force me to sign in online to verify that I'm playing and lock the other 3DS out of playing for now. This is the only way for now that Nintendo can guarantee one game being played per purchase and no loopholes.

For example, it frustrates the heck out of me when I'm playing PS4 and my fiancé signs into my name on the PS4 in our bedroom and it logs me off my system and closes my game.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I can see the former happening but I doubt Nintendo lets you have your account on more than one system at a time.
I'm really not sure how they're gonna handle it but Nintendo will do their best to make sure no one gets free games out of it. They'll give you account freedom also long as it means only you can play the game you bought on a device at once time.

I expect nothing less than the same kind of account system sony uses for PS4 Systems.
Everything less would be one reason less to buy it.

of course I expect the worst if we talk about nintendo accounts. But I'll not longer think about this kind of "problem" until next friday. I hope nintendo suprises me tho!

For example, it frustrates the heck out of me when I'm playing PS4 and my fiancé signs into my name on the PS4 in our bedroom and it logs me off my system and closes my game.
give her her own account, make the ps4 in your bedroom your primary and she'll be able to play your games with your account without kicking you out.
This is how my fiancée and I solved that problem :).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This would honestly be close to a deal-breaker for me as far as purchasing digital content is concerned. I'm not calling Nintendo in 2017 to transfer my account to a new system if mine breaks/gets lost/is stolen and I'm done doing system transfers.

If I cannot retrieve my games via a simple log-in process on a new Switch system, something is very, very wrong.

Yeah, I think that would stop me for getting digital games too.

Scrawnton

I expect nothing less than the same kind of account system sony uses for PS4 Systems.
Everything less would be one reason less to buy it.

of course I expect the worst if we talk about nintendo accounts. But I'll not longer think about this kind of "problem" until next friday. I hope nintendo suprises me tho!

give him his own account, make the ps4 in your bedroom your primary and he'll be able to play your games with your account without kicking you out.
This is how my fiancée and I solved that problem :).
She already has her own account but she never pays attention and sometimes logs in to my account still. But like I said, I'm not expecting to be able to be on more than one system at once with Switch. It won't be as much of a hassle since I can buy a second dock and just move the Switch from room to room.

Tfw you have an exam the day before the Switch event so you're feeling hyped and worried at the same time right now.

Stop thinking about the Switch and focus on the exam. Once that's over, you'll be in full hype mode, which will be a great reward for a job well done.

Calm Mind

A enhanced Mario Kart 8 port but with Double Dash character switching would be enough for me at this point. Thankfully, Nintendo is capable of more than that.

Plum

At least you get it over with. I have one a few days after. :(

My first exam after the 13th is on the 16th so it's enough time for me to have a nice day off from revision and enjoy the presentation and Treehouse. Feels good man, especially since the presentation is 4am here.

sammex

Tfw you have an exam the day before the Switch event so you're feeling hyped and worried at the same time right now.

Snap! It's going to be a full spectrum of emotion within 24 hours - dread and despair, followed by relief, giving way to hype and excitement.

LordKano

So I'm on a flight right now and I noticed a man looking like Shibata from the back. He was working on his computer. He went to take a shit so I quickly snapped a picture of his computer and it was the Switch event !!!
Here are dem leaks, quote my name when you'll spread them all over the internet :

So I'm on a flight right now and I noticed a man looking like Shibata from the back. He was working on his computer. He went to take a shit so I quickly snapped a picture of his computer and it was the Switch event !!!
Here are dem leaks, quote my name when you'll spread them all over the internet :

That's probably fake.

Haha good one, I imagine if the Metroid Prime Federation Force HD would have been real, the lastest metroid fans still alive will die Instantly.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

LOL

Scrawnton

Man, remember the time someone leaked a file list like that for last March's Nintendo Direct and we all thought it was fake and it was actually spot on? Crazy times.

Well, those titles are movie title rip offs. 8ful 8 = Tarintinos H8teful 8. Civil War = Captain America?

Seems kind of odd. Plus no mention of third parties what so ever.

Kneefoil

that has to be faek beuse f-zero swich will be caled f-zero sx becus my ungle who works for nintendo sed so

Fake. We still haven't gotten Splatoon: The Octoling Soldier.

TLZ

Banned
Is his computer legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom