• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

what-ok

So this is currently happening somewhere on the internet. Spoilered.

1483859084737.jpg
I'm trying to stay positive, but from title alone...please prove me wrong.

Metaroo

I don't buy it. The game seems like something they'd release during August or September.

Yeah, I don't either. There's two more, but I don't feel like uploading whats probably a fake.

The other two are Mario Kart 8 "Switched" and Splatoon Remix'D.

Edit: See for yourself. Link is 4chan, so NSFW.

Leaks

So this is currently happening somewhere on the internet. Spoilered.

1483859084737.jpg

Rabbids logo the same as always but that's obvious

Mushroom logo however is literally the one used in Smash, but with a thicker border. Has Mario ever re-used the Smash mushroom vector for anything else?

The only thing throwing me off is the font, but I got exact same composition for "Kingdom" from daFont, so it looks like they only worked on "Battle"

966d0f7521.png

I'd give this a light 5 maybe

Edit: what is this crap

0a1b485ca8.jpg

Nintendo is at least consistently good with their graphic design, so I really really doubt this would happen on their watch. So yeah, fake

Net

I hope it's not actually titled Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Because that's a lame name that doesn't really invoke Mario at first glance.

Hermii

So you think Zelda and Splatoon are the launch games from Nintendo? That's it? Really?

No wonder some of you have low expectations. Mario might not be at launch, but I'll be downright shocked if at least one more Switch-exclusive (meaning: not a Wii U port) is not out on day one.
We don't know every gimmick of the system yet. I assume there will be some kind of Nintendoland / wii sports

Yeah, I don't either. There's two more, but I don't feel like uploading whats probably a fake.

The other two are Mario Kart 8 "Switched" and Splatoon Remix'D.

Edit: See for yourself. Link is 4chan, so NSFW.

Leaks

LMAO thank you for posting the link, the "proof" getting increasingly harder to read as the thread goes on until it hits the nearly unintelligible Pikmin 4 is hilarious.

jnWake

Remix'd works fine for Splatoon. IIRC the final boss had some lines with remix on it too.

However, Splatoon seems to be more sequel-ish than a remaster so Remix'd could be a bad name.

Nintendo,

talk to me about a new warioware that comes pre-installed on every switch for free and is designed around a blending of the tablet functionality and button control (playable when docked by splitting off the joy cons in each hand and using the IR pointer if you must play it docked) with incentives to play it on the go and play locally with other switch owners. talk to me about how it will have that rusty's real deal baseball model and youll be able to pay varying amounts to expand the games content. talk to me about semi-regular content updates to this game. just talk to me about warioware switched.

please and thanks

Exactly. My feeling too yet many more feel like the innovation is the joy con and portability, but it has to be more, right?

I honestly think we know most, if not all, of the Switch's unique-selling-points. But I still don't believe for a second we know the entire first party launch window lineup. And there's absolutely no way in hell we know the entire 2017 lineup.

Remix'd works fine for Splatoon. IIRC the final boss had some lines with remix on it too.

However, Splatoon seems to be more sequel-ish than a remaster so Remix'd could be a bad name.

Splatoon: Second Coat.

It's perfect. Thematically relevant, and can be interpreted as a sequel, or just a 'second coat' of the original game.

Re-Fresh, people. Re-Fresh

Splatoon on Switch should be called Splatoon Re-Fresh

No. Refresh, remix'd, Spla2n, are all terrible.

Rabbids and splatoon look pretty convincing at face value however MK8 switched looks completely terrible.
I agree, however that shouldn't disqualify it since theres so many random things that could make teh final logo look like that.

If its official I take offence at Splatoon not being called Splatoon 2. its a sequel. :(

Nickovic

Nintendo,

talk to me about a new warioware that comes pre-installed on every switch for free and is designed around a blending of the tablet functionality and button control (playable when docked by splitting off the joy cons in each hand and using the IR pointer if you must play it docked) with incentives to play it on the go and play locally with other switch owners. talk to me about how it will have that rusty's real deal baseball model and youll be able to pay varying amounts to expand the games content. talk to me about semi-regular content updates to this game. just talk to me about warioware switched.

please and thanks

We got no new Warioware on the U or 3DS. I think it's dead. That makes me sad.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I agree, however that shouldn't disqualify it since theres so many random things that could make teh final logo look like that.

If its official I take offence at Splatoon not being called Splatoon 2. its a sequel. :(
To be fair there haven't been any rumors that it's a sequel. Fans have just been assuming it's a sequel because of new animations and clothing options which to me signifies it possibly being splatoon 1.5

Even if this were real, who cares? We already know about those games and the release date is the long-rumored one. Nothing is gained from this.

I doubt any of the developers involved would go on daFont to write their logo so I wouldn't bet on Rabbids at all lol

To be fair there haven't been any rumors that it's a sequel. Fans have just been assuming it's a sequel because of new animations and clothing options which to me signifies it possibly being splatoon 1.5
By that logic Kirby Planet Robobot is a port of Triple Deluxe since it has the same engine and shares assets. It just has new levels so its an "enchanced port".

Splatoon from the trailer is a sequel. Same with Mario Kart since it has new stuff and is rumored to have 16 new tracks and likely same with Smash.

This "its all ports" posts are equally dumb simce the only actual port so far is Zelda and the rumored Xenoblade X.

Kinsei

Banned
By that logic Kirby Planet Robobot is a port of Triple Deluxe since it has the same engine and shares assets. It just has new levels so its an "enchanced port".

Splatoon from the trailer is a sequel. Same with Mario Kart since it has new stuff and is rumored to have 16 new tracks and likely same with Smash.

This "its all ports" posts are equally dumb simce the only actual port so far is Zelda and the rumored Xenoblade X.

If Splatoon as the exact same content as the original with a few new multiplayer maps and customization items added then it's an enhanced port. The same goes for Mario Kart and Smash.

If Splatoon as the exact same content as the original with a few new multiplayer maps and customization items added then it's an enhanced port. The same goes for Mario Kart and Smash.
No. If it has new maps is a sequel. And guess what? We saw a new map already. Stop talking nonsense. Your "a few new multiplayer maps and customization items added" is the definition of a multiplayer sequel since it usually brings back some stuff. And as of right now, no old maps are even confirmed. (Tho they are likely.) But in the end its still a sequel.

Kinsei

Banned
No. If it has new maps is a sequel. And guess what? We saw a new map already. Stop talking nonsense. Your "a few new multiplayer maps and customization items added" is the definition of a multiplayer sequel since it usually brings back some stuff. And as of right now, no old maps are even confirmed. (Tho they are likely.) But in the end its still a sequel.

If the single player is the exact same (or the exact same with an extra world or two added) then it's an enhanced port. A few new multiplayer maps doesn't change that.

Neoxon

If the single player is the exact same (or the exact same with an extra world or two added) then it's an enhanced port. A few new multiplayer maps doesn't change that.
He's/she's thoroughly convinced that the Wii U enhanced ports are actual sequels, despite MK8 in particular being quite clearly an enhanced port. At this point, I'd just leave him/her be until the official reveal.

Another 4 days away. I just hope that they don't fuck up the reveal like they did with the Wii U twice by just showing people the Wii U Gamepad & letting them think that it's a Wii add-on.

To this day, a lot of people don't know what Wii U is. Nintendo has to be clear-cut, & precise on their delivery.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Another 4 days away. I just don't hope that they don't fuck up the reveal like they did with the Wii U twice by just showing people the Wii U Gamepad & letting them think that it's a Wii add-on.

the first switch trailer and the fallon show took care of that already imho.

Another 4 days away. I just don't hope that they don't fuck up the reveal like they did with the Wii U twice by just showing people the Wii U Gamepad & letting them think that it's a Wii add-on.

To this day, a lot of people don't know what Wii U is. Nintendo has to be clear-cut, & precise on their delivery.

is this a post in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom