• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Did GoNintendo seriously reported a list with Dragon Quest X as a launch game on it ?
I thought they were somewhat a bit serious concerning their reports.

Dragon Quest X producer Yosuke Saito mentioned the PS4 and NX ports of the MMO in response to a question about server load on the current Wii, Wii U, and Windows versions of the game.

"I think there will be an influx of new players that peaks with the launch of the PS4 and NX editions", said Saito. "Up until then, rather than the incoming new players, we are doing our best for the people who are playing already."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/08/dragon-quest-10-confirmed-for-nintendo-nx

It's old news.

Oregano

Yeah. I think it's pretty safe to say that eventually Pokemon will be on the NS. And Skyrim on the NS is probably the worst kept secret ever. I don't see anything crazy about that.

Does it even count as a secret if it's one of a handful games shown for the system and the producer of the series outright confirms it in an interview?

GAF is stupid for jumping on the "lol not even coming to Switch"-train

500k for the whole of Europe would be an utter and complete disaster.

Doing some pretty poor math with poor logic on my behalf, if they launch in lets say most European countries, call it 40 out of 50+ with only 500k units to spread about, there'll only be 12500 units a country.

Disaster. Imagine that.

It would be a day of crisis, no doubt.

Hey, what time is the switch presentation in Europe? (Amsterdam)

BY2K

Membero Americo
That's nothing new.

Life is pain, BY2K.

Life is pain.

C1xI8QEWgAAjPOq.jpg:large

-Horizon-

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

A rock solid hard 3 😏

The hardware won't be amazeballs. Its a buffed up portable wii u. Go in expecting that much and you will likely not be disappointed.

I still expect a $249. I'm unsure if that'll be the standard model price or the bundle one.

I think we'll see a bunch of wii u and current gen old ports to which people will complain about there not being anything new.

I predict 3 new launch games though. New games in established series and new IPs.

I just hope the GameStop rumor for 2.5 million for NA alone on its first wave is true. I also heard someone on reddit say that a GameStop in Canada said that preorders will be unlimited, though I'm in America so that might be different. I plan to reserve 2 since my brother wants one as well. My brother had no issues preordering his Xbox One and I imagine it sold better at launch than the Switch probably will in March.

Scrawnton

I just hope the GameStop rumor for 2.5 million for NA alone on its first wave is true. I also heard someone on reddit say that a GameStop in Canada said that preorders will be unlimited, though I'm in America so that might be different. I plan to reserve 2 since my brother wants one as well. My brother had no issues preordering his Xbox One and I imagine it sold better at launch than the Switch probably will in March.
It's not about how popular Switch will be. It's about how much artificial demand Nintendo decides to make.

Neoxon

Haven't been really keeping up, is this going to be a direct or an actual on stage presentation? Not that I care either way
On-stage presentation. The actual presentation will be in Japanese, but each respective stream will dub it in English.

Dystify

Nintendo 3DS was released in March 2011 (February in Japan) and the launch splits were:

NA:1.32 million
Japan: 1.06 million
Other (EU, Australia, ...): 1.23 million

Total: 3.61 million

While for Wii U (released November/December 2012) the splits were:

NA: 1.32 million
Japan: 0.83 million
Other (EU, Australia, ...): 0.90million

Total: 3.06 million

(Sales numbers are from vgsales.wikia.com. No idea how accurate they are.)

So if Switch is 2 million this fiscal year (which ends March) I personally expect:

NA: 800k
Japan:500k
Other (EU, Australia, ...): 700k

If Switch does release March 17th that's basically the sales in the first two weeks. What do you guys predict for the region splits?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been really keeping up, is this going to be a direct or an actual on stage presentation? Not that I care either way

Live presentation. I wouldn't expect an E3 style spectacle though. Probably a more business like presentation. It's also in Japanese with live translators.

Lexxism

No if its not Amazon. Everywhere in the US will take the money out your bank that day. Or "pre auth" charge.

I'm not sure how it works regarding credit cards, but if the funds aren't in your account when they do the pre-authorization hold, your pre-order is cancelled. And Target checks your funds every week or so until the item ships. Best Buy only does it once (right after the initial pre-order is made), I believe.

And yes, you can always cancel anytime you'd like before the order is fulfilled.
Ah, debit card. No idea on how that thing works with pre-order.

Scrawnton

Nintendo 3DS was released in March 2011 (February in Japan) and the splits were:

NA:1.32 million
Japan: 1.06 million
Other (EU, Australia, ...): 1.23 million

Total: 3.61 million

While for Wii U (released November/December 2012) the splits were:

NA: 1.32 million
Japan: 0.83 million
Other (EU, Australia, ...): 0.90million

Total: 3.06 million

So if Switch is 2 million this fiscal year (which ends March) I personally expect:

NA: 800k
Japan:500k
Other (EU, Australia, ...): 700k

If Switch does release March 17th that's basically the sales in the first two weeks. What do you guys predict for the region splits?

I predict that if it's $250 and Zelda launches with it and it releases mid march, 2m units will not be enough for two weeks. Not nearly enough.

7roject28

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

6= OBE1

Would Europe even get the same amount as NA wouldnt sales in NA be much stronger?
NA is usually stronger for Nintendo than EU, but the difference hasn't been as big the last decade, especially in portables.
3DS_EU

It's old news that it's coming to Switch in general, but considering it's been around over 4 years and not come to the west on any of its 4 platforms, the suggestion that a Switch version will is rightfully suspect.

Scrawnton

It's old news that it's coming to Switch in general, but considering it's been around over 4 years and not come to the west on any of its 4 platforms, the suggestion that a Switch version will is rightfully suspect.
The funny thing is I think the Chinese version of the game already has an English translation within it. I might be mixing my Eastern console MMOs up, though. That could be true for PSO2 and not DQX.

Dmax3901

The building hype in this thread is reminding me of those heady days spent in 50 different rumours threads leading up the NX reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom