• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
"Smaller" titles like Rime and Shovel Knight are my favorite as I actually have time to finish them, but I currently play just about everything on Xbox. Really curious to see if I'll be tempted to "Switch" platforms for that kind of game.

DonShula

Any chance pre-orders in the US even go live today, or is this going to be one of those bullshit 3:00 AM PST on a random Wednesday for two minutes in February deals?

Absolute best case it's going to be midnight EST. I'm guessing 3am for Amazon. Best Buy seems to update pricing and add titles in the 1a-2a range generally.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
It's a shock collar that kills you if you run out of lives. Really cutting edge. Avant-garde tech at its finest. It's all they're talking about in Silicon Valley.

I think I've found a new kink although this almost surely confirms that Dark Souls would never come to Switch. Pretty sure that's just murder at that point.

We are 9 hours away from history being made
as Nintendo reveals a console for the last time

giphy.gif

18-Volt

Why do I feel like I'm going to hate Arms, Snipperclips and 1 2 Switch? Because of their ridiculous names?

Oh god, now I realized they'll be played for hours at Treehouse live stream! I really don't want to watch NoA employers to play Samurai training mini game over and over again! But I probably will.

Hopefully Amazon or Best Buy come through. There is no way I can wait in line at GameStop or any other retail location for that matter...

Same here..its pouring rain here in SoCal no way will I go there tomorrow at 8am to pre order a Switch..hopefully they post it online and I can pre order that way

DonShula

Why do I feel like I'm going to hate Arms, Snipperclips and 1 2 Switch? Because of their ridiculous names?

Oh god, now I realized they'll be played for hours at Treehouse live stream! I really don't want to watch NoA employers to play Samurai training mini game over and over again! But I probably will.

Those names, absent context and marketing, do seem to suck. Hoping the games themselves are a little more interesting.

Toad.T

Banned
Honestly surprised that some random countries' trademark department hasn't spoiled all the fun, like what happened with Sun/Moon

Ibuki

Banned
Same here..its pouring rain here in SoCal no way will I go there tomorrow at 8am to pre order a Switch..hopefully they post it online and I can pre order that way

I would, but I start work before the stores would even open. If I was off work I'd probably be crazy enough to brave the elements.

If you have a Twitter account, I advise following "Cheapassgamer" and "Wario64". Turn on notifications for their accounts if you have a way to do so. Between the two of them, I haven't missed a gaming-related deal yet.

Are the games listed in the poll rumored to be launch titles or just what will be shown tonight?

Those are titles that are rumored to be playable at an EU event. So that would indicate they will be launch or close to launch titles. But no, that would not be all that will be shown tonight.

18-Volt

Those names, absent context and marketing, do seem to suck. Hoping the games themselves are a little more interesting.

That Samurai training thing is reminding me the god-awful Shuriken throwing mini game in Nintendoland. There is nothing worse than gimmicky mini games.

Zedark

Are the games listed in the poll rumored to be launch titles or just what will be shown tonight?

They are games that are rumoured to be playable at a Switch event in Europe. There is no guarantee that:

1. All games listed make launch;
2. No games outside of that list are available at launch;
3. Nintendo announces only those games during the presentation;
4. Nintendo announces all of the games listed during the presentation;
5. These games are all the games that are playable at the Europe events.

They're from a 4chan leak that purported to originate from someone setting up the marketing materials for the playable demoes at a European event happening this weekend. So, if these are real, they aren't necessarily launch titles, nor are they necessarily the only titles being shown. Just that they are the playable titles that this one person saw during the set-up for a European event.

Mik317

all anyone should be expecting is.

Zelda
Mario
Mario Rabbids
Mk8 "port" with some new courses, characters,battle mode and the ability to hold onto items
Splatoon "port" with new stages.
MAYBE some new IP, but not a major one..think smaller.
Obvious 3rd party stuff like Fifa, COD, 2K...and maaaaaybe Skyrim..but thats it.
and perhaps BG&E2.
Lots of indie stuff
Smaller Japanese titles.

and thats about it.

Anyone going into this expecting All of the warriors to show up now will be massively dissapointed. Yes. The Wii U has been dead for a while but that doesn't mean everything HAS to show up tonight....thats not how things work.

as with every conference, expect the bare minimum...that way even the small surprises are actual surprises.

But considering people are already let down, this will fall on deaf ears I guess.

If you have a Twitter account, I advise following "Cheapassgamer" and "Wario64". Turn on notifications for their accounts if you have a way to do so. Between the two of them, I haven't missed a gaming-related deal yet.

Awesome I added them both thanks so much..I prefer gamestop online since I have the most credit with them, but if I have to buy from amazon or best buy that's fine too I dont care at this point

Rhuidan

Neo Member
They are doing this early so people preorders the game before it gets buried once the big games get announced. I think I will get this one anyways since I skip it on Wii U and word of mouth seems to indicate it's a good game.

This was a fantastic game, humour is really good.

Dumb question, but is there a separate UK/Europe stream? Or are we all jumping in on the same channel since it's a worldwide thing? Will the stream quality hold up if everyone jumps in on the same stream?

oti

Banned
This thread is getting crazy. I'll post my final predictions a bit later. Nothing new, just a recap. Gonna wake up at 4:30 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom