• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyKong

So I'm expected to get up at 4 to watch the presentation, go back to bed, then back up at 7 so I can get a pre order in on Amazon?

My body can't handle these erratic hours.

SuperSah

Banned
So I'm expected to get up at 4 to watch the presentation, go back to bed, then back up at 7 so I can get a pre order in on Amazon?

I'm pulling an all-nighter, fuck it.

Staying up, watching this shit then browse the hype train for a couple hours, get a preorder in then sleep.

psyfi

Banned

You could just wake up at 7 for the pre-order and watch the presentation then. Good sleep is worth it, thought I prioritize sleep over most things in life, haha.

Plum

So what you're saying is...
your body is not ready?

Your body must be ready

Where does it mention 7am?

Good call. I spotted it when I refreshed the page.

That Amazon Switch holding page mentions nothing about a time though. The page has been the same for months.

Didn't work on my desktop, but on my phone you can see the product page and there's a section beneath it that has a note saying that pre-orders go live at 7 AM BST and that it'll be limited to one per user. Orders will be fulfilled in the order that they are made.

KAL2006

Banned
How long is this conference. Not bothered about watching it live but would like to watch it before I go work so need to know how early I need to wake up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Remember 7am BST is 6am GMT/UTC. Don't know why Amazon is using British Summer Time during the winter.

Time for a Wishlist:
- No subscription needed for online play.
- Account system similar to Xbox/Playstation.
- Priced accordingly.
- Teaser for the next game from Monolith Soft.
- Some surprise announcements, maybe Klonoa??

Oooooh do a put a preorder in in the morning or just wait and queue for 25 hours in london for the inevitable launch event like i did with the wii u

Volotaire

EDIT: Hang on. We're in GMT not BST. Does this mean Amazon UK made an error on the timezone or that the pre-orders will actually go up one hour earlier?

So 6:00 AM GMT?

EDIT: BGBW beat me.

How long is this conference. Not bothered about watching it live but would like to watch it before I go work so need to know how early I need to wake up.

It's not pre-recorded. I don't know if there's even a ballpark right now, but there certainly isn't an exact runtime. If I were to just pull an estimate out of thin air, I'd personally assume 60 to 90 minutes.

slit

Those are titles that are rumored to be playable at an EU event. So that would indicate they will be launch or close to launch titles. But no, that would not be all that will be shown tonight.

Rumored to be part of what will be playable in European event.

They are games that are rumoured to be playable at a Switch event in Europe. There is no guarantee that:

1. All games listed make launch;
2. No games outside of that list are available at launch;
3. Nintendo announces only those games during the presentation;
4. Nintendo announces all of the games listed during the presentation;
5. These games are all the games that are playable at the Europe events.

They're from a 4chan leak that purported to originate from someone setting up the marketing materials for the playable demoes at a European event happening this weekend. So, if these are real, they aren't necessarily launch titles, nor are they necessarily the only titles being shown. Just that they are the playable titles that this one person saw during the set-up for a European event.

Thanks, wasn't sure where the rumor actually came from.

KooopaKid

Banned
For the first time in more than a century, every single game shown at a Nintendo conference will be of interest because it's going to be released on a single, unique new Nintendo console.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
reggieu5u5l.png

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819625063116926978

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Which third parties are you guys expecting to be there? Besides Bethesda and 2K Im guessing

Atlus
Capcom
Square Enix
Platinum
Namco

PSFan

orz. 7am is unreasonably early to start pre-orders. Parents are gonna have no idea about this as well.

It's not Christmastime, parents aren't going to care about buying this in March. They'll be wanting to buy it come November or so.

JonnyKong

I'm pulling an all-nighter, fuck it.

Staying up, watching this shit then browse the hype train for a couple hours, get a preorder in then sleep.

Now you mention it, reading the Gaf reaction afterwards will take up a lot of time, plus by the time the presentation has finished I'll be wide awake.

In regards to the pre order, I'm still hoping to get one in at Grainger Games as it's just down the road from me, but I'll use an online site as a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom