• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

Rösti;228164756 said:
reggieu5u5l.png

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819625063116926978

That's kinda neat. The original tweeter must be happy.

So they're finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your hands together, if you want to clap
As we take you through this Ninty rap
Huh!!

BIG N! Ninten-DO!!

SuperSah

Banned
Now you mention it, reading the Gaf reaction afterwards will take up a lot of time, plus by the time the presentation has finished I'll be wide awake.

In regards to the pre order, I'm still hoping to get one in at Grainger Games as it's just down the road from me, but I'll use an online site as a back up.

That's how I see it. Ends at 5am, GAF for an hour and preorder it at 6am. I didn't realise they put BST and not GMT, so an hour earlier is all the better for me.

Griss

It's not pre-recorded. I don't know if there's even a ballpark right now, but there certainly isn't an exact runtime. If I were to just pull an estimate out of thin air, I'd personally assume 60 to 90 minutes.

Wait, it's not a pre-recorded Direct? Really?!?

Wow, that's news to me. I thought this was gonna be a direct. Huh, that sets the cat amongst the pigeons.

I'm hoping 40-60 minutes. Less, and it's not enough. More, and you're probably starting to bore people with stuff that's better off in specific in-depth trailers for each game.

Spend 15 minutes on the hardware on OS and 25-45 on the games, then tomorrow upload a bunch of trailers for everything. That would do nicely for me.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is their multiple events? Like a Japanese stream and an English stream?
Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 in Japanese. Nintendo Treehouse stream in English. But not multiple events/press conferences.

I have a feeling this presentation is going to be drastically shorter than I want it to be. I can't shake the idea that this will be a 30 minute thing. I really hope it's a big thing, considering I'm staying up late to watch it.

I also hope they mention Pokemon Stars and, also, that Bank is now compatible with Sun/Moon.

Crocodile

A new version of SF2 with new content.

Who would want that over SFV? Nostalgia junkies? The FGC? Would that appeal en masse to any other group?

I have a feeling this presentation is going to be drastically shorter than I want it to be. I can't shake the idea that this will be a 30 minute thing. I really hope it's a big thing, considering I'm staying up late to watch it.

To be fair I consider density (how much stuff they can fit in that time) more important than pure time

I also hope they mention Pokemon Stars and, also, that Bank is now compatible with Sun/Moon.

Expect at least one hour

Moltenix

I feel like they wouldn't host this big live presentation if it was only going to be 30 minutes.

Thinking like an hour or more.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Who would want that over SFV? Nostalgia junkies? The FGC? Would that appeal en masse to any other group?

Maybe a good way to get past SFV'S Playstation exclusivity. Something similar was done with the Genesis version way back in the day.

This is starting to remind me of staying up obscenely late for the GameCube announcement. I'll never forget IGN's "we totally know the name of the new system" post.

They thought it was StarCube.

I feel like they wouldn't host this big live presentation if it was only going to be 30 minutes.

Thinking like an hour or more.

It for some reason never registered in my brain that this was a live presentation. I guess I kept thinking livestream like Nintendo Directs always were. Now I definitely don't know what to expect.

Plum

...shall I preorder again on Amazon after doing so with GAME or risk it with just the latter? I can't afford to mess up and buy two but I don't know how well GAME will be able to fulfill their pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom