• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people really need to calm down. This is an event for the Switch's launch, expect just the launch games and maybe... maybe launch window. Nothing else.

Don't expect anything we haven't already heard about.

Kikorin

Honest question for those asking for Metroid by FROMSOFTWARE, how the hell would that work?

Is not that From only do souls like games, anyway I don't think would be a good fit. After Prime series, I doubt someone other than Retro can do again something at that level.

psyfi

Banned
Honest question for those asking for Metroid by FROMSOFTWARE, how the hell would that work?
My favorite things about Metroid are its creepy alien feel and its sense if exploration, two things FROM excells at. Add in a higher than historical difficulty, and the sense of survival and isolation will only be enhanced.

The gameplay could go a million different directions, but man, I'm just enthralled by the possibilities.

Plum

Just a bit of 3D Mario hopes:

If there's anything I want in the new 3D Mario above all else it would be a return to the musical style of Galaxy. Mario 3D World's music was amazing but it lacked the bombast and veracity of Galaxy's soundtrack and, like the entire game, just made things feel "lesser" in comparison. Zelda seems to be moving to a more subdued, melancholy style of music so it would be a perfect fit if songs like Gusty Garden Galaxy and Buoy Base Galaxy. Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise, it really does deserve Nintendo's biggest soundtrack.

Dystify

New Zelda screenshot from The Legend of Zelda facebook.

C160Lz3XAAAOgv6.jpg

I think some people really need to calm down. This is an event for the Switch's launch, expect just the launch games and maybe... maybe launch window. Nothing else.

Good luck with that mate. I whole heartedly agree, but there's a subset of crazies that is so hyped right now.

I hope to see the AAA meltdowns after the event. Please don't disappoint me GAF.

Good luck with that mate. I whole heartedly agree, but there's a subset of crazies that is so hyped right now.

I hope to see the AAA meltdowns after the event. Please don't disappoint me GAF.

So many salty tears and cries of "I'm skipping the Switch" from people who probably didn't plan on getting on anyway.

They make for a good laugh though. At the end of the day... humor is all we got.

The real problem is when you look around and realize others aren't laughing. Corporate loyalty... People take it deadly serious for whatever reason.

So many salty tears and cries of "I'm skipping the Switch" from people who probably didn't plan on getting on anyway.

Overreactions from across the board are certainly assured.

18-Volt

Everyone be talkin' about Metroid and I just want Punch-Out or Kid Icarus

Metroid is more likely than those two ;_;

Tell me about it. I'm tired of mainstream "most wished Nintendo comebacks". Metroid, F-Zero. No one is actually wants them back even though they say otherwise. I bet people will buy a new F-Zero but hardly play it.

Ask stuff that actually matter, people. Advance Wars, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, Warioland, Eternal Darkness, Ouendan...

Probably because it's a symptom of delusional fanboyism.

Hype trains are usually for an unknown quantity. They create fervor and zeal that multiplies, usually in echo chambers.

I think it had to do with them literally FILLING the thread with like hundreds of folks asking to be added and posting updated pics and the like, so essentially; spam. :p

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

Saved for the laughs.

Probably because it's a symptom of delusional fanboyism.

Hype trains are usually for an unknown quantity. They create fervor and zeal that multiplies, usually in echo chambers.

aka I dont like when other people happy

:/

Hype trains is what it is.. a party and everybody drinking and having fun. But in a forum online

Just a bit of 3D Mario hopes:

If there's anything I want in the new 3D Mario above all else it would be a return to the musical style of Galaxy. Mario 3D World's music was amazing but it lacked the bombast and veracity of Galaxy's soundtrack and, like the entire game, just made things feel "lesser" in comparison. Zelda seems to be moving to a more subdued, melancholy style of music so it would be a perfect fit if songs like Gusty Garden Galaxy and Buoy Base Galaxy. Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise, it really does deserve Nintendo's biggest soundtrack.

Apples to oranges, imo. Or I guess, sweeping orchestral scores to big band swing. Both are pretty equally amazing in their own right.

I can see your point though. A more grand, "epic" style of Mario game would be very fun to have again. I love love love 3DW and actually want to see another like it sometime, but I do long for the return of a more "adventure-oriented" Mario game.

Tell me about it. I'm tired of mainstream "most wished Nintendo comebacks". Metroid, F-Zero. No one is actually wants them back even though they say otherwise. I bet people will buy a new F-Zero but hardly play it.

Ask stuff that actually matter, people. Advance Wars, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, Warioland, Eternal Darkness, Ouendan...

A new Ouendan would be great. Too bad iNiS is stuck in Ubisoft's dungeon making gems like this.

I know this is said every time but they really need to get some better compression tools or something. It looks amazing though, I can't wait to see some actual direct-feed Zelda screenshots & gameplay in the coming days.

That's Facebook and Nintendo's strange decision to only post these images there... I'm sure the real thing looks lovely.

I know this is said every time but they really need to get some better compression tools or something. It looks amazing though, I can't wait to see some actual direct-feed Zelda screenshots & gameplay in the coming days.

It's facebook. Nothing Nintendo can do about that really.

Kikorin

The Zelda screen remind me that After tomorrow I've still to wait until March to play it and will be painful. Also I live in EU, so pls Nintendo don't delay BotW.

Regarding people guessing $40 for individual joycons, I can see where they're coming from--it's the price wiimotes went for, so there's a precedent for what the sort-of-half-controller goes for. Personally I don't think the standard joycons will be sold individually, at least outside of Nintendo's online store.

Scrawnton

Regarding people guessing $40 for individual joycons, I can see where they're coming from--it's the price wiimotes went for, so there's a precedent for what the sort-of-half-controller goes for. Personally I don't think the standard joycons will be sold individually, at least outside of Nintendo's online store.
Yeah I think it'll be $40 for two Joycon and $60 for them and the Joycon Grip.

Plum

Apples to oranges, imo. Or I guess, sweeping orchestral scores to big band swing. Both are pretty equally amazing in their own right.

I can see your point though. A more grand, "epic" style of Mario game would be very fun to have again. I love love love 3DW and actually want to see another like it sometime, but I do long for the return of a more "adventure-oriented" Mario game.

Definitely; 3D World's soundtrack was bloody brilliant but as that was the only 3D Mario we got on the Wii U, and it wasn't a 'true' 3D Mario it just hampered my overall feelings towards the game somewhat. I think Nintendo should just scrap the "New" series and replace it with games like 3D World that aren't as big as the big main 3D Marios but still hold a lot of charm whilst offering a more linear experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom