• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_eX

Metroid by Knapnok games / nifflas, of 'affordable space adventures'. Possibly the best game on wii U, id be confident of the gameplay quality and atmosphere if they did a metroid.

Hmm no thanks, I loved the concept of that game but it just fell flat towards the end, the solutions to the later puzzles were incredibly fiddly and not satisfying even in solving them. Nailed the atmosphere though and did some cool things.

I don't think there will be a new Metroid game announced, but I'd like a VR one by Retro if that is a thing for this console.

Oregano

metroid by from
kid icarus character action game by platinum
wave race 3
sin and punishment 3 by treasure
gabe newell appears to announce half life 3 companion game exclusive on switch, can be linked to steam
first person punch out by id

Honestly Platinum making a straight Uprising sequel wouldn't be weird at all. It fits in really well with their portfolio.

This is what im hoping for. I can imagine 12 people playing in the same game of mario kart 8 at the same time at my universities computer and video game society (4 in split screen on the tv and the rest on switches in handheld mode). It would beat having to take turns playing on one tv on the wii u version of mario kart 8.

Love your idea of a docked switch still beeing able to connect localy to oher switch consoles in handheld mode.
Would be unfair for the people playing on the big screen in some games, but still an exciting perspective.

th4tguy

Give me animal crossing, Tokyo Mirage session, Metroid (super style or prime style), and a 2d castlevania (metroidvania style) and I'll be done.

Oregano

Awesome, but the wording of that blog kinda implies that they're dropping Wii U & 3DS support. I asked a question about that in the comments, so hopefully they'll clarify.

Wait, what? That'd be really shitty to drop the best selling ones. WTF!

muteant

Try not to spend too much time focussing on that "surprising developer". I would honestly be surprised if they got a mention.
god dammit. i was just starting to believe that a From Software Metroid (a long-held fantasy of mine) had a chance of happening.

SuperSah

Banned
Seems like preorders will go live pretty soon after the event.

Since i'm in the UK and it'll probably be around 5am when it's done and done, it's pretty much unsafe for me to sleep isn't it if I want a preorder in?

Not many stores nearby me so no use going out. I'll have to rely largely on GAME, Amazon, Shop2 and maybe the likes of Tesco.

I'm probably one of the only people but I wish Nintendo would develop a new Pokémon Card Game for Switch. The cards themselves still sell so there is a market for it. I'd love a new TCG with a campaign and everything.

But yeah it'll never happen

Neoxon

Wait, what? That'd be really shitty to drop the best selling ones. WTF!
This is the quote that has me concerned.
Yacht Club Games said:
Don’t forget King Knight’s very own campaign and the 4-player Battle Mode are still on the horizon for 2017. As described above, they will become available as standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch and will also be delivered as free updates to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Look forward to more news on these in the future!
Though in the description of Battle Mode, it explicitly mentions no Vita or 3DS, so perhaps there's hope for the other 2 Nintendo platforms.

Oregano

This is the quote that has me concerned.

Though in the description of Battle Mode, it explicitly mentions no Vita or 3DS, so perhaps there's hope for the other 2 Nintendo platforms.

Oh yeah that's really odd.

EDIT: On that note is the Switch version going to get exclusive content? PS4 and XBO did, then Wii U owners had to buy an Amiibo but now that's not even exclusive.

bomblord1

Banned
Does it bug anyone else that every piece of switch promotional material in stores is just the exact same 2 images that we've seen since October?

JGdjJbbDJ900n70xaVwo_Os6D9oizZTokJ8VsE4GkM4.jpg

Josh5890

I'm probably one of the only people but I wish Nintendo would develop a new Pokémon Card Game for Switch. The cards themselves still sell so there is a market for it. I'd love a new TCG with a campaign and everything.

But yeah it'll never happen

I've been begging for this for a loooooong time.

OryoN

WTH?! I can't believe there's no GAF hype train filled with precious avatars, heading toward the sun...

Is it too late now? :/

Neoxon

Nevermind, Wii U, 3DS, & Vita are in the clear (though the 3DS & Vita won't get Battle Mode).
Yacht Club Games said:
Q: If I already own Shovel Knight on 3DS/PC/Mac/Linux/Wii U/XB1/PS4/PS3/PS Vita/Amazon Fire will I still get Specter of Torment, King Knight, and Battle Mode for free?

A: Yes. However, as always, Battle Mode is a local-play-only game and so will not appear on 3DS and PS Vita.

antibolo

Banned
Awesome, but the wording of that blog kinda implies that they're dropping Wii U & 3DS support. I asked a question about that in the comments, so hopefully they'll clarify.

That would suck.

I would gladly pay money to get the upcoming content on 3DS. Always seemed weird to me that they're giving those new campaigns away for free, as they do seem like a considerable amount of work.

Does it bug anyone else that ever piece of switch promotional material in stores is just the exact same 2 images that we've seen since October?

JGdjJbbDJ900n70xaVwo_Os6D9oizZTokJ8VsE4GkM4.jpg

Why should it bother anyone? They don't have games to show off yet, so what else should they show? Slightly different angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom