• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tibbs

If Zelda's available day one and the Switch is reasonably priced, this might be the first console I buy at launch. I always hold off for at least a couple of years for a library to get a decent selection of titles first, but Zelda looks so good.

Let's see how tomorrow plays out!

Does anyone think there's a chance of hearing what Retro's been up to?

TDLink

All this would be hype. Tekken 7 and MvC Infinite on the Switch would seriously make me consider which platform to get each game for. A new entry in the MvC series on a Nintendo console just feels so right.

The best part is I feel like those 2 are even more of a lock than the rest there (though I strongly believe they'll all come). Tekken 7 especially feels like it's all but confirmed.

J@hranimo

Banned
How do y'all would feel if we are going to get Nintendo IP tracks in Mario Kart Switch? Like some tracks would based on Pikmin, Splatoon, and few IPs.

Of all the Nintendo IPs, I really want to see a Kirby themed track. Kirby worlds are so whimsical, colorful and imaginative. I think it'd be a perfect fit.

How do y'all would feel if we are going to get Nintendo IP tracks in Mario Kart Switch? Like some tracks would based on Pikmin, Splatoon, and few IPs.
An Inkopolis track is very possible and would be amazing.

Personally, I'd love to see Kirby on a warp star. And, me being me, let's get Geno in there somehow.

ffdgh

I feel like Switch is going to be a strong platform for fighting games. Smash aside, based on what we know there's an (imo) extremely strong probability that Switch will be getting:
  • Tekken 7
  • Injustice 2
  • Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

And also a pretty good possibility it will get:
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Soul Calibur 6

Basically getting everything except Street Fighter, which would be great and a huge difference compared to past gens.
Give me tatsunoko vs capcom 2 if possible.

Sure. We already have Hyrule circuit, Animal crossing, and Mute City/Big Blue. Would also enjoy more vehicles from other series too.

TDLink

If Zelda's available day one and the Switch is reasonably priced, this might be the first console I buy at launch. I always hold off for at least a couple of years for a library to get a decent selection of titles first, but Zelda looks so good.

Let's see how tomorrow plays out!

There's a chance. Also might save that for E3, though I'd honestly just like them to show everything they've got now and just give us updates at E3. Better to put everything on the table now to get people excited.

Give me tatsunoko vs capcom 2 if possible.

I hear you. I loved TvC and I'd actually trade all 6 of those just for a sequel to it. But I'm a Tatsunoko fanatic so I know most people would think I'm crazy there.

Doubt it will happen with a new MvC on the horizon though. Maybe in a few years.

Zalman

There's always a chance. Retro has been releasing a game every three years since Metroid Prime 2 and it has been three years now since DKCTF. I think they should be ready. On the other hand, the fact that so much has leaked and nobody knows anything about Retro makes me think they might not show it yet. Maybe it's just a closely kept secret though.

marmoka

Banned
Good morning GAF!! Did I miss something about Mario Kart? Some leaks or whatever? Everyone is talking about it and I don't if they are just self-predictions, or if there's something more.

Only 21 hours left!!!

TDLink

There's always a chance. Retro has been releasing a game every three years since Metroid Prime 2 and it has been three years now since DKCTF. I think they should be ready. On the other hand, the fact that so much has leaked and nobody knows anything about Retro makes me think they might not show it yet. Maybe it's just a closely kept secret though.

Barely anything has actually leaked for first party. Most of the new game leaks are all from Ubisoft. Other than that we know about Wii U ports.

We know jack shit about made for Switch first party software other than Mario (and we barely know about that). That's exciting.

Or maybe Retro are the ones making that new 3D Mario game (GASP)
I assume the most we'll get is a teaser

I woke up this morning excited about Switch event, only to realize the event's timing was for the West, not the East, so I'm at least 12 hours early.

Zalman

Barely anything has actually leaked for first party. Most of the new game leaks are all from Ubisoft. Other than that we know about Wii U ports.

We know jack shit about made for Switch first party software other than Mario (and we barely know about that). That's exciting.
The Pokémon Stars thing happened, but you're right. I don't think we know that much.

TDLink

The Pokémon Stars thing happened, but you're right. I don't think we know that much.

I'd lump that into the ports even though it's coming from 3DS rather than Wii U.

We largely don't know about brand new games made from the ground up (or at least moved from being Wii U projects before they were announced) for Switch whatsoever.

I'll be preordering both on Amazon and at my local GameStop. I'm not fucking around, I'm getting one on day one. I stood in line at 4 in the morning for a Wii way back in 2006, I'm prepared to do it again!

AGoodODST

I hope Mario Kart is there at launch.

Maybe cause I've been playing a lot of Battlefront lately but I would kill for a new Rouge Squadron. Or even Rogue Squadren II on Virtual Console.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Nintendo got them ironclad NDA's. Nothing has truly leaked. Going into PSX & E3, we pretty much knew everything.
The fact that almost nothing about the system specs was leaked is pretty goddamn impressive.

No...one of the previously rumored Wii U ports for Switch is not a port. Mario Kart is a port though.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/819440363903582208

x1f440.png.pagespeed.ic.1s3kyiHs4l.png

AdanVC

Mario Kart 8 is the only single game I keep playing on good old Wii U literally everyday so knowing it'll have a ton of new tracks, characters and proper battle mode makes me cry of joy literally.

ny0nunW.jpg

Does this mean.....Splatoon?!?!

Whoa. That seems to be implying not a port but a new entry in one of the rumored re-release? The only other rumored ones beside Mario Kart were Splatoon and Smash right?

No way they already have a new Smash ready so it's gotta be a Splatoon sequel I would think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom