• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I cannot believe it's tomorrow.

ouENJDW.gif

source

Which is saying something, because most scenarios in that trailer made little sense. It made it look like gamers need to be playing games at any moment to get through the day.

In spite of that, it successfully explained the concept. It works because we can mentally replace the trailer's non-sensical scenarios with ones that make more sense to us and we get out of it that it's a cool concept.

It showed at least two realistic scenarios, at home and on airplane. Yeah the rest were kinda ridiculous... At a cocktail party? In a moving van? Under a bridge? Lol

Milennia

hanging out with a friend for the conference and then chilling over to pre order in the morning when stores open, beyond hyped for this.

Ok, for the first time since the Gamecube I'm really excited for a Nintendo console. And since 2015 I live overseas and I travel fairly a lot, and I'm ready for a nice portable console. Bring on it Ninty!

idk Berseria, FFXIV, and Mother 4 canon are preeeety outlandish imo. You started off so well too I was kind of excited

Obviously Mother 4 is the most outlandish thing but I dunno. The creator told fans to make the 4th game and I figured maybe he saw it and liked it. Not likely but possible.

Dunno why Bersia is outlandish to you? Its a JRPG which tend to do well on portables plus BN are huge supporters of Nintendo.

FFXIV is kinda outlandish too but eh.

For anyone that cares, Etika is attempting a 24 Hour Livestream leading up to the presentation. The absolute madman lmao.
if anyone can do it, its him. Good luck Etika!

Zalman

Now I'm getting worried they won't show that much and that they're saving what I want to see for E3. But there's no turning back. My hype is too high.

It showed at least two realistic scenarios, at home and on airplane. Yeah the rest were kinda ridiculous... At a cocktail party? In a moving van? Under a bridge? Lol

And even though none of the scenarios in which that feature was showcased were realistic, I thought having two controllers out of the box was really cool. Controllers aren't cheap and, at launch (or ever), I'd rather spend that money on a game. It's nice to know that I could play Mario Kart, maybe Splatoon, or whatever game ends up being playable with Joy-Cons, with my wife on day one without having to spend extra.

J@hranimo

Banned
Now I'm getting worried they won't show that much and that they're saving what I want to see for E3. But there's no turning back. My hype is too high.

They don't need to show their entire hand, but they gotta come through with a strong showing first at least the first 3 months or so. They need momentum from here on throughout the year imo.

They need damn near flawless execution. It won't be flawless, but they can try.

plank

Is some thing suppose to happen today? I plan on just siting on the couch twiddling my thumbs but if you guys know of something else I can do let me hear it.

Moving van isn't that ridiculous. Back before built in TVs were a thing in cars my uncle rigged his van with a small TV sitting on top of the center console so that we could play GameCube games while he drove around. San Fransisco trip from socal in 2002 was probably the best road trip ever as a kid since we pretty much played Melee for 8 hours straight. Many vans and SUVs have built in TVs now that make this even easier. Hell I still take my WiiU on road trips and just play on the gamepad sometimes lol.

Cautiously optimistic but ready to give Nintendo a few £100 in March and probably more throughout the year. Do not have the energy for 4am tomorrow so I will qatch on YT after...

They've given themselves all the time in the world to make this impressive. They clearly have been saving software from the Wii U for the past 1+ years and they've put off the reveal until almost the last second. By all accounts they should have a hell of show to put on.

If for any reason this show fails to impress Nintendo has no excuses they can make other than to blame themselves

Nintendo knows they have to be no holds barred in their own way with the presentation. Can't wait to (hopefully) see those months of silence pay off.

Even with what games we know of and are possible based upon accessory leaks, that alone is sounding like a pretty damn good launch line up.

Get some sleep my follow Californians. Actually all those in NA. you wanna be ready for announcements and doom/hype talk that comes after.

As for me. I got classes and stuff I got to do, so I'm to bed. Hopefully i'm still good to watch the presentation at 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom