• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If Bethesda is on stage they better have Doom running on Switch as well in addition to Skyrim. Doom running and performing well on Switch could do a lot for the system in terms of appeal.

Especially since it would likely have no competition for a while on the system - big multiplattform shooters that could be coming to Switch as well like CoD are Fall/Holiday releases.

If Bethesda is on stage they better have Doom running on Switch as well in addition to Skyrim. Doom running and performing well on Switch could do a lot for the system in terms of appeal.

Especially since it would likely have no competition for a while on the system - big multiplattform shooters that could be coming to Switch as well like CoD are Fall/Holiday releases.

I doubt that Doom would mesh well with the tone of this thing.

Hey look happy Mario and Splatoon.
Now rip a heart out of a demon.
Lets go back to see what Yoshi is up to.

Gaspard

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271662-three-unexplained-cpsia-certificates-for-amiibo-surface

Has this been posted yet? This explains 4 new amiibo coming out. 2 individual ones and one 2-pack. According to their serial numbers, two of them have "AK", indicating they are Zelda amiibo. The other two aren't part of any other amiibo lineup.

I assume BotW Zelda is going to be fully revealed and she's getting her own amiibo. Maybe the second is a bird NPC with a major role? Or maybe physical ganon.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

At least that's platform diversity.

It's taking risks, don't you think?

I assume BotW Zelda is going to be fully revealed and she's getting her own amiibo. Maybe the second is a bird NPC with a major role? Or maybe physical ganon.

I'm not sure which, what, or who but there's no longer a doubt in my mind BotW is coming at launch.

oti

Banned
9200000073627259.jpg

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/controller-grip-voor-nintendo-switch/9200000073627259/

9200000073627257.jpg

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/officiele-deluxe-opbergtas-voor-nintendo-switch/9200000073627257/

What is this grip?

Man, if we get a new battle mode, I want the Donut Stage from N64. But rounded like an actual donut, and all anti-gravity! Like Mario Galaxy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

A short trailer/teaser would be enough - they dont need to have a full gameplay demo since both games already been released.

Not saying that it will happen....but it would help to attract more people outside the usual Nintendo crowds - just like Skyrim does. If Skyrim is at launch - Doom could be part of the 2nd Wave of Switch titles that hit in summer with Mario Kart.

But we will see....

Man, if we get a new battle mode, I want the Donut Stage from N64. But rounded like an actual donut, and all anti-gravity! Like Mario Galaxy.
Nice thinking.

I didn't think about if they bring back some old Battle Mode stages from N64 they can add some anti-gravity to them.

Man soooo close to seeing it!

tolkir

My bingo:

- Ubisoft: Leaked games (RaymanxMario RPG, BG&E 2)
- Bandai Namco: Tekken 7, Ace Combat 7, New Ridge Racer
- Level 5: Snack World, Yokai Watch Spin-off
- Capcom: Monster Hunter Stories Remastered
- Koei-Tecmo: Fire Emblem Warriors, Dynasty Warriors 9
- Atlus: SMT V, Etrian Odyssey VI
- Marvelous: Hometown and life game
- Sega: Project Sonic 2017 gameplay, Daytona USA 3
- Square-Enix: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Dragon Quest XI, Kingdom Hearts III
- Bethesda: Skyrim
- Nindies sizzle reel (Undertale, Trine 3)
- Virtual Console: Mother 3
- Nintendo: Super Mario 3D, New IP with local multiplayer focus (it could use some Nintendo characters), Splatoon, Smash for Switch, New Project Sora, New Retro game, New Monolith game, Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Dungeon trailer
- Others: Updated Miis, Communities, New amiibos.

... and, why not, F-Zero.

Yeah that ain't a bad shout you know. It be the one game that would get tails wagging. Also i wonder if, like the shield, the switch will have a game streaming service, and that could be used to show it off?

munchie64

Those JoyCon things look funny.

Gotta say, I'm pretty hype. I predict the event itself will be rather dry, but a few surprises would get me excited.

me0wish

Yup. I kind of hope they'll just see Mario Kart Switch as a service and keep adding DLC tracks and characters to it throughout the life of the Switch. It'd be the ultimate Mario Kart. Wouldn't even need a MK9.

I hope the Switch will be iterative and Nintendo's final console. Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 be the final versions of those two games, being updated on a regular bases, and major content dlc coming every 3 to 4 years that contain new content of everything, releasing on shelves as new games.

To me this, this would be the ultimate dream, I don't mind not having a new MK Double Dash if we can get double dash mode added to Mario Kart Switch, I won't have to be worried that the "new" Smash won't have the previous characters/levels/features I love and that the DLC I bought will be obselete with the release of the new game.

Dystify

Wait, where did the leak of Splatoon 2 come from?

It's always been speculated that the Splatoon we saw in the trailer is a new entry in the game, rather than a port. However, some have speculated it to be a port. Now Emily said one of the previously speculated ports is actually a sequel. Most assume this is Splatoon.

Ladekabel

Weren't there rumors about Nintendo meeting with EA? That probably results in sports game for launch but what do you guys think are the chances we see something like Titanfall 2? Unravel sequel or that other EA """indie""" game (I believe it is called Fy.) I would almost see as a given.

DavidDesu

Doom's fantasy violence for starters, they can show the game without showing anything crazy. AND... Sony and Microsoft have no problem hopping from serious shooters or whatever to lighter fun kids games. If Nintendo want more sales there's no reason why they would prevent more mature titles being on the system and doing some promotion of them at their event(s). The Switch to me actually feels like and looks like a more mature console, and sure Mario isn't going to get a game riffing off of the movie tone, but they can allow for a broader range of content!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
You can see the power brick of the switch.

a badly rendered version of it. but yes. that's also why I posted the picture. it gives us a "maybe" version of the power brick

Edit: I said it once and I'll say it again..DOOM for the Switch would be my biggest dream.

Doom's fantasy violence for starters, they can show the game without showing anything crazy. AND... Sony and Microsoft have no problem hopping from serious shooters or whatever to lighter fun kids games. If Nintendo want more sales there's no reason why they would prevent more mature titles being on the system and doing some promotion of them at their event(s). The Switch to me actually feels like and looks like a more mature console, and sure Mario isn't going to get a game riffing off of the movie tone, but they can allow for a broader range of content!

I personally think it's the exact opposite. They want to recapture the kids audience that has been lost to mobile. It being a tablet, two controllers in one and heavy focus on local MP confirms that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom